Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be hard for people to recognize signs in someone who they would never suspect of anything. Many of these perps lead double lives and never let on to the monster that lies within. Just look at the Golden State Killer case.

Since the PC, this thread is moving so fast that I am not sure if someone else has stated this observation. If so, I apologize for the repeat. I just noticed on the new website this statement: "A large reward is being offered for information leading to the recovery of Mollie." They used to say "for the safe return of Mollie". This just made me unbelievably sad and disheartened. :(
BUMP!!!!

If they had a vehicle in mind...they would release that much, or I should say, LE certainly has in other cases. No point in just hoping LE will come across it on their own. I really think those who think they are fishing for info on a specfic perp are reaching, but jmo. They still don’t seem to have any idea of whaf happened, other probably concluding, like most here, that an abduction took place while she was jogging. Jmo

Hope the web designer isn’t the IT forensics investigator.
Wonder what info they are collecting from the website? Did anyone read the fine print for the site? Could be a techno marvel for tracking which could bring positive results! Maybe the reason we can't open up the last 2 data points is because they want you to hit those spots so many times that your ip is registered again and again!

Being I am retired LE staff, I staunchly defend LE's investigative efforts. It IS frustrating to them, as well as the public.
At today's presser, I will admit I was very disappointed, that the investigation is not apparently closer to being resolved.

With the recent postponements, of the pressers I held out hope for closure.
It didn't happen. But blame or criticism is not warranted of LE'S efforts.

LE is unrelenting. I have been involved in criminal investigations, that took years to solve.

In one instance, our police chief was physically affected, by the inability to solve a homicide case. It eventually led to a fatal heart attack, as his health deteriorated over the years of frustration. It took over 15 years to arrest the suspect, achieve guilty verdict, and having a life sentence imposed.

LE are humans, too. They have emotions, like everyone else. They will be taking this case personally, too.

I know what they are experiencing, and it's been about, three VERY LONG weeks or so. But it now appears that it MAY take a considerably longer period of time.
I completely agree with your sentiments here, and I don’t question their ability or resolve. I did however, criticize LE for only now releasing that list of things that people should be on the lookout for in relation to behavioral and physical changes. Do you think they should have mentioned these things at an earlier point? And why are they just doing it now, as opposed to earlier, when things like injuries would have been more apparent?

This video is from the first page. Would someone watch in slow motion and zoom in and tell me if those back windows are tinted, painted or have drapes on them. The time is between 2:49 and 3:18 Is this what is called an extended cab when talking about a truck like this? thank you in advance
I can't tell but I get where you're going with this.

Being I am retired LE staff, I staunchly defend LE's investigative efforts. It IS frustrating to them, as well as the public.
At today's presser, I will admit I was very disappointed, that the investigation is not apparently closer to being resolved.

With the recent postponements, of the pressers I held out hope for closure.
It didn't happen. But blame or criticism is not warranted of LE'S efforts.

LE is unrelenting. I have been involved in criminal investigations, that took years to solve.

In one instance, our police chief was physically affected, by the inability to solve a homicide case. It eventually led to a fatal heart attack, as his health deteriorated over the years of frustration. It took over 15 years to arrest the suspect, achieve guilty verdict, and having a life sentence imposed.

LE are humans, too. They have emotions, like everyone else. They will be taking this case personally, too.

I know what they are experiencing, and it's been about, three VERY LONG weeks or so. But it now appears that it MAY take a considerably longer period of time.

My post in no way criticized LE and their handling of this case nor did I criticize LE's news conference.

Was the body removed in that case? It can't be totally ruled out, I suppose, but I really have trouble believing that a hit-and-run driver would bother to pick up the body, rather than just get the hell out of Dodge. And this driver managed to not leave any evidence behind?

My problem with a hit and run accident is most people who get into car accidents are not psychopaths. Most people will stop and report the accident. People who leave the scene often turn themselves in. It takes a big jump to go from accidentally hitting a pedestrian to hiding her body for three weeks while she's on the national news every night. I don't think this is something even an average common criminal could handle.

Strictly my opinion or viewpoint, but I stepped away from this PC with a much feeling that SOMEONE is in CHARGE! I believe that was lacking in the previous PC's.
Agree. Glad the DCI Spokesman was retired for this event. They are looking for something very specific to come from this latest exercise in tracking the breadcrumbs IMO. Just trying to figure out exactly what that might be.

I completely agree with your sentiments here. I did however, criticize LE for only now releasing that list of things that people should be on the lookout for in relation to behavioral and physical changes. Do you think they should have mentioned these things at an earlier point? And why are they just doing it now, as opposed to earlier, when things like injuries would have been more apparent?
Exactly. And the reason for putting off the two PCs was.....?

One small detail I noticed during the PC - when he was talking about "changes" in peoples habits - he talked about alcohol, drugs...and then a "pause"...and said cigarettes. Maybe he lost his "train of thought" - or wanted to make sure the word cigarettes was more noticeable. Could they have found a cigarette "butt" but can't get DNA from it (rain, etc?). I know when I am stressed or nervous about something my consumption goes up higher than on a normal day. And yes, I know smoking is bad. :)

IMO, LE knows the timeline, i.e., the when and where of MT and/or her digital footprints the evening of July 18th, and that's the sum total of what they know right now. If someone had witnessed her being hit by a vehicle, I think LE would have released a general description of the vehicle. JMO. I did not hear them say they think she may be injured. I am flummoxed that they said that they "don't feel the public is at risk per se."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member