Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He may have said " put the dogs away, or "get rid of those dogs", " do something about those dogs." He does not necessarily have to know that they are kept in the basement. Then of course if it was someone known to her, he may have known to tell her "where" to put them. When threatened with a gun or other weapon, people generally do as their told. Although Mollie is a fighter, even the bravest are compliant with a gun pointed to their head.

But again, why, if he was taking her from the house? It would make sense if he was attacking her there, but why would he care if they were leaving?

But again, why, if he was taking her from the house? It would make sense if he was attacking her there, but why would he care if they were leaving?
He knew them and he as being considerate. That's all I can think of.

Could have been somebody that knew the dogs and owners routine. A set up.
In my opinion a “setup” or the type of “frame WC” hypotheses discussed many times before is really a stretch, whether you are talking about the motivation factor (as here), or as a disposal strategy ( sorry to use that word).

As a motivator that is very unlikely (you would already need to know the end game and anticipate the community/LE reaction.)

There are other more likely motivators:

• Hookup + Awkward situation escalated
  • Opportunity + Attraction
  • Power + Attraction
  • Opportunity + Power
  • Drunk/drugged perp + Opportunity
  • Etc.
The more complicated you make the scenario for someone so open with friends and SM and involved in the community, the less likely in my mind.

In many, many cases here in the beginning folks will check to see how many RSO's are in the area. They will report back the number and we are free to check it out on our own. Unless one is reported by LE as a POI or arrested for said crime then they are off limits for discussion.

Forgive me if a version of this theory has been discussed before. It is a case I have personal knowledge of from someone I worked with in Toronto many years ago. I can't help but think of it in Molly's case because of the few people that may have known she was dog-sitting.

Couple lived in the country with 2 daughters. They were invited to a wedding, along with their neighbours. One daughter was looking after the neighbours young child. At the wedding reception, someone asked the neighbour "who's looking after your baby?" Answer was "oh, our pretty young neighbour girl". Person who asked left the wedding and went home with his wife, then said he had a headache and needed fresh air. Arrived at home where girl was babysitting, stabbed her repeatedly and left her for dead. She had the presence of mind to play dead and did not die although she was blinded in one eye. Years and years of therapy in her future.

Of the few people who knew Molly was at that house dog-sitting, who was asked "Who is looking after your dogs?"

Last edited:
In my opinion a “setup” or the type of “frame WC” hypotheses discussed many times before is really a stretch, whether you are talking about the motivation factor (as here), or as a disposal strategy ( sorry to use that word).

As a motivator that is very unlikely (need to know the end game and anticipate the community/LE reaction.

There are other more likely motivators:

• Hookup + Awkward situation escalated
  • Opportunity + Attraction
  • Power + Attraction
  • Opportunity + Power
  • Drunk/drugged perp + Opportunity
  • Etc.
The more complicated you make the scenario for someone so open with friends and SM and involved in the community, the less likely in my mind.

I posted this earlier. I'm surely not making it complicated.

Occam's razor - Simple English Wikipedia, the free ...
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor
Occam
's razor (or Ockham's razor) is a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the simpler one is usually better. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an

I don't believe MT was abducted from DJ's house but for in a case as to why would a perp NOT want to leave behind a victim's phone is if it contains messaging between the perp and the victim.
I'm not buying that she was taken from the home for the simple matter that her phone was gone. Why would you take someone from their house...and not make them leave their phone at said location. Yeah I can see the Fitbit staying on her arm...but a perp would know to not let the phone leave the house unless she had it hidden. Not everyone knows what a fitbit is but they know a phone when they see one.

Maybe she never had a chance to get them out of the baseman before bed.
Maybe but I wonder how many times, with four living there, she was alone? Somebody said, can't remember who, that if Mollie slept there the dogs would have been with her.
I think it was Dalton that said "if Mollie was alone she would go to her mothers house to spend the night".
So there we are.

Small town or anywhere really anyone can over hear a conversation regarding leaving town, watching dogs, etc. etc. I hate when I am at a checkout etc. and they ask for email or postal code. I just say NO! I don't want anyone overhearing personal info. of any kind.

On the findingmollie.iowa.gov site it leads off with this statement:
"last seen jogging in Brooklyn, Iowa in the evening hours. There have been no credible sightings of, or communications with, Mollie since that time"

Maybe I'm reading more into that statement than I should, but when they say no "communications with Mollie", is it also implied no "communications from Mollie" as well? Communications can take various forms imo, meaning the snapchat wasn't post jog, no homework being done on laptop, no connecting to house wifi, etc since the last credible sighting of her jogging?

Here is a picture of my Fitbit Alta on my wrist with an aftermarket band I purchased to prevent the Fitbit from falling off.

The 2 pictures will also give you an idea of what a POI would have seen on her wrist and then you can decide for yourself if it obviously looks like a Smartwatch? GPS Tracker? Bracelet? Fitbit? Other?

Note: The band they come with is either solid black or pink and simply snaps on/off like a button. They could easily fall off while running or pulled off during an attack. I lost my previous Fitbit because it fell off unbeknownst to me because I didn’t know to buy the more secure type of band. I figured they don't come with the secure bands to make $ of people losing them all the time.

Attachments

• 55B0461F-701A-49C2-ACFE-92ECD49E89C4.jpeg
    55B0461F-701A-49C2-ACFE-92ECD49E89C4.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 57493EA2-60F2-487A-AE05-6C0EC0D18508.jpeg
    57493EA2-60F2-487A-AE05-6C0EC0D18508.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I'm not buying that she was taken from the home for the simple matter that her phone was gone. Why would you take someone from their house...and not make them leave their phone at said location. Yeah I can see the Fitbit staying on her arm...but a perp would know to not let the phone leave the house unless she had it hidden. Not everyone knows what a fitbit is but they know a phone when they see one.

Maybe she did make it home and still had her phone on her yet it was not noticed --- sometimes I would tuck my phone in my sport bra or even shorts band if I wasn't sweaty ....

Forgive me if a version of this theory has been discussed before. It is a case I have personal knowledge of from someone I worked with in Toronto many ago. I can't help but think of it in Molly's case because of the few people that may have known she was dog-sitting.

Couple lived in the country with 2 daughters. They were invited to a wedding, along with their neighbours. One daughter was looking after the neighbours young child. At the wedding reception, someone asked the neighbour "who's looking after your baby?" Answer was "oh, our pretty young neighbour girl". Person who asked left the wedding and went home with his wife, then said he had a headache and needed fresh air. Arrived at home where girl was babysitting, stabbed her repeatedly and left her for dead. She had the presence of mind to play dead and did not die although she was blinded in one eye. Years and years of therapy in her future.

Of the few people who knew Molly was at that house dog-sitting, who was asked "Who is looking after your dogs?"
So true. To answer your question. With four young, social friends living in the house. One owning a construction company. Wedding plans and showers. Families close by.
Hundreds 'could have' asked that question.

Maybe but I wonder how many times, with four living there, she was alone? Somebody said, can't remember who, that if Mollie slept there the dogs would have been with her.
I think it was Dalton that said "if Mollie was alone she would go to her mothers house to spend the night".
So there we are.

rbbm

Is there a source for this comment? tia

No there isn't because I can't find it. But in one of the interviews somebody said it. Help me please. Some keep records of everything so just maybe we can find the source together!

I searched before asking but didn't find anything and I've never heard it before. Hopefully someone will come to our aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip