Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t get it out of my head the possible relation to Delphi Indiana and the girls case unsolved there.
When the girls in Indiana came up missing and later found, I attempted to make a link of commonalities between Indiana and Where Lyric and Elizabeth were abducted and taken from.
Now, I have a gut instinct driving me batty insisting this is a truck driver, who hauls or goes to farms ( can’t put my finger on exact career),
But, between Mollie, Lyric and Elizabeth, Libby and Abby and also may be included, Jake Wilson there are animal farms and or slaughter houses near and the only connection I can think of
All JMO.
You’re on my brainwave. I completely feel this connection.

I thought the same. Talking to your dad for three hours when everything is great in your life (and his?) ... Not impossible, but certainly not typical ... Think this will end up like the Maura Murray story, where at first the missing person is described as near-perfect in every way, and then later information leaks out and the public learns about serious problems going on behind the scenes?

I hope that's not what is going on.

I posted an article earlier and Dad explained, they were used to having long conversations, weekly, because that's how he co-parented from a distance/California and how he kept up his relationship/bond with his 3 children after the divorce. He didn't talk to them every day but when he did connect with them, it was a meaningful conversation.

I didn't find it odd after I read the article and I am using my own words to explain it, not quoting him at all.

Is it possible that the areas on the map are areas that LE believe the POI traveled (w/ MT) in his vehicle based off her cell or Fitbit records? I don't know how accurately they "ping" or whatever. Maybe they know that the POI traveled in the general area towards Guernsey (which would explain all of the searches out there) but they don't know exactly which route was taken out of town.

Looking at the map it appears they could have left Brooklyn to head towards Guernsey by V18 which passes the TA truck stop. This looks to be a big intersection with the potential for possible witnesses.

It also seems as if 385th St is another way out of Brooklyn (if she was abducted near moms house). Both areas of interest on the right of the map appear to run down V21 or 200th St. Maybe they have reason to believe the POI travelled down V21?

I am not from this area so I am totally speculating as we all are. Wish we had gotten more info today...

I admit that I just skimmed a lot of the last few pages because most seemed to be on pretty much the same subjects, so I apologize again if someone just said this and I missed it. I've been wondering if some specific vehicle was seen/caught on video at, or near, the places marked on that map and at least one during the time period they believe she would have been close by there. For example, someone by the car wash saw a strange red pickup at 10:00, and a similar red pickup was on video from the truck stop at 8:00, and maybe one was seen or videoed by a home camera on 385th around 8:15, there's a good possibility that they were all the same truck. If other people may have seen it, they might have some idea which direction it went when leaving that point. There's also a possibility that someone may have gotten a look at the driver, or seen a passenger who wasn't there in one of the earlier sightings, etc.

Of course, there's also the possibility that some of those areas are just places that MT's "technical information" shows that she stopped at least temporarily (or even just corners where she turned?) Whatever the reason is, I do think that those spots have some significance, and I hope the perp is cocky enough to send in a false tip which eventually leads them to him. MOO

BBM I don't think that's fair. There was extensive conversation over these threads about people not locking their doors in rural communities. It's unheard of where I live but I wouldn't presume someone isn't equipped for life if they don't lock their door or go up to a car, for example to help someone asking for directions. Again - something I wouldn't do - I stay back and yell the directions.

As for women who run alone and something happens, your comment sounds to me like victim blaming.

Moooo

Well said. My husband once gave a ride to a guy who claimed to have locked his keys in his car and needed a ride to get his spare keys. He quickly discovered the guy just needed a ride to buy crack. I was so angry with my husband for not using "common sense" and made him feel horrible after what was already a traumatic experience. I am skeptical by nature and my life and work experiences have made me more so. He grew up in an area that, as he puts it, when someone says they need a ride to get spare keys, they are being honest. He had recently moved across the country with me and was in a less familiar area.

He always sees the best in everyone, is very kind and empathetic by nature, which can lead to victimization but is not the same as being inequipped for life. While I think we all can benefit from being aware and mindful of risks, ones kindness and genuineness should never be blamed for foul play. That may have caused them to be a target by a sleazeball but does not make them responsible or ill equipped for life. Moo.

I am honestly shocked. I really thought they would have found something after all the looking into her computer, SM, etc. This makes me think that it was either a complete stranger or someone she only vaguely knew, like from high school.

I still think they know more.. I'd probably still go as far to say that they have a good idea who but need to find Mollie to prove it.

I didn't get to watch the press conference live, but I just finished watching a 15 minute recording on Fox News. We still didn't get much in the way of detail, but I have to say I'm more impressed with this PC than all the previous ones combined. For the first time I've heard DETAILS on what the public should be aware of regarding changes in behavior. That was good. Then there is the 2nd agent who came up and answered questions. I would not be surprised if I got a transcript of his answers and they weren't much different than a similar question in a previous PC. The difference was his demeanor, his air of confidence, of being "In Charge".

When you're on board a Navy ship and in a serious situation and the captain appears lost or indecisive, the effect on crew around him or her is immediate and devastating. OTH, if the captain is decisive, keeps their cool - i.e., demonstrates confidence in him/her AND the crew around them - that is effective leadership.

Strictly my opinion or viewpoint, but I stepped away from this PC with a much feeling that SOMEONE is in CHARGE! I believe that was lacking in the previous PC's.

After viewing sharonneedles videos, I'm in line with MrTs opinion about looking for a Truck or someone who bought a lot of beer or alcohol that night or within the days before. The only trucks I can imagine going through there are grain trucks. The town had a fairly large grain elevator. sharonneedles can correct that assumption if I'm wrong but that's what it looked like. As to the alcohol, I'm thinking two or three guys getting out of control with it, see her walking by, and snatch her or convince her to come in for a drink and then they get out of hand. Given the layout in the videos and lack of general human population, this is, to me, the most likely. The third most likely is someone stealing her from the vantage point of the co-op.

They are at a dead end with gathering enough evidence to make an arrest on their suspect/suspects ?
They are at a dead end now, but not at the beginning. Had they been at a dead end from the beginning, they would have provided the media with their list. This is what I am trying to reason out. Did they have a suspect at the beginning with such certitude that they felt no need to request the public at large not look for the items on their list?

I disagree. I think the entire point of the PC is to publicize the reward is now quite substantial and still growing. A reward can be quite an incentive when someone wants out of an abusive relationship and to start over.

Being I am retired LE staff, I staunchly defend LE's investigative efforts. It IS frustrating to them, as well as the public.
At today's presser, I will admit I was very disappointed, that the investigation is not apparently closer to being resolved.

With the recent postponements, of the pressers I held out hope for closure.
It didn't happen. But blame or criticism is not warranted of LE'S efforts.

LE is unrelenting. I have been involved in criminal investigations, that took years to solve.

In one instance, our police chief was physically affected, by the inability to solve a homicide case. It eventually led to a fatal heart attack, as his health deteriorated over the years of frustration. It took over 15 years to arrest the suspect, achieve guilty verdict, and having a life sentence imposed.

LE are humans, too. They have emotions, like everyone else. They will be taking this case personally, too.

I know what they are experiencing, and it's been about, three VERY LONG weeks or so. But it now appears that it MAY take a considerably longer period of time.

So the reward continues to grow. Is it still for the “safe return” of mollie? I’m not feeling they think she’s alive after today’s presser.

It's still for the safe return which is the incentive to talk to LE now rather than later.

One cannot run to their phones and call the police, every time someone cleans their car, gets a haircut, fixes a tire, has insomnia, or changes their schedules!! These are all perfectly normal behaviors.

IF someone goes missing I think folks have a moral obligation to report anything out of the norm and I respectfully disagree with you. Taking your specifics one by one. The most blatant having insomnia is never normal. If someone cleans their vehicle, especially if they normally don't, I think it should be reported. You just never know. There have been several cases where friends were called in to help others dispose of a body. If a person alters their appearance just after someone vanishes - in this case, mid July - I can definitely see a reason to report it if that person has been in or could have been in Brooklyn IA on July 18th. Usually men change their appearance seasonally - start of hot weather they shave their beards or get buzz haircuts. If they suddenly decide out of the blue to go with a goatee or just a mustache or decide to dye to their hair or shave their head I think it is worth a look. May be nothing - but let LE at least see if that is a puzzle piece that fits.

Fix a tire - if the person tells you he fixed a tire and that was why he wasn't w
If she left from a truck stop, billboards should have been up in nearby states early. I keep saying this!

I don't think we even need billboards. We just need the information to appear on the HWY message boards imo. They are not on the side of the road and folks have to ride directly under them. They would be more cost effective and quicker to get the message up than a billboard. And at this point-4 weeks later- I think the moment to use either is past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member