Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was stalked and the perp was committed to the state hospital. I did not pay much attention to him until a friend of mine who is a psychologist advised I was in much more danger than I realized. Please report this guy to the authorities immediately; trust me, you are at risk. Putting cards on windshields, following, knowledge of personal details is all consistent with stalking.

I concur. I was stalked. Live a half life now. Be pro-active. Don't let yourself fall prey to a stalker. It will set you on a life course you wish you could change every moment of every day.

These are some of the highlighted points:
*Law enforcement is asking anyone in the area of the D & M Car Wash on the evening of July 18th to contact us via the tip page

* Law enforcement is asking anyone in this area of 385th Avenue on the evening of July 18th to contact us via the tip page HERE.

* Law enforcement is asking anyone in the area of the TA Truck Stop on the evening of July 18th to contact us via the tip page HERE

Two of the pink highlights are not working for me.

These are some of the highlighted points:
*Law enforcement is asking anyone in the area of the D & M Car Wash on the evening of July 18th to contact us via the tip page

* Law enforcement is asking anyone in this area of 385th Avenue on the evening of July 18th to contact us via the tip page HERE.

* Law enforcement is asking anyone in the area of the TA Truck Stop on the evening of July 18th to contact us via the tip page HERE

Two of the pink highlights are not working for me.

People let’s look at the two red dots to the right on the map LE just provided. These are new points of interest.

Plus they gave us a better timeline 5pm-10pm.

Https://findingmollie.iowa.gov

So looks like there was info at the presser? (I just got out of trial and missed the whole thing.)

Anything interesting? Does anyone have new thoughts based on the presser? Thanks in advance! I look forward to hearing what everyone thinks.

This was my thought exactly. My husband works in information security...so, a “hacker,” but in the ethical sense. At the bottom of the new website, you can register your email to be notified of developments. Because they obviously have information they aren’t revealing, is the “sign up for developments” a tool based on recommendation of a profiler? They may know far more than they’re letting on. The PC felt very calculated and careful. Fingers crossed!

I think it's harder these days to pin down internet usage to a certain demographic, but any perp who has a daughter or a girlfriend in late teens to early 20s would probably be the target demographic we'd automatically consider the internet demographic.

I think the website is a great idea! I hope it helps and that it will be used in a lot more cases going forward!

I haven't looked at the website yet, because I'm not in the US and I don't want to overload their servers (assuming it's accessible outside the US?). But I think the internet is an underutilized area of information-gathering for LE and that's going to have to change in future. I hope this will be emulated and developed by other forces and that it will lead to more cases being solved.

I really think more came out of this than you guys are giving credit for. I haven't been a believer in the Accidental Hit and Run theory, but:

• Asking about people with unexplained damage to their vehicle
  • Asking about people that unexpectedly cleaned their vehicle
  • Wanting more information about who was at that car wash that night
  • Being confident the public isn't in danger
Doesn't all of that point to an accidental hit and run and the person panicking and disposing of her body?
That was one of my first theories, and I haven't ruled it out. Someone driving w/out a valid license, stolen car, drunk driving, speeding & couldn't stop, etc., etc.

It happened here in Raleigh & the case is still unsolved -- it was on I-40, so it was likely that the driver wasn't from the area.

I did and thought it was odd. Then I considered how he said it...within county and abroad. That could mean outside of the country imp
I don't know if anyone clarified that yet and I would like to know too! He didn't mean overseas, did he?

How can LE possibly tell the public what to look out for in this case? LE aren't our nannys. Adults in Brooklyn need to engage in common sense measures to help ensure the safety of themselves and their families and these measures should continue because they really have nothing to do with Mollie. Lock doors, run in pairs, etc. It is a myth that violence only happens in large cities.
By telling the public what to look out for, injuries, behavioral changes, they can generate tips from people who perhaps hadn’t considered these things. It has nothing to do with them being “nanny’s.”

Absolutely. I was just pointing out that if someone was able to kidnap her while jogging, we’d potentially have the same scant details that we currently have.
I see, yeah. Boy that would be some luck, right? Which leads me to a pre-planned abduction. To what end, though. Now I'm more considering motive.

They need to get the IRS involved. If you owe the govt. $3, there’s not a place on earth you can hide.

LOL! As an accountant, I know that is not true. You’d be amazed at the number of new clients I bring on who haven’t paid a dime of taxes in years. Or worse, they withhold payroll taxes from employees and then don’t remit the taxes (their share or the employee’s withholding) to the govt... for years! Then they hire me to try and fix it before they are caught.

<modsnipped quote>

What is this about? Website won’t open for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a link for that information? You can message me the link. I don’t want to discuss the McStay case on Molly’s thread. I have followed that case for years and have never come across any MSM articles with that particular info. TIA
oh Lord . I'm at work, and this was years ago when I followed the case.
My point was that they don't always disclose everything to the public ...and I definitely stand by that statement.
cheers

I have NEVER seen a town with nobody outside. Nobody shopping, driving, playing, walking. It was like a Stephen King town. All the residents gone! I think I saw half a dozen humans on that 5 video drive.

I was struck by that too. I wanted to believe the ride was done so early in the day and folks were at work, etc. and Mollie's run was after dinner time - when folks might be more inclined to be outside or running errands.

I couldn't help but wonder why local commissioners or mayor /council could have missed the need for cameras in their town because they are so close to I80 and Hwy 6 and too few townies are out and about.

Could it be they are hunkered down inside BECAUSE of Mollie's disappearance?

I feel like this PC was the ultimate in admitting they were really no closer in knowing what happened. They seem to be still including all options. Nothing ruled out. Maybe WC. And the fit bit. Wherever that poor thing is, it is long drained of location-giving abilities. Maybe they even found that, but nothing else.
I disagree. I think the entire point of the PC is to publicize the reward is now quite substantial and still growing. A reward can be quite an incentive when someone wants out of an abusive relationship and to start over.

I see, yeah. Boy that would be some luck, right? Which leads me to a pre-planned abduction. To what end, though. Now I'm more considering motive.
It would require luck, but it wouldn’t be the first time a perp has gotten lucky. I still think that this crime had an element of planning, but the door is still open to the less likely possibility that this was simply a crime of opportunity. Motive wise, I absolutely think that sexual is the most likely.

Yeah asking people to remember someone taking their car for a wash a MONTH later is a bit ridiculous. I guess they can weed through everyone who reports their brother getting a car wash sometime in July but really who is going to remember specific dates or someone else's car wash a month after the fact???

So we have locations? Is some rock star sleuther making a new map?

I certainly would not remember. But people in their 20'ss might. Or if they saw something in retrospect that seems weird.

Memory is odd. Elizabeth Smart's sister ID'd her sister's kidnapper 9 months later. She suddenly remembered the man that had been to their house and that he was the kidnapper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000