Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very simple page.... I don't even do computer programing, nor build websites, yet this is so basic it's sad. If there is a tracking unit on that page, it's not included in the code.

I don't think I've seen a .gov site recreated by officials in a missing person case. Any one else??

There's this one, that I know of:
SARA NICOLE GRAHAM

Maybe the two dots we can't open are on purpose for some reason. Maybe the perp knows why and LE is watching him to get a response. idk.....drawing at straws maybe.

I hope the person setting up the website wasn't the same person hired to investigate MT's electronic footprint. Why? Because they map links don't work properly.

I’d like the IT guys (his name starts with S) opinion on the website put up today.

Https://findingmollie.iowa.gov

I'm not the IT guy, but I'm surprised it's being called "amateurish".

I think it's low-bandwidth, in the hope of getting a lot of views and not overloading the servers.

I think it's a case of everything is there that needs to be, but nothing there that doesn't need to be there. I find it more minimalist than amateurish.

It is odd that the two close-up images are missing their png but I don't find it suspiciously odd.

I'm not particularly enamored with the form design on the user end. That would be the only part I really think looks amateurish. But overall I would say it's more function than form.

I would say that it appears that every single word has been carefully chosen to evoke a response.

we must consider the possibility that foul play is involved
Individuals who commit violent crimes
unknowingly be associated with the offender

I think the site is not just for the public, it's also for someone close to the perp, and there's extra candy for the perp.

If it was a hit and run, why not just leave her lying there rather then loading her up in a vehicle and taking the chance of being stopped/caught with her body in the car/truck? Or even taking the chance of someone seeing you loading her up? The only other thing I can think of if she was hit, is that she was still alive and recognized the person who hit her. Then they wouldn't be able to leave her there. That would be especially tragic if she was alive and the person didn't call for help because they were more concerned about getting a DUI or whatever.
If this were a hit and run I believe the investigation would be going a completely different direction. Based on everything we have learned so far in this case, I do not think LE has any evidence pointing towards a hit and run. It just doesn't make any sense.

bbm

The interactive map on the website appears to be a work in progress as I can't bring up anything on 2 of the sites.

https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

Interesting that LE has pinpointed some areas on the day of Mollie's disappearance. Makes me wonder what LE has in those areas already. Better still if the person responsible for Mollie's disappearance is looking at that page, THEY REALLY have to be wondering what LE has and how they got to this point!

Yo! Dirtbag! You, the one responsible for this! Getting nervous yet? :eek:

I believe the locations marked on the new website indicate points of interest along MT's July 18th running/jogging route (as determined by LE based on MT's iPhone location data and eyewitnesses), with maybe LE's idea of a perp vehicle route mixed in.

I also believe this far out from the event, the perp isn't feeling so much heat unless the perp did alter their routine/appearance/demeanor or meticulously clean a vehicle post-event.

Maybe a rental vehicle? Has LE checked vehicle rentals within 100-mile radius?

Thinking again, it could very well have been some teens/young adults drinking/getting high and driving. Pulled out from one of the lots in the area of 385th, route 6. Weren't thinking clearly or felt they had a lot to lose, major cover-up. Their family & friends might suspect but are in denial. I would also suggest racing, but surely there would be lots of noise with that.

Last edited:
I'm not the IT guy, but I'm surprised it's being called "amateurish".

I think it's low-bandwidth, in the hope of getting a lot of views and not overloading the servers.

I think it's a case of everything is there that needs to be, but nothing there that doesn't need to be there. I find it more minimalist than amateurish.

It is odd that the two close-up images are missing their png but I don't find it suspiciously odd.

I'm not particularly enamored with the form design on the user end. That would be the only part I really think looks amateurish. But overall I would say it's more function than form.

I would say that it appears that every single word has been carefully chosen to evoke a response.

we must consider the possibility that foul play is involved
Individuals who commit violent crimes
unknowingly be associated with the offender

I think the site is not just for the public, it's also for someone close to the perp, and there's extra candy for the perp.

ITA. I think LE's focus is on the southern "dot" and they are trying to pinpoint the route her abductor took to reach it. I think the extra candy is for someone who knows the perp very well.

Very simple page.... I don't even do computer programing, nor build websites, yet this is so basic it's sad. If there is a tracking unit on that page, it's not included in the code.

I don't think I've seen a .gov site recreated by officials in a missing person case. Any one else??

"Tracking" code need not be included in page (client-side) or back-end (server side) code. The server's IP connection logs processed by filter and pattern-detection software is all that's necessary.

It is a bit odd though. The above example is an FBI site and clearly more modern and professional looking. The one setup in this case says it is a Iowa.gov site but seems to be completely separate from Iowa's actual site here?: Iowa.gov As with the FBI one you linked, it looks far more modern and fit for purpose.

If this were a hit and run I believe the investigation would be going a completely different direction. Based on everything we have learned so far in this case, I do not think LE has any evidence pointing towards a hit and run. It just doesn't make any sense.

I guess what might make sense is she was hit by a car on purpose to subdue her. Just a theory to think about. That has actually happened in other confirmed cases where innocents were subdued in this manner. Don’t know if that’s what happened here, but it is a sinister possibility.

If it were a hit and run it would have to be in a remote area, one of those non working “dots” on the map, perhaps?

In town there are at least 2 cameras in the area of the car wash and NAPA building.

I’m confident the law has a good lead.

Whoever is responsible has to be feeling the heat.

It is a bit odd though. The above example is an FBI site and clearly more modern and professional looking. The one setup in this case says it is a Iowa.gov site but seems to be completely separate from Iowa's actual site here?: Iowa.gov As with the FBI one you linked, it looks far more modern and fit for purpose.

I know... it’s not well polished at all, but I think it is a step in the right direction. I wish a map like that could be provided by investigators trying to find out info on other cases. It might be unpolished and a work in progress, and, on the other hand, it could be a game changer.

I guess what might make sense is she was hit by a car on purpose to subdue her. Just a theory to think about. That has actually happened in other confirmed cases where innocents were subdued in this manner. Don’t know if that’s what happened here, but it is a sinister possibility.
A good possibility considering it has happened several times previously with young women on bicycles.

"Tracking" code need not be included in page (client-side) or back-end (server side) code. The server's IP connection logs processed by filter and pattern-detection software is all that's necessary.

Yay, a techie! I'm trying to map the exact areas for area2 and area4--this is from the site:

<map name="tibbetts">
<area id="area1" shape="circle" coords="344,187,22" alt="" >
<area id="area2" shape="circle" coords="494,157,22" alt="" >
<area id="area3" shape="circle" coords="385,297,22" alt="" >
<area id="area4" shape="circle" coords="505,377,22" alt="" >
<area id="area5" shape="circle" coords="385,197,22" alt="" >
</map>

Can you decipher these so they can be mapped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member