Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SBBM - I might be nitpicking here but in the RT article and video interview I think it's pretty clear that he saw her walking east along W Des Moines St, then he assumed she had to have either turned north or south down Jackson St because she did not appear to backtrack to the west again. It was not a sighting along Jackson. MOO

Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

Also, in regard to the weird pinned tweet where Mollie described being mistaken for a 10 yr old missing girl by LE, if you click on the comments you will see that a female friend of hers confesses to calling it in. Then they both joke about how young she looks. So, unless the friend was lying, we know the source of the 'tip'. It wasn't just a random LEO or person impersonating a LEO who approached her, if that makes sense. I'm also assuming that it was campus police. Because she was likely in the school library on UoI grounds.

In terms of looking for Mollie, a local suggested elsewhere to look at hunting cabins/lodges used by other locals. It might be easy to check out the public hunting spaces, but you'd need permission to go on private land to search privately owned ones. Still, it wouldn't hurt to ask hunters to check their own buildings just in case they were being clandestinely used by trespassers.
I 100% took that as a joke from one of her best friends. Like a “it was me that did it because you look so young.” Hat specific friend, how been one of the loudest voices on sm regarding bringing Mollie home. I truly think if she was doing anything other than kidding in that comment, she would’ve spoken up by now. It’s not like we are the only ones that have noticed the pinned tweet. MSM picked it up too...
Mollie Tibbetts Eerie Pinned Tweet Is About a ‘Missing Child’ | Heavy.com

Okay this probably means nothing but it is a thought I have been having regarding the text about the brats and Mollie responding OK.

I have two children,25 and 15. The 25 year old, I could text him the "The House Is On Fire RUN!" and he would text back "ok". The 15 year old would text back an elaborate response, likely questioning any sort of visible flames, did I call 999, where is Kat, etc. My point is that we know zero about Mollie's texting habits with her mom. She falls in the middle of my children but she is also very SM active. Both of my children are, yet their texting habits are completely different.

So Mollie, texting back OK after her Mom said brats about dinner? That could mean ANYTHING. Yeah, Mom, I'm going to the DR in a couple weeks, wearing a bridesmaid dress and a bikini with my supercute boyfriend, I'll be RIGHT over to eat a brat. Yeah Mom, you know I love a brat, I just went for a run and I could eat a mammoth and I will be right there! Or Okay, you're making brats. Not my favourite but do I wanna cook?

We also don't know what other context is around this exchange. If there was more to it. And because we have no idea of her texting habits, which can vary widely from other SM, this is yet another thing I just can't get any sort of "vibe" or clear line of thought about.

That didn't come from me.

Just thinking back to when I first read about it, wasn't it said that people were told about the camera when they paid their bills?
Yeah someone thought it had maybe been posted on the website
I didn’t see anything on the Coop website. In reality though, if there was a camera down when the girl next door went missing, I’m assuming the first thing you’d do is fix it. I wish we knew if there was ever really a camera outage.

I've been doing some looking. This was being discussed back in Thread 13. @Mom24 - do you have a link/source for the camera at the co-op being out due to a lightning strike? If I try to 'read up' on the thread it ends up back to a comment that gives me an error so I can't figure who first mentioned it. But I'm a newbie here so maybe someone else will have more luck.

(From this morning)[/QUOTE]
WC has a bog?

Warning - possible graphic post after first paragraph.

Anaerobic hog waste digestion/retention/ lagoon/pond/BOG next to the hog finishing facility, adjacent to WC's property line. This is the only use of the term bog, in this immediate area, that makes any sense to me! (This is not to imply that WC had ANYTHING to do with MT's dissapearence, he just happens to live there.) There was previous press mention of LE searching a "bog" in the area, still not sure of the accuracy of that report, or what else "bog" may mean in Iowa.

IMO a hog waste pond is a GREAT place to dump a chain weighted, properly prepared body. Even if the body is not completely digested, the hog waste pond bacteria, and overall environment, will likely destroy all usable forensic evidence, and a lot of soft tissue. However, since the hog farm near WC's place, I believe, had a fire and hence has no hogs at this time; I wonder how full those ponds are at this point, and if one could conceal a body to best effect there at this time. (If you Google the site, you can see the waste lagoons in question on satillite view) But, there are many of these ponds throughout Iowa, right next to any large scale hog house. Though a previous post has pointed out that in other states, and some newer operations, they may use large septic holding tanks that are regularly pumped out. In South Carolina, they spray the liquid portion of the waste onto adjacent fields to keep them from overflowing, but not sure what is allowed in Iowa. Note that it appears that WC has 70 acres of soybean on his property (He may not be a snazzy dresser, but his net worth could be impressive). My question is, since these industrial hog houses are "biosecure areas" just how difficult would it be to sneak in/out of the property at night to dump 200+ lbs in the waste pit?

Bringing forward from the last thread some questions:

If she was attacked while wearing the Fitbit, would it show her increased heartbeat? Assumably...:(
Thinking more about this, any other vitals it monitors? I wonder if this potential record of biological response(s) can/will be used in court to demonstrate a timeline and attack, assuming it is recovered and this is the case?

I don't know whether a fitbit has ever been used as evidence in court before -- prosecutors (assuming it would be prosecutors) would have to get a fitbit expert to explain how they work, how the info on them can't be changed (if that is so), and to testify what the info means.
This would all have to be done without the jury being present, I would assume, like we have seen other evidence/testimony in new systems/devices. They would also have to show/prove that the fitbit was last worn on the night/day she was abducted -- if it was an abduction, etc.The judge would prolly ask questions, etc., etc., and then give a ruling.

Someone here might have already seen fitbit info used as evidence.
Anyone?

A thought on stranger abduction vs acquaintance abduction: I haven’t made up my mind on this just yet. After viewing SharonNeedles wonderful and informative videos, a lot of people have switched theories away from stranger abduction while Mollie was jogging or walking to her Mom’s to either being taken from DJ’s house or going willingly with an acquaintance which later turned violent.

People are basing this on the fact that after watching the videos they felt there would have been too many witnesses to a stranger abduction during which Mollie would have likely put up a struggle.

I have tried to envision life in Brooklyn on a summer evening if in fact she disappeared sometime between 7:30 and around 9:00. Watching SharonNeedles’ daytime videos I did not see a lot of people on the streets nor did I see many cars except right in downtown. At 7:30 and later on a weeknight there would have been even less as many of the businesses would be closed for the evening around 5:00. So what about people in their homes? At that time of night people are probably either eating or cleaning up after dinner. They may have turned on the tv or are catching up with email, snail mail, or reading a book, newspaper, or magazine. There are probably less people looking out their windows at this time of day. Also, it was still light at that time and drivers would not have their headlights on yet. While I’m writing this I am sitting in my living room on my iPad. I barely acknowledge any traffic going by. However, if it was later, I would very likely notice headlights and would look out as they were going by, particularly if the car slowed or stopped.

So, imho, I think it would be very possible to have a stranger abduction in daylight in the evening in Brooklyn without witnesses.

Mine (Alta HR) only monitors my heart rate and it has been known to buzz at me a couple of times in the middle of the night when my heart rate spiked from about 55 to 150. Here’s a SS of the app page.

View attachment 141907 View attachment 141909
I certainly think a jury could understand those pages. Date, time, etc. Excellent info.

Piggy-backing on what BessDrew and many others wrote about a less sinister situation, combined with all the excellent Sleuthers who have stated that MT's health concerns may have been part of a "confluence of factors", resulting in a tragedy. I'd have to say....

snipped for space

Praying for Mollie and her family!

Yes. I still lean toward a familiar acquaintance luring her into a vehicle and, then, at some point, refusing to let her leave.

But your scenarios about a pool party or boating accident etc. are exactly what I was saying I don't want to overlook bc my imagination jumps to the sinister.

Could Mollie have attended another event and then met an accidental death either at the event or on the way home from this location (putting her in a different area than the searches are focused on)?

Where could she have been that might cause a local or two to clam up (to protect themselves or other parties)?

I.e.
-At a place where minors were served alcohol...thus liability.
-At a place she met someone who was not her boyfriend, even if it was just to hang out casually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay this probably means nothing but it is a thought I have been having regarding the text about the brats and Mollie responding OK.

I have two children,25 and 15. The 25 year old, I could text him the "The House Is On Fire RUN!" and he would text back "ok". The 15 year old would text back an elaborate response, likely questioning any sort of visible flames, did I call 999, where is Kat, etc. My point is that we know zero about Mollie's texting habits with her mom. She falls in the middle of my children but she is also very SM active. Both of my children are, yet their texting habits are completely different.

So Mollie, texting back OK after her Mom said brats about dinner? That could mean ANYTHING. Yeah, Mom, I'm going to the DR in a couple weeks, wearing a bridesmaid dress and a bikini with my supercute boyfriend, I'll be RIGHT over to eat a brat. Yeah Mom, you know I love a brat, I just went for a run and I could eat a mammoth and I will be right there! Or Okay, you're making brats. Not my favourite but do I wanna cook?

We also don't know what other context is around this exchange. If there was more to it. And because we have no idea of her texting habits, which can vary widely from other SM, this is yet another thing I just can't get any sort of "vibe" or clear line of thought about.
Or, it could have meant, ok, I'll decide later!

I'm new, but I grew up in a small Missouri town and everyone does know everyone. I have to think many in the community were aware of WC and aware of his past.

Also, if MT was a daycare worker, I wonder if LE has looked at the parents of those who had children in the daycare. Could it be that one of the dads had a crush on her? You get to know the parents of children that you teach in a daycare and perhaps one of them offered her a ride to work...

I'm new to this thread and tried to read quite a bit but not all of it. I'm very sad that there is so little to go on and the fate of poor Mollie remains a mystery. It really is heartbreaking.

My own theory - for what its worth - is that she did make it back to her boyfriends house after the run - to call her Mum, google topics for her homework and send a snapchat. We can't know what time she sent the snapchat as after having been opened in the casual way by her boyfriend the picture and time stamp will have disappeared within a day.

The dogs being in the basement suggest two main options:
- that she hadn't got round to letting them out after returning from her run and had got distracted by talking to her Mum before doing so. After putting down the phone and a little more work and sending a snapchat she was interrupted by someone at the door who then abducted her. Very likely someone she knew or who had been tracking her in some way.
- she was abducted in the morning as she was about to leave in her red shirt.
The snapchat, the missing red T-shirt and home work searches (if verified) point to a morning abduction, the absence of her jogging kit (if that's true) and failure to sort out her car ride for the early start point to an evening abduction. I'm not entirely sure of the clothing information and whether that info is official - one source seemed to say there were two red Ts at her mums house and she was therefore referring to a third possible T shirt. I'm not sure if the status of her jogging clothes (and shoes) was been confirmed officially either.

However, we know she spoke to her mum and on the basis of the homework googling being true and the goodnight snapchat I'd lean to a morning abduction. In some ways this seems odd as the cover of darkness seems more favourable in such an open location - but that further suggests that it might be someone she knew offering her a lift whether directly outside the house or on her way to her Mums house. I would favour the former of those two options and that someone knocked at the door since she had only her phone and fitbit with her. Its unlikely that she would set off for work without her wallet etc.

As others have said, she has a potentially very wide pool of social contacts from school, workplace, her current course, home community and high school. But I would guess its most likely to be someone fairly local.

Sorry - none of this is new. I've kept changing my mind as I've been drafting. Its so perplexing as the clues, such as they are, point in different directions.

This one is my first look through town. If you view this before youtube finishes trimming it, note that the hardware store I see is not the hardware store that was vandalized. This one gives you a good feel for the town, next one will be a closer look at the residential streets.

This video starts as we leave Casey's and continue west down Historic US 6 to 385th Ave just west of town. I had never been down this road before and now I can see why - it's gravel turning to dirt before it turns into West Des Moines St. I really don't think Historic US 6 or that stretch of 385th are relevant as potential routes, but maybe they should be noted.

(3:15) As I enter West Des Moines St and continue East you'll see the house where Mollie was dog sitting and the Electric Co-Op to my left. You can get plenty of close up via google street view if you're interested.

(5:10) W Des Moines meets Jackson St and I turn left (N) towards the high school. To get to Mom's house one would turn right at the 6:30 mark. I'm not going over to those houses. I continue North to Hwy 6 (not the same as Historic US 6), then turn around and go back South.

(9:30) Heading South on Jackson, I turn left (E) on Pershing. This is likely a street Mollie would have jogged along regularly. 10:45 I turn right (S) on Mills St and follow that south to 2nd street (11:35).

(12:35) I'm stopped on the corner of 2nd and Clay St getting ready to turn North. Note the view from here, you can see Casey's up ahead from the that intersection. I turn and follow Clay St north until it ends at E Des Moines St (14:35). Here I turn left (W) back to Jackson, then turn south and head towards the Business District. Notice Casey's again off to my right at 15:50.

(16:00) The Business District in Brooklyn is really just the one block of Jackson St south of Casey's. It's a one-way (south only) street.
just want to say thank you!! very helpful!

A thought on stranger abduction vs acquaintance abduction: I haven’t made up my mind on this just yet. After viewing SharonNeedles wonderful and informative videos, a lot of people have switched theories away from stranger abduction while Mollie was jogging or walking to her Mom’s to either being taken from DJ’s house or going willingly with an acquaintance which later turned violent.

People are basing this on the fact that after watching the videos they felt there would have been too many witnesses to a stranger abduction during which Mollie would have likely put up a struggle.

I have tried to envision life in Brooklyn on a summer evening if in fact she disappeared sometime between 7:30 and around 9:00. Watching SharonNeedles’ daytime videos I did not see a lot of people on the streets nor did I see many cars except right in downtown. At 7:30 and later on a weeknight there would have been even less as many of the businesses would be closed for the evening around 5:00. So what about people in their homes? At that time of night people are probably either eating or cleaning up after dinner. They may have turned on the tv or are catching up with email, snail mail, or reading a book, newspaper, or magazine. There are probably less people looking out their windows at this time of day. Also, it was still light at that time and drivers would not have their headlights on yet. While I’m writing this I am sitting in my living room on my iPad. I barely acknowledge any traffic going by. However, if it was later, I would very likely notice headlights and would look out as they were going by, particularly if the car slowed or stopped.

So, imho, I think it would be very possible to have a stranger abduction in daylight in the evening in Brooklyn without witnesses.
A good point, and you may very well be right. Many people jog by my home, but I never really notice them at all. If something happened very quickly it may be that no one noticed anything.

I'm new to this thread and tried to read quite a bit but not all of it. I'm very sad that there is so little to go on and the fate of poor Mollie remains a mystery. It really is heartbreaking.

My own theory - for what its worth - is that she did make it back to her boyfriends house after the run - to call her Mum, google topics for her homework and send a snapchat. We can't know what time she sent the snapchat as after having been opened in the casual way by her boyfriend the picture and time stamp will have disappeared within a day.

The dogs being in the basement suggest two main options:
- that she hadn't got round to letting them out after returning from her run and had got distracted by talking to her Mum before doing so. After putting down the phone and a little more work and sending a snapchat she was interrupted by someone at the door who then abducted her. Very likely someone she knew or who had been tracking her in some way.
- she was abducted in the morning as she was about to leave in her red shirt.
The snapchat, the missing red T-shirt and home work searches (if verified) point to a morning abduction, the absence of her jogging kit (if that's true) and failure to sort out her car ride for the early start point to an evening abduction. I'm not entirely sure of the clothing information and whether that info is official - one source seemed to say there were two red Ts at her mums house and she was therefore referring to a third possible T shirt. I'm not sure if the status of her jogging clothes (and shoes) was been confirmed officially either.

However, we know she spoke to her mum and on the basis of the homework googling being true and the goodnight snapchat I'd lean to a morning abduction. In some ways this seems odd as the cover of darkness seems more favourable in such an open location - but that further suggests that it might be someone she knew offering her a lift whether directly outside the house or on her way to her Mums house. I would favour the former of those two options and that someone knocked at the door since she had only her phone and fitbit with her. Its unlikely that she would set off for work without her wallet etc.

As others have said, she has a potentially very wide pool of social contacts from school, workplace, her current course, home community and high school. But I would guess its most likely to be someone fairly local.

Sorry - none of this is new. I've kept changing my mind as I've been drafting. Its so perplexing as the clues, such as they are, point in different directions.

One thing that influences my thinking here is cameras. Not just actual cameras, but the threat that a camera could be anywhere.

If MT was abducted by or lured to go with someone who knew her and her roommates well, perhaps they could feel relatively sure there were no cameras on their property or their neighbor's property.

But if the person was just an acquaintance, I would think if they were trying to avoid cameras, they'd bet on taking her out by a cornfield rather than by houses. Sure, a trail cam could still pick you up on a random chance. But the odds are less likely.

The other thing I've wondered about the co-op building...is there any chance people would lie and say the camera wasn't working just to keep a perp from disposing a vehicle etc.? What if the camera did pick something up and they are hunting down a vehicle or other connection right now?

Correct, and I would be willing to bet whoever makes (or has made) a fake page has a knock on their door from LE. As my mom says, "you can't help stupid".
Or possibly isn't even in this country. I traced friends of friends of friends on that page and it led me to some out of the country white supremacy type sites.

(From this morning)

Warning - possible graphic post after first paragraph.

Anaerobic hog waste digestion/retention/ lagoon/pond/BOG next to the hog finishing facility, adjacent to WC's property line. This is the only use of the term bog, in this immediate area, that makes any sense to me! (This is not to imply that WC had ANYTHING to do with MT's dissapearence, he just happens to live there.) There was previous press mention of LE searching a "bog" in the area, still not sure of the accuracy of that report, or what else "bog" may mean in Iowa.

Can you link to the article where it says they searched a bog? And I am pretty sure there are cranberry bogs, peat bogs and wetlands in IA and pretty much up in the Midwest bog refers to swampy, grassy wetlands. I've not heard an animal waste treatment called a bog, at least around here. Could be different there, but hog and cow waste is usually contained in a giant underground septic system.

Could Mollie have attended another event and then met an accidental death either at the event or on the way home from this location (putting her in a different area than the searches are focused on)?

Where could she have been that might cause a local or two to clam up (to protect themselves or other parties)?
I.e.
-At a place where minors were served alcohol...thus liability.
-At a place she met someone who was not her boyfriend, even if it was just to hang out casually.[/QUOTE]

Awesome questions, BessDrew!

Sadly, my mind goes to the sinister too fast also. So, I need to flesh the accidental stuff out first, completely.

The list of the SINISTER "add-ons" to the "meeting up with someone down the block, and getting in their car willingly" is SCARY AND ENDLESS:

a. "Hey, you've been running. Thatta girl! Here's an ice-cold water bottle I got you." (Meanwhile, its spiked)

b. The date-rape drug.

c. A cigarette............ everybody is passing around, ....but it is laced with a little fentanyl.....
This is all too terrifying. My imagination is a frightening place.

A good point, and you may very well be right. Many people jog by my home, but I never really notice them at all. If something happened very quickly it may be that no one noticed anything.
I could go either way on this. I live in a town of 1,200 people and some of my neighbors (in my case they happen to be a bit older) watch our area like a hawk. They will tell you if a service van turned around in your driveway while you were out or text to let you know a package delivery guy left something on your porch. Depending on who saw what, I hope (without holding my breath) that police could have more than we think. If someone did report something nefarious, that could put the tipster at risk, they wouldn't be among the people giving news interviews. They'd be laying low and trying to stay off the radar of anyone they turned in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dark spaces