Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never stated that, I actually estimated the age by taking away a year assuming that the conviction took place months if not a year later.
I'm looking on iowasexoffender.com

You have to keep in mind that sometimes abuse isn't even reported until years later when the victim develops problems related to it.

Beating a dead horse here, but given the suggestions that there is evidence that Mollie returned home after her run, is there a link to information to support this point?

Police have said that her last communication and sighting was while jogging. What evidence is there to refute this police statement, and support the opposite point that she was in fact at the house-sit after she went jogging?

Not at all.

This is what police have said:

"There have been no credible sightings of, or communications with, Mollie since that time."
https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

There is nothing about "with anyone", they strictly refer to "communications", which we know includes digital communication.

Not true. "Communications with" does not necessarily include her one-way communications with a class server, yet you seem rather definitive that it does. I disagree with your conclusion.

And again, there are countless texting and other communication apps that leave no evidence of contact, so just because they say there is no evidence of communications does not mean that no communications exist.

JMO.

Doing homework listening to music?

Listening to music jogging and taken then?

Listening to music end of run around or in house,
whomever pressed enter on her open PC to file answer anyone could've filled in, to throw off timeline?

Does what's on the official site leave all these possibilities and more open or not?

It seems all open to interpretation.

I work at an after school (and summer) program, so parents are putting their kids there while they are working. They aren't going to go on a field trip and miss work bc if they aren't working, they wouldn't put their kids in care! Actual school field trips, the ones parents volunteer to go on, have much better ratios. But child care ratios are usually maxed out bc people generally won't pay for staff that isn't legally required, and parents don't go on the trips.
True, but there is always an abundance of young counselors and staff who are in college and studying child development or psychology or even who just like kids and need a summer job. In addition, there are always plenty of mom's who don't work out of the house and are looking for something to do. Volunteering to work with kids is the perfect thing, for those who are mom's, and staff always welcomes them. Also, many teachers need to work during the summer and these summer programs are the perfect thing. They can enroll there own kids there for daycare .We have not been given any impression what so ever that the summer program Mollie was working in was short staffed, whether paid staff or volunteers! I dont think this plays into it at all!

Beating a dead horse here, but given the suggestions that there is evidence that Mollie returned home after her run, is there a link to information to support this point?

Police have said that her last communication and sighting was while jogging. What evidence is there to refute this police statement, and support the opposite point that she was in fact at the house-sit after she went jogging?

Two eyewitnesses saying LE told them she made it home and was doing homework. The police have not refuted/corrected these two public accounts. That is evidence.

They’re going to be looking at more than just her computer to reach this determination. Plenty of people have attempted to throw off an investigation before, by creating a false digital history (text messages, phone location, social media posts). Usually these people are extremely close to the victim.

Thus, since that isn't the case here, is the whole homework at night a misunderstanding.

Given the timeline on the official site of 5 to 10pm in those five areas.

You’re right. From the latest police statement, especially the fact that there were no sightings or communications from her since the time of her jog, it seems that police don’t think Mollie returned home. Our only evidence that she may have, came second hand, from witness statements early on in the investigation. I think that even if LE did think initially that Mollie made it back, their thinking has evolved, and they now think otherwise.

You’re right. From the latest police statement, especially the fact that there were no sightings or communications from her since the time of her jog, it seems that police don’t think Mollie returned home. Our only evidence that she may have, came second hand, from witness statements early on in the investigation. I think that even if LE did think initially that Mollie made it back, their thinking has evolved, and they now think otherwise.

I strongly feel that they would correct those witnesses - both of whom claim the police told them they had digital evidence putting her at home that evening - as a matter of record.

One was Fitbit data, according to the neighborhood witness.

JMO.

Not true. "Communications with" does not necessarily include her one-way communications with a class server, yet you seem rather definitive that it does. I disagree with your conclusion.

And again, there are countless texting and other communication apps that leave no evidence of contact, so just because they say there is no evidence of communications does not mean that no communications exist.

JMO.
Exactly. Well said.

In any case, regardless of the age, if they are listed as Tier 3 then they are considered to pose an ongoing high level of risk to the community and to the public at large. You are supposed to be especially vigilant if this level of offender is in your community.

Not necessarily. Tier III just means that they have to verify residency quarterly rather than every six months (tier II) or annually (tier II). It could mean they pose a greater threat, but both of these guys have been busted for not updating residency in the past so my guess is that it's more related to that fact.

Interesting as it was posted on here that DJs neighbor said the LE told him that she passed by his home that night and was up late doing homework....

So is it true .... FBI was searching the block of homes past the car wash yesterday? ....she has an old BF there?
Old BF? This is the first I am hearing this but it seems like an old BF living within the "police map circle of interest" would have been already been contacted by LE (like on the first day). It seems too obvious to be just coming out now.

The news of Mollie's dad returning to CA this weekend speaks volumes to me.

Does anybody know if they are still doing active searches?

They’re going to be looking at more than just her computer to reach this determination. Plenty of people have attempted to throw off an investigation before, by creating a false digital history (text messages, phone location, social media posts). Usually these people are extremely close to the victim.
Exactly!

there isn't anything like that he is clearly summarizing.
And whoever thought I was so crazy with predatory animals there have been quite a few bears sightings iowa,as well as wolves and mountain lions

Yes, but a predatory animal attack (ha-ha, a pack of rabid racoons especially), more especially in a relatively urban setting (Brooklyn is rural, not Wilderness) would leave a body. Even if the body was dragged off into the "bush" by a pack of crazed escaped Poms from a local dog breeder, turkey vultures would soon point out it's location! So, no, not predatory animal attack.

BUT, on the other hand, alien abduction (right after a guy from Publisher's Clearing House with a check for a million dollars) is starting to look better and better. Pardon me while I adjust my tinfoil beanie.

I strongly feel that they would correct those witnesses - both of whom claim the police told them they had digital evidence putting her at home that evening - as a matter of record.

One was Fitbit data, according to the neighborhood witness.

JMO.
Maybe they believe it is better left unsaid. OR that there is not a need to correct them, as it may be accurate. They may just not want to release any more details that could be helpful to the perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo