Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they checked the hardware stove vandalism for DNA, blood or hair? Was it a broken window? did they find an object that was used in this vandalism?

could the window have been broken in an accident? could the window have been broken in an altercation or by a vehicle or projectile?

MOO

It is really sad and frightening to know that a person can just disappear and not be found. Also, Missy Bevers' perp, was on camera and so far there have been no arrests made in her case. It is so sad. You hear it all the time across the world, that people witness things and they do not come forward because of fear. I am rambling sorry.

iirc the first guy said to try and remember who (an unfamiliar person) was seen around town the day before also.
Could be someone that was visiting a relative or friend and left the next day. With Mollie.

It sounds like they don’t have any leads and are desperate right now for the public to help. Did anyone else get that sense, too?
I wish they could arrange a team to go door to door knocking in that county asking people where they were on that date and if they noticed anyone behaving unusual.

I am starting to believe MT was abducted by a stranger that was stalking her. I was firmly in the camp of the perp being someone she knows but with this recent PC with LE asking public to examine their whereabouts on those two dates and the whereabouts of their family & friends leads me to believe they think the perp could be a serial abducter...

It would be great if someone could get a guy like Payne Lindsay (covered Tara Grinstead case in the town via popular podcast “Up and Vanished”) to interview neighbors and people. Maybe we should all encourage him to go to Iowa and do the same for MT????

Last edited:
I can't thank Sharonneedles enough. Looking at the maps on the findmollie site ...his videos have given me a real idea of the places on that map. Now shouldn't we sleuth were they are asking for tips?

I think that LE made a huge mistake early on, by not making the public aware of the things they mentioned today. If they had come out initially, and told the public to be aware of fresh injuries, vehicle damage, behavioral changes, and a change in appearance, this would have increased the likelihood of more people calling in to report people who have exhibited these things.

Over three weeks have now passed, and people may not remember certain things, especially fresh injuries that a person has observed in regards to someone else.

I chalked up lack of comment by LE early on, as evidence that they had something solid to work with. I was clearly wrong, and am disturbed greatly by this apparent oversight.

Last edited:
I feel the same way. I assumed when they called off the local search that they had something. They were silent for so long that I did not think that they really needed any help from the community. It wasn't until July 30th that I had the FBI knocking on my door asking if I saw her on the 18th or saw anything suspicious that night because we live on her jogging route.

WELCOME Habbit3, it's great to have a very "local" here. When LE interviewed you, did they mention a specific time, or just "the evening" ? Thanks!

I looked the right two dots up on Google Maps. Top right is by the creek and a field (corn?), and bottom right is by what looks like a farm. You can't take the yellow man walking down those roads though.
If you can switch to the satellite view that can sometimes be helpful.

That just says to me they're grasping at the same straws sleuthers are, the chances of someone hitting her and deciding to take the body with them are smaller than someone she knew misinterpreting her feelings for them and her getting hijacked to an unknown location while he tries to make her like him.

No, they're not grasping at the same straws. They are the trained investigators from more than 1 agency, who have M.T's actual data and have conducted interviews, and have been combing through her computer and other digital evidence, and following leads and tips and working the case along with other experts. They have information they are not sharing (all investigators have more info and data than the public).

Contrast that with members of the public who watch a few crimes dramas on that there TeeVee and think they are "working the case" by making up creative scenarios and passing around rumors.

Just my personal observance. When I heard she was a runner and I saw the video of her at the gym, she looks like she has good powerful legs.
I just visited the website that was mentioned at the PC, and one of the things that they mention to notice any changes to, stands out to me:
"Unexplained injuries"
What could POSSIBLY cause a kidnapper to sustain injury? Does this indicate that there WAS a struggle at the house? B/c I can see MT definitely putting up a fight if she's taken against her will.
Also on a lighter note, the last point on the list says you should report if you notice:
"Interest in the status of the investigation, including close attention to media coverage or an unwillingness to discuss the investigation."
Guess some of us here are suspects :)

I wish her dad would make an account and come talk to us. It would probably be better than these disappointments from the people in charge.

I would not like to see him involved with any online sleuthing forum. He's heartbroken, probably not sleeping and needs to find a little bit of normalcy in his life. The poor man is hurting enough. And I doubt he's going to say anything more than he's already said to the public. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1