Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed the whole thing but catching snatches here. The public isn't at risk bc whoever did it won't be back too soon. They are not going to take that chance. My 2nd theory is blown; they would have cracked the guy before now. Back to #1, as unlikely as it seems: SK. Right in her driveway/house. My god, this is *terrible*. The chances are so freakin' slim. This is devastating. If anyone can post the PC that'd be helpful.

Finally,

This press conference isn’t about us. It isn’t about feeding our curiousity. Be angry if you want, but they don’t need us nobodies helping. I know I will get pooped on for that, but we are not privy to information. And personally as of now, I don’t believe we can help. Only those local of a certain range. I think LE is doing what they can. Sadly they can’t do enough and won’t be able to... I feel sad.

I am at a conference (with mostly LE and investigators) so can't step out to watch.

I've been thinking about Mollie all day and really hoping for info today. By the sounds of what has been summarized, they are asking for info they should have asked for day 1. I had hoped not asking meant they had someone in mind. :(

Exactly--I've been rattling off that list at intervals, and wondering WHY, WHY they weren't letting people hear it. (The kind of people who don't lock their doors when they leave the house are NOT the kind of people who have that list memorized.

And, like you, I hoped that their not giving people a list of what to look for meant that they had a suspect. Or that they.....better not say it.

I have felt all along that this is a hit and run. It even crossed my mind a deliberate hit and run. It is the only scenario that fits. It would explain her being disabled from shooting a phone call off. I told my husband in the beginning they need to search every garage in that area. I am sure some people wouldn’t comply but the majority of citizens would self volunteer. I would also walk the shoulder/ditchline for every road in that county and town looking for evidence.

They made a big deal and effort into mentioning the website they created with information about Mollie. A lot of times in these cases the perpetrator follows the case closely, and part of me thinks them creating the website is a way to see who is following the case and possibly identify a perp. A lot easier to see who’s following a case that way than get warrants for the endless amounts of news sites, WS, etc
Good luck with that. I uploaded those videos via YouTube yesterday, unlisted and unsearchable unless someone gives you a link. I got EIGHT THOUSAND VIEWS. They’re going to get eight million hits in the first 24 hours.

I really think more came out of this than you guys are giving credit for. I haven't been a believer in the Accidental Hit and Run theory, but:

• Asking about people with unexplained damage to their vehicle
  • Asking about people that unexpectedly cleaned their vehicle
  • Wanting more information about who was at that car wash that night
  • Being confident the public isn't in danger
Doesn't all of that point to an accidental hit and run and the person panicking and disposing of her body?

That just says to me they're grasping at the same straws sleuthers are, the chances of someone hitting her and deciding to take the body with them are smaller than someone she knew misinterpreting her feelings for them and her getting hijacked to an unknown location while he tries to make her like him.

Moooo (and arrgggg)

Totally expected. No LE agency releases much of anything, nor will they ever.

People sitting at home across the country who are not from the area and do not know anyone who's ever been to that area can't help except to donate to local search & rescue causes. That's the reality of cases. It takes an actual witness or a family member or friend of the perp(s) -or- the finding of a body or remains or forensic evidence -or- a confession by someone involved.

Outside of that, there's nothing to be done that isn't already being done.

Why the outrage at LE not saying these things before? Do people really not have enough common sense to know that they need to report something if they saw something suspicious? It's right up there with someone not knowing they need to lock their doors to increase their safety.

Can anyone - local or otherwise - give any updates on the searches being conducted? Has every nook and cranny of Poweshiek county been searched? Are they searching neighboring counties? Are they still asking for volunteers to assist? Just curious...

So I'm assuming LE believes MT was taken out of the city of Brooklyn sometime before 10pm, South on v18 right past Dunkin Donuts and TA truck stop, then East on 430th Ave. I have no idea what the marker to the East of Brooklyn, near the intersection of 385th ave and 200th st would be??

Although the filtered press conference was to be expected, the interactive map LE have provided is interesting.

Truck stop, car wash, and 385th avenue are possible areas where her FitBit/iPhone data traveled through.

She must have ran through the town past the car wash heading west on East 2nd street which eventually turns to US-6.

Then she turns right on 385th avenue, which I am guessing was final stretch of her run on the way back to the bf's house on W. Des Moines St.

The FitBit/iPhone data must have left a trace near here, perhaps on the way to Guersney and onward. Could be a truck driver or the perp just drove past here.
The issue is we've also heard she made it home, so until they're willing to state that yes she made it home and was working late on her computer, or no she was abducted during her run, there's nowhere to go. Knowing her running route is only helpful to those who live there who perchance might remember something they saw on the July 18th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member