Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plain and simple:

*Radar online is not an acceptable source

*Do not quote antagonistic posts- it perpetuates the problem and creates more work for mods

*Stay on topic=Mollie Tibbetts

*Continuing to derail the thread will result in the loss of posting privileges.

High Volume on Tibbetts Website Prompts State to Add Additional Server
High Volume on Tibbetts Website Prompts State to Add Additional Sever

According to the article, 1,500 tips have come in. Hopefully, some of those will provide viable leads.
LE seems to be dutifully pursuing tips/leads. They have M.E.'s electronic data and the timeline. I hope there is a development soon. I still have a terrible feeling M.E. will be found during harvest season, sadly.

According to the article, 1,500 tips have come in. Hopefully, some of those will provide viable leads.
LE seems to be dutifully pursuing tips/leads. They have M.E.'s electronic data and the timeline. I hope there is a development soon. I still have a terrible feeling M.E. will be found during harvest season, sadly.

The Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation and Crimes Stoppers of Central Iowa says it is unaware of any missing person cases that have been solved involving a reward pool. :(

I don't but I could be wrong. It just seems to me the smell would be terrible and the birds would be flying overhead and all that would call attention.

So, would an arrest in this case go through the county or is there a way it will be processed federally?

Most likely local LE will make the arrest and then once the state and federal prosecutors take a look at the case file, they'll decide what charges to bring (state or federal or state & federal) and who is going to handle the cases. Usually the department with the stronger case will prosecute first.

So, would an arrest in this case go through the county or is there a way it will be processed federally?
It depends upon the charges that are filed. Some things would be local and state level, other charges would require prosecution at the federal level.

IMO You would hope federally bc a conviction is more likely but I think the sentence might be harsher locally. haven’t done any research.

Also there’s been an underlying discussion that this might be an interstate issue which then is prosecuted federally. I guess we’ll see when we find who it is, if we ever.

I sure hope that the tips are related to the request made by investigators, and not personal theories or suggestions about how investigators might do their jobs.

Assuming that the tips are related to what locals observed on July 18 between 5-10PM, I am optimistic that they should be able to sift through the information and solve Mollie's disappearance.

Evening, everyone! I have been praying that LE received some good information based on the map highlights they released. Someone had to have seen or heard something out of the ordinary.

They've received over 200 tips so far and have had so much traffic they had to add an additional server. The Iowa Dept. of Public Safety has a team of 4 people sorting and prioritizing the tips into two categories: suggestions versus actual information that might be related to Mollie’s disappearance.

IMO You would hope federally bc a conviction is more likely but I think the sentence might be harsher locally. haven’t done any research
But the arrest warrant would still have to be processed through county? I guess I am asking if there is a way to arrest someone without it showing on the Poweshiek booking page?

At this point, even if she's still alive, she's not likely to ever be the happy, always smiling girl they all knew and loved. I would think they've considered that more with each passing day. MOO

I'm sure they have considered all the possibilities, and I'm also sure their nights are long and those thoughts are torturous. But, im also sure that having their daughter returned to them is all they are hoping for. The love for a child is truly limitless, and whatever obstacles that could possibly be put in their path would be overcome by that love. And time...
I honestly pray for their family, and that they get the chance to have MT home safely to heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487