Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn’t explain the searches that have been conducted, especially ones that are some distance away. I think it’s reasonable to think that they were performed because of data from Mollie’s phone or Fitbit. In your scenario, these items are left at the scene of the attack. Also, I think it’s highly unlikely that Mollie’s body would still be missing, if she were simply dragged into the corn and murdered there, regardless of how thick it is.
A poster back a few days ago on this thread ran a test she actually posted 3 pictures with her sons standing in cornfields. You could not see them! I actually think that’s where her body is or buried somewhere in a shallow grave.

What are your thoughts on a “friendly ride?” Hypothetically, her walking to mom’s for brats (post run) and someone she’s seen before, offering her a ride? “It’s getting dark outside” type of thing.

I think that still quickly turns into her realization that they weren't going to her mom's and that poses hurdles for the driver, particularly if this was an opportunity lure.

Hey all, I got in and out of Brooklyn without incident (as expected). Ran into Mollie’s dad giving an interview at Casey’s, that was surreal... full report when we get home, enjoying some Dairey Queen first!
Good to hear you made it home safe. Every time I see any of them I just wish there was more I could do.

You wouldn’t need a car to be lurking or hiding between the cornstalks, hanging out possibly doing drugs or up to no good and happen to a see a young pretty female run buy who was focused on running and listening to her iTunes. Perp comes up behind her covers her mouth and drags her into the cornfield and assaults her. Shes a small girl it wouldn’t be hard for a man. He could have a weapon gun or knife to her back. Destroys and/or powers off Fitbit and iPhone. Possibly bury them. Then perp runs off. She’s probably in those cornfields and won’t be found until Harvest in October.

How did the perp get there?

I'm curious about your theory, as you seem so sure and I am baffled.

I think it has something to do with a number of people on this thread finding lateott’s theory fairly
compelling. You will have to look it up on the thread and do some digging to know what it is. And further digging to know why it might have legs. Of course, it could be wrong. Sorry to be cryptic, I don’t want to get the thread shut down.

I think that still quickly turns into her realization that they weren't going to her mom's and that poses hurdles for the driver, particularly if this was an opportunity lure.
Right, and this is where a few people on WS have speculated that the whole thing might have taken a negative turn. Her awareness that she was not going to mom's house prompts a negative reaction. That negative reaction to being abducted in turn forces the driver to use force to subdue her. And, it goes permanently negative from there.

@SteveP - you are right, the day they name a suspect is the day they make an arrest. I can’t see LE saying “XXXX is a suspect in MT’s disappearance” and then just letting them go about their day.
Unless lab results are do back on Monday. Perhaps they expected results on Friday but they weren’t completed and LE needs confirmation before moving forward. In that case once confirmed he would be arrested before the presser that’s how I’ve seen it done when an arrest is coming.

Regardless of how this turns out, I can see RT taking a John Walsh-like role and being an amazing advocate for victims families.

He has come across in every media appearance as intelligent, thoughtful and well spoken. I can see why MT referred to him as her hero. The strength he’s shown through this ordeal is nothing short of amazing.

I’ve heard conflicting things about how LC is in real life (not posting them here - it’s irrelevant & may violate TOS) but everything I’ve ever read about RT is he’s a stand up guy.
Agreed - earlier I compared him to Marc Klaas, because of just how amazing he has been. I fully believe that regardless of outcome, he will continue on to help others. I've been nothing but impressed by him. This entire situation breaks my heart for him the most out of eveyone, because you can tell just how close they are/were.

I do think Monday's presser will go on, as scheduled, if for no other reason than they have cancelled the last two. They have intimated that they will release more information in the next one, and I believe that they will, but I do not believe it will be any case-breaking news. They may confirm that they have or have not found a particular item, i.e. a red shirt, but they may not confirm or deny it is Mollie's. Or they may confirm what they at least presume her running route was, or roughly the time they think she may have disappeared. I expect they will again take questions, but not answer many. If they already know there is some specific information that they need from the public, I don't see them holding it until Monday to ask for. Likewise, as I have stated before, I do not believe they will let a suspect stay free until Monday if they have enough on him to arrest him today...so I assume they do not. I think the presser is more for show than for substance, and I truly do not have a real sense, one way or the other, whether LE has any idea what happened to Mollie, and who may be responsible. JMO (because I don't MOO)

BBM

I've seen this mentioned a couple of times now and am curious where you saw this, because the press release has the exact same wording as the prior press conferences (that updates will be provided regarding the investigative response).
???

Postponement of Friday's Press Conference

Psychopaths and sociopaths can both pass lie detector tests with flying colors. They both, for the most part, feel no guilt, remorse or empathy. There is something seriously wrong with the person who met up with or kidnapped Mollie.

A poster back a few days ago on this thread ran a test she actually posted 3 pictures with her sons standing in cornfields. You could not see them! I actually think that’s where her body is or buried somewhere in a shallow grave.

I also wonder about if she was killed soon after her abduction why her body hasn’t been found. Thinking Holly Bobo and other cases where the body was in the vicinity, but wasn’t found until a mushroom hunter or some other innocent stumbled across it.

Cadaver dogs have been used in this case, but I *think* those kinds of dogs are on leash and not given free reign to run and give an alert by bark. I could very well be wrong on that point though. Someone else better qualified could chime in.

LE never names suspects anymore...too much legal danger if the person turns out not to be guilty, danger of vigilante justice, etc...

Sometimes “everyone” knows who a POI is, and an arrest never comes...Drew Peterson is one such in my mind. He has never been charged in relation to Stacey, though he certainly murdered her, imo. And since he is in prison anyway, he likely never will be. LE can’t conjure up proof if it is not there, and if they DO have a POI, seemingly it is not a person with an outstanding warrant or other issues as we have seen a lot of cases begin that way...with a small charge.

I go back and forth between someone very close to Mollie, to the local introverted weirdo in town taking advantage of an opportunity. What are those guys called now...”Incels”? The “involutary celibates” who feel women owe them sex...good grief what next...

But anything in between is possible too, obviously. I do not think anyone took her with the purpose of “keeping” her...feels like a sexual attack followed by murder, unfortunately.

Jmo

Ve
Happy Hello All,

I am trying to catch up. Found these on the last thread and didn't find much discussion, I wonder if there are folks who have a better understanding of this sort of construction project? or any of the specifics where Poweshiek's North English Project goes?

Moved from last thread:

JenniferMN wrote: "I am intrigued by the wind farm project that was brought up and the pdf that was posted showing the location of the turbines. The project is quite large and is not too far from Brooklyn. I would have to imagine if that project is currently in the works, it would bring in many temp/contracted employees from outside of the area. I work for a company that provides skilled labor and often when we send employees out on projects hotels get filled up quickly and sometimes we have to go several towns over to find vacancy.
The hotel in Brooklyn would likely be utilized by these workers. I am just brainstorming on what would bring someone to Brooklyn if this was a stranger abduction. If you were living in a hotel it'd be reasonable that you might go driving around in your off time looking for things to do, places to eat, etc."

Here is an article I found in the DesMoines Paper. I am clipping a sentence or two because I wonder if they are relevant to Mollie's disappearance. The article was from last Nov.

North English Wind Project sold

"Over the next 40 years, the North English Wind Project is expected to pay approximately $137 million to Poweshiek County in property taxes, and approximately $114 million to landowners in the form of rent payments. Additional economic benefits include more than 100 temporary construction related jobs and 12 to 15 permanent local jobs."

The TEMPORARY CONSTRUCTION related JOBS caught my eye. I wondered if perhaps either DJ or BJ worked there or if any of their friends did and perhaps this led to Mollie's meeting someone? Maybe recognized someone because of a truck logo or because she knew the person (not well but slightly) on sight only through a connection with that project?

Did these temporary construction jobs bring new folks there? How do companies hire for these sorts of projects? Do they run any sort of background checks? Are the local police involved or notified -

And here is a question out of left field - could a sex offender take a temp job anywhere in our country and his profile would continue to show his permanent address only?

Where exactly is that project?

I too am very intrigued about that Poweshiek Wind Project. Would like to understand better the details. Anyone?

Veracity, Interesting about the construction job. I read on another site a few days or so ago about someone that suspected Mollie was abducted by a construction worker. Her boyfriend worked in construction. Maybe he had some friends in construction that ALSO knew Mollie. Maybe they also knew (via the boyfriend) that Mollie was going to be home alone that day (because her boyfriend ran his mouth to his friends). Maybe one of Mollie's boyfriend's friends (who worked construction with him) was also following her on social media because he was infatuated with her. Maybe Mollie also knew this guy because of course he was a friend of her boyfriend's and he also worked with him. Maybe since he is in construction he is no longer in the area. Maybe she trusted this guy (he showed up at her house), but something happened and it turned deadly. Or something along those lines.

When I first got my Fitbit I tried to wear it to bed to use the sleep tracking feature but it just felt uncomfortable and now I take it off at the end of each day.
Same! I love the sleep tracking feature but can’t sleep with anything tight on my wrist. If I wear it loose, it doesn’t track my sleep correctly so I just take it off nowadays.

Good for you. I said it was a possibility. I’m sure everything is on the table for LE as far as what they are looking into.
No you said that's what normal 20 year old girls do, and it's not. A possibility? That's one thing, but normal activity for a 20 year old girl? Hardly. It's not "normal" activity for a 20 year old girl to date a married man or go out on a couple of dates when she's in a committed relationship. I strongly disagree with that sentiment. Strongly.

I think it has something to do with a number of people on this thread finding lateott’s theory fairly
compelling. You will have to look it up on the thread and do some digging to know what it is. And further digging to know why it might have legs. Of course, it could be wrong. Sorry to be cryptic, I don’t want to get the thread shut down.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members