Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case just rips at my heart. I was in Iowa visiting my mom in Grinnell for the month of July. My adult kids live in Waterloo. I drove past that Brooklyn sign that says Brooklyn 8 miles ahead almost every day as I made trips to Waterloo. I still can't remember where I was on July 18th.

So, my theory--for what it's worth which isn't much, lol

Mollie dog sitting, being alone in the house has nothing to do with this case. I believe the perp is 40-50 years old--ok maybe 35-50. I think even those that know him consider him a bit creepy and wouldn't want to leave their kids alone with him. He's married or divorced maybe grown kids or no kids, but he doesn't have young children.

I think he has committed rapes or abductions of women for many years. He's a pro.
Why did he take Mollie? I believe he decided he needed a girl. He's from the general area, within 1-2 hours at the most. He gathered what he needed (tape, rope whatever) and headed out to see what he could find. He probably cruised through a few small towns in the area. Didn't see anything interesting until he was in Brooklyn and glimpsed Mollie. The town was dead so it was the perfect scenario.

I think he followed her through her run waiting for a spot where it was perfect to take her. I'm not sure where that spot was during her run.

My guess is he made his way out to a gravel road outside of town, did what he did and dumped her somewhere within an hour of Brooklyn. Made his way home and is watching all this on the news.

I also believe the reason the FBI is involved is they too believe this is someone who has committed multiple crimes in Iowa that have been unsolved. Mollie's is the 1st with such a strong digital footprint and they are putting all their focus on locating him that way.

It will come down to someone seeing a car and reporting it. The car will be the key.
And why in the world have they not searched Rock Creek State Park?! My mom lives there and the back road through that park is creepy as can be with old dilapidated houses back there and tons of wood and brush.

Maybe I've watched too many crime shows.
Everything you said is what I have been thinking about who this person may be.

Agreed. I understand wanting to help as much as possible but sometimes that can get you in trouble- even if you did nothing wrong. I got stopped by a LE before and they thought my window breaking device was a type of weapon (for anyone who doesn't know what that is, View attachment 142278 here's a picture). Anything can look bad in the 'right' situation.
Wow. I had to do a double scroll when I saw that picture.

My theory is that a someone grabbed her while jogging and drove out of town ...would a new vehicle get noticed in that area?

Welcome, Laura456. I hope you keep sharing your thoughts. I would say you aren't alone with that theory. Either from the house or off the road, it's good to have some specifics from LE on where to focus in helping find Mollie.

Last edited:
If so, this theory takes one into a really small subset of people who had her 1) Trust 2) Knew she was alone, 3) Appeared comfortable engaging her between 9-10 at the house and 4) would not attract any attention or raise suspicions by going over there and 5) She would willingly accompany out of her house without her ID or wallet. You are in a pretty close F & F circle. You're talking about what? 10-15-20 people tops.

I am bothered by several things I am not going to delve into. This could have been the trip to go get her car that went horribly wrong, but then her license stays at home. (Has there been any mention of her keys? Were her keys there, assuming she had her own set?) A person who had this level of trust would not need to snatch her off the street, or even follow her jogging. He had an expressway of trust and her complete confidence.

I couldn't have said it better and I'd imagine the things that bother you are similar as well. It would be nice to explore plausible scenarios with those fitting your well written description, without drawing a boat load of criticism.

Yep, I understand she could have sent it long before he opened it...was just speculating on whether that statement gives us a more narrow timeframe as to when she could have actually sent it.

my question is how many, if any snapchats were sent and not yet opened, there could be more we don't know about.

Just a thought...notice in the video by Sharon Needles, when MT father was being interviewed on the corner, there is a white extended cab pick up truck coming around the corner. In the video this morning of MT father and bf there is a white extended cab pick up truck passing in the background. How many of these trucks are in that little town? Just seems unusual to me. And that the same/similar truck would be on camera twice. Sometimes perps are lurking around the scene long after the fact.

My theory is that a someone grabbed her while jogging and drove out of town ...would a new vehicle get noticed in that area?
lack of a license plate might. You know, new vehicles have something in the window until the plates come in.

I felt
This case just rips at my heart. I was in Iowa visiting my mom in Grinnell for the month of July. My adult kids live in Waterloo. I drove past that Brooklyn sign that says Brooklyn 8 miles ahead almost every day as I made trips to Waterloo. I still can't remember where I was on July 18th.

So, my theory--for what it's worth which isn't much, lol

Mollie dog sitting, being alone in the house has nothing to do with this case. I believe the perp is 40-50 years old--ok maybe 35-50. I think even those that know him consider him a bit creepy and wouldn't want to leave their kids alone with him. He's married or divorced maybe grown kids or no kids, but he doesn't have young children.

I think he has committed rapes or abductions of women for many years. He's a pro.
Why did he take Mollie? I believe he decided he needed a girl. He's from the general area, within 1-2 hours at the most. He gathered what he needed (tape, rope whatever) and headed out to see what he could find. He probably cruised through a few small towns in the area. Didn't see anything interesting until he was in Brooklyn and glimpsed Mollie. The town was dead so it was the perfect scenario.

I think he followed her through her run waiting for a spot where it was perfect to take her. I'm not sure where that spot was during her run.

My guess is he made his way out to a gravel road outside of town, did what he did and dumped her somewhere within an hour of Brooklyn. Made his way home and is watching all this on the news.

I also believe the reason the FBI is involved is they too believe this is someone who has committed multiple crimes in Iowa that have been unsolved. Mollie's is the 1st with such a strong digital footprint and they are putting all their focus on locating him that way.

It will come down to someone seeing a car and reporting it. The car will be the key.
And why in the world have they not searched Rock Creek State Park?! My mom lives there and the back road through that park is creepy as can be with old dilapidated houses back there and tons of wood and brush.

Maybe I've watched too many crime shows.
I felt like I was reading a news report after the fact. I bet you are pretty spot on. I would add that he came into town past the truck stop and car wash, maybe even stopped at one of both.

I get what you're saying and that'
Just a thought...notice in the video by Sharon Needles, when MT father was being interviewed on the corner, there is a white extended cab pick up truck coming around the corner. In the video this morning of MT father and bf there is a white extended cab pick up truck passing in the background. How many of these trucks are in that little town? Just seems unusual to me. And that the same/similar truck would be on camera twice. Sometimes perps are lurking around the scene long after the fact.
I get what you're saying and it's good thinking. I've noticed where we are that there are sooooo many white trucks. Almost all companies that have trucks buy them in white. Other people like white trucks because they don't show the dirt as much. White trucks everywhere! We own a business also that requires trucks. All of them are white.

Agreed. I understand wanting to help as much as possible but sometimes that can get you in trouble- even if you did nothing wrong. I got stopped by a LE before and they thought my window breaking device was a type of weapon (for anyone who doesn't know what that is, View attachment 142278 here's a picture). Anything can look bad in the 'right' situation.

That's a brain stem smasher!

It could be part of the news crew, or who knows. I like your observation skills. You just never know. Perps love to show up at briefings, vigils, searches, funerals. Just like moths to light, where of course they burn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20