Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally asking people to let them know if they saw any suspicious person or vehicle in the area when she went missing, and asking people to look out for specific changes in people they know that have occurred since the date of her disappearance.

I’m so angry and frustrated that this took almost 4 weeks to do.

My guess is that her family knows exactly what type lenses she wears and if she wore overnight lenses they would not have mentioned her lenses being left behind. JMO.
Do they still prescribe those? My sister wore those 30 years ago. My lenses can be slept in but my eye doc frowns on it and does not recommend it.

I have worn gas permeable lenses since I was in high school (over 25 years now...!) I have severe myopia (legally blind w/o correction) and soft contacts won't correct my vision to the extent that rigid gas permeable do. They get me to almost 20/20.

Gas perms are not meant to be slept in as there is a high risk of irritating/scratching the cornea.

Live update of PC on HLN:
  • credit to Mollie
  • Defending LE
  • Thank you to community
  • May be stranger - do you recognize off behavior
  • You may be in position to recognize this change
  • Please contact us : change in normal routine; vehicle taken to repair, sold, or disposed; couldn't reach on 7/18-19; change in appearance; changes in sleep and drug/alcohol use; change in interest in media, news.
  • Please do not make your own judgment on importance - call anything in -- will respect your privacy
break in coverage....

Asked the public to notify them if anyone they know exhibited the following changes:

change in normal routine (missing school, work or routine engagements)
vehicle unexpectedly in for repairs or sold unexpectedly
unexpected cleaning of a vehicle
unexplained ability to get into contact with someone you knew
altering appearance (facial hair, hair color, or other change in appearance)
change in stress level
irritability
changes in consumption of alcohol or drugs
changes of sleep patterns
anyone paying unusual close attention to investigation
unwillingness to discuss investigation at all

It looks like when there is no prior announcement of a press conference... that is when we will find out more information. They are nearing the point of jumping the shark on pressers.

Need to either have one and give new information... or don't schedule one until you do.

This is not doing much good. Too far removed for people to remember or notice.

I am at a conference (with mostly LE and investigators) so can't step out to watch.

I've been thinking about Mollie all day and really hoping for info today. By the sounds of what has been summarized, they are asking for info they should have asked for day 1. I had hoped not asking meant they had someone in mind. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member