DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Known evidence that she made it back to the house:
- Two second hand accounts of what people say LE told them

Known evidence that she was abducted on a jog/walk:
- LE says that she was last seen jogging and had no further communication after that
- Earbuds, Fitbit, phone and running clothes are only items missing from the house which are all what she typically brought with her when jogging. Items that she may take if she left to go somewhere else after returning (ID/wallet) were still there.

I'd add in the fact that the dogs were put away in the basement as a piece of evidence supporting something happened on a jog/walk. It doesn't support that directly, but it supports the idea that she was not in the house when whatever happened happened and likely left the house on her own accord. She could have left to meet someone she knew or something like that, but I'd point back to the fact that the only items missing were things she typically took with her when jogging.

To me it's pretty clear which one makes the most sense, but I understand it that a lot of us get entrenched in our theories and don't want to back off. We aren't going to know 100% for certain unless LE tells us, but I know which one of those looks more probable.

With an on line course, time stamps are recorded. With Snapchat pictures are recorded.

However, is there proof I've missed that any activity was MT?
Who hasn't watched a who-done-it and watch a perp take pictures, send texts, make a phone call, or even get on a computer and pretend to be the victim.
Speaking of her course, has it ever been confirmed that it is an on line class? It's not a local college she was physically attending? She could have been doing homework on the computer but wouldn't necessarily mean it was online. I'm sure someone here has mentioned it, but where was she taking that summer class? Through which college?

I am not sure why these areas are highlighted.
Is it because of phone pings?
Fitbit info?

Neither of which proves SHE was there, just her electronics.

Or is there CCTV?
A vehicle that was seen in the area?

LE are asking anyone in that area to come forward.
Are they eliminating people?

What does it indicate to you?

Thank you, Dushi, for taking such a broad question up. Much appreciate your input.

I haven't had time to really think about it. I am sure that asking sleuthers here would help me, as you just have.

Last edited:
Cecilia, I think, Popmom?

Thank you so very much for maintaining this list, your unwavering attention, updates and more.

This has probably been addressed, but the FBI is spelling it "Cecelia" and everywhere else I've seen it is spelled "Cecilia." If nobody else has figured it out by the time I get caught up (if ever!), I'll dig into it.

For me, the dots = pings and/or where items were possibly found that could be hers,

Also for me, the latest PC was very clear in showing they do NOT have a suspect. The website, the behavioral and physical issues for people to think about (that they finally mentioned) the “dots”...all point to this. This LE is closed-mouth to the extreme, and would be saying nothing if they had a suspect. There is no way the public can help with an existing suspect from what they released, yet they are telling us the ways to help identify one.

I can normally make some attempt to form some theory or theories on what may have happened. But I have so little to work with and no real time line, plus these threads and posts have been moving at light speed. I have no idea if she was abducted on her run (but then what about her supposedly being on computer in the evening?) or someone knocked on the door and it happened then or in the morning.

Most cases I wonder if the person was abducted by someone they knew (probably the highest possibility) or a stranger. Here Mollie was not in her house, but someone else's. So in addition to Mollie being the target by someone she knew or a stranger, could this be someone who targeted the other woman (DJ's brother's fiancee) and didn't expect to find her instead?

From an earlier discussion about the meaning of the 5 locations on the map ...

Otto, keep following that logic. The 385 rt out of Brooklyn to the north towards v21 is where I think she is. The v21 bridge over Big Bear Creek is the first evidence dunp (phone). I don't think the perp is going to keep her in his pick-up out to this location. So somewhere along the backroads of 385.

The FBI map of five dots does include a most Western dot that includes hwy 385 (point #2 on this map), which merges right to Des Moines. This route goes directly in front of Mollie's house-sit house. She jogged from the house-sit East on Des Moines, turned right on West Str and headed East on W. Pershing Dr.

I don't think there are any more verified sightings after that location, although early tips were that she was near the Funeral home (no direction given), and on 2nd Str heading West. I don't think she ran on the highway towards her mother's house. I think she typically took the pathway.

From the dots, the one on the top right caught my attention because it is a backroads intersection from Brooklyn towards Guernsey. From point 3 to 4 looks a bit like getting out of town fast.

There are two questions about July 18 between 5PM and 10PM, and in the early morning of July 19:
  • where was the abductor
  • where was Mollie
Each of the locations on the map relate to a request for information that may lead to the identity of the abductor, may confirm sightings of Mollie, and many indicate places where Mollie was with the abductor.

The two illustrations show 4/5 points on the map, and the pathway that Mollie would most likely take when jogging to her mother's house.

Attachments

• Mollie Map Times.jpg
    Mollie Map Times.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Mollie 12.jpg
    Mollie 12.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 48
There is a lot of discussion of electronic devices, but the obvious question, when and where was the last electronic ping off a tower I don't see mentioned. Most people that age keep their devices on 24 7 so it was probably turned off by another person against her wishes. The first data police would have collected was the last ping so they would know when and where her attacker, if that was the case, became aware of her electronics, assuming there is cellphone coverage throughout the area.
Yes, I think you are right but we have no idea when that was! LE has not confirmed anything.

Popping back from reading about the pregnant woman and daughters who were murdered in Colorado by the husband/father. Listened to the first PC...they also stated that "the public is not in any danger"...much like LE in Iowa has said during their PC's. Interesting...

This has probably been addressed, but the FBI is spelling it "Cecelia" and everywhere else I've seen it is spelled "Cecilia." If nobody else has figured it out by the time I get caught up (if ever!), I'll dig into it.

Apologies PopMom. I had no idea. Again, it's a blessing to have you keep updating and for your patience. I'm sure it's required with such a task.

Is another presser scheduled any time soon? If so, I missed seeing it. TIA

On another note --
It's still hard to think about our being on thread 28 (!) with so little info. We're used to this and we get impatient for resolution. We understand why having so little is disappointing, but we have developed a passion for this young woman and her family, and we want good news for all of them.
If we are going nuts on this one, so to speak, I can't imagine how LE is doing. I'm sure they have much to do, and they are looking at the tips that come in, but they've got to be frustrated out of their minds. If we are this frustrated, worried and looking for a big step in this case, how must they feel?
And how her family and bf are feeling is something I cannot fathom.
Oh, Miss Mollie I hope you are alive and safe.

From an earlier discussion about the meaning of the 5 locations on the map ...

The FBI map of five dots does include a most Western dot that includes hwy 385 (point #2 on this map), which merges right to Des Moines. This route goes directly in front of Mollie's house-sit house. She jogged from the house-sit East on Des Moines, turned right on West Str and headed East on W. Pershing Dr.

I don't think there are any more verified sightings after that location, although early tips were that she was near the Funeral home (no direction given), and on 2nd Str heading West. I don't think she ran on the highway towards her mother's house. I think she typically took the pathway.

From the dots, the one on the top right caught my attention because it is a backroads intersection from Brooklyn towards Guernsey. From point 3 to 4 looks a bit like getting out of town fast.

There are two questions about July 18 between 5PM and 10PM, and in the early morning of July 19:
  • where was the abductor
  • where was Mollie
Each of the locations on the map relate to a request for information that may lead to the identity of the abductor, may confirm sightings of Mollie, and many indicate places where Mollie was with the abductor.

The two illustrations show 4/5 points on the map, and the pathway that Mollie would most likely take when jogging to her mother's house.

That is the exact pathway I felt Mollie would take and mentioned that pathway many threads ago. I have rethought that with the sighting on 2nd street, thinking her jog could have been longer to get in her full 30-45 minutes, although it could still have looped around that way.

However, police did say that they do not believe the abductor is from the Brooklyn community.

Just my opinion, but I feel if LE expresses disbelief of the perp being from Brooklyn, than he/she is from Brooklyn. They want M's abductor to relax maybe?

Circling back to family and friends would be ill advised at this point, useless, hurtful and harmful, I believe.

The five spots highlighted in and around Brooklyn during the the 5 to 10 pm time frame would indicate what to you?
That either something was done to her during that time period or that the person who abducted her came into town at that time.
At first I took that time period indicative of Mollie being grabbed while running but before making it home. However, by 8:30 at the latest she would have been home, so that time frame really doesn't tell us much other than that was the time they feel whoever took her may have been out and about in public areas. He may have been in town from 5pm onward and by 10pm they feel he had taken her. It does narrow the timeline down a bit, but then again it doesn't tell us where she was taken from.
The problem may be we're focusing on a detail that really doesn't matter. Where she was taken from isn't nearly as important as where she was taken to, and maybe that's where we should be focusing our efforts?

<modsnipped quoted post>
They were told by LE that the info was from the fitbit data

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads