Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@otto I am trying to understand what you meant in the post you made on the issue of no communication "Since police have said that there is no communication from Mollie after she went jogging, we know that she did not return home and use her computer to access her online course". Don't you think its possible that LE was referring to 'communication' to mean verbal or text or email rather than online coursework? Why would you think that 'communication' was meant to include coursework online?

In a prior thread we went back and forth quite a bit discussing the ins-outs of the various online platforms and it seemed like with the platform MT had at Iowa that she could have logged in earlier and the system might not have logged her out. I understand that you are making a very definitive statement/drawing a conclusion about MT not arriving home again based on LE making only a general statement about 'no communication'. We had statement from the family in the early days of this saga that they had looked at history logs and it seemed like she had been working after the jog. I don't think we really know what LE meant when it said 'no communication' so I'm trying to understand how you thought about this entire statement from LE and why you felt the online coursework would fall under the LE use of the word 'communication'? Fine point, maybe or maybe not?!!

My point is that in order to make the statement you are making that a number of assumptions had to be made about what LE meant when it said 'no communication' and I'm not sure LE has confirmed any of those assumptions to the public yet. I think this is one of the reasons why we are still dancing around how what happened did in fact happen. In contrast to your more broad interpretation of the use of the word 'communication', I used a narrower interpretation of 'communiation' to then assume she might have been doing schoolwork after the jog.
I agree! LE has never said she did NOT log onto her computer after a certain time, we have no evidence that she was doing homework so therfo
I read it on various different sources, but one of the last one was on fox. That is why the car wash was one of the five places authorities were focusing on.
Do we have a source for this? I have not heard them specify that she was seen at the car wash.

Thank you, ChuckMaureen, I hope it's okay to keep.

Watching the video I found it interesting how a trucker checks the tires mounted on their vehicle. I wonder if most/all truckers check their tires in that manner? I've never seen that before.

Another interesting point: truckers may also wash down their vehicle at the TA Truck Stop.

Whether 'real' or not, the demonstration of and how quickly an abduction may occur was made.

I suspect a perp never expects their intended victim to be "easily" abducted. The major upset in the balance is, the perp *knows* they are going to abduct, the in-their-comfort-zone, likely-unaware jogger knows of nothing of the sort, neither when nor where.

Being a "healthy, active athlete" is a broad definition. A runner? A boxer? A wrestler? Shot-put? Cyclist? Each athlete has strengths and weaknesses particular to their respective chosen sport(s). Being a "healthy, active athlete" in and of itself does not necessarily describe a 'stronger-and/or-smarter-than-a-perp' individual.
Right? And upper body strength would be one of several necessities in fighting off an attacker. Not to be catty, but it doesn't look like Mollie had much of that. Could be wrong. Would be happy if I am wrong.

Watching the video I found it interesting how a trucker checks the tires mounted on their vehicle. I wonder if most/all truckers check their tires in that manner? I've never seen that before.

Another interesting point: truckers may also wash down their vehicle at the TA Truck Stop.

And the process and info required as he pays for gas is interesting too.

THAT’S EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS!!! Why so many guests? Maybe this site should require registration... NAMUS does. Just makes sense in case. I’m also leaning towards a “slight suspicion” that this could be a serial perp. LE kept so many things under wraps for Derrick Todd Lee in Baton Rouge. Hindsight always 20/20 but they could have possibly prevented more killings with letting us in on info sooner. He stalked his victims. Never sign of struggle except for my sisters next door neighbor... I dunno... But 2 days ago I got a creepy feeling that he’s on here... lurking

The number of guests here at any time is not surprising to me, given that this case has been getting regular national news coverage. The perp may well be here, or have been at some point, but truthfully, most, if not all of us that are members started out as guests. I came here when Brittanee Drexel disappeared in 2009 and lurked off and on for 3 years before I finally joined. Some guests never join, and that is okay too. Some just know the reputation this site has for not allowing junk and rumor, and know that if there is real information about a case, you will probably find it here. I think we just have to understand that sometimes bad people come here, and use common sense when posting. Guests will never cause me not to want to post my thoughts here. JMO

Last edited:
I keep going back to MassGuy's post yesterday and I can't get past it:

That circumstances being so ideal for a random perp to have done this makes a random perp all the more unlikely.

Her boyfriend being out of town that night could very well be key to this, IMO, and I don't mean in the sense that he had anything to do with it. Just that someone knew that and acted accordingly.

JMO.

He never said "alive" .
The wording from the article for the issue in question: "A neighbor told Fox News he saw her running on his street, headed in the direction of a carwash and the main street section of town at about 8:30 p.m. That neighbor could be the last person who saw her before she disappeared."
I think it's safe to assume that if she was headed in the direction of the car wash, and it was "before she disappeared," that she was alive at that moment. No, that's not "at the car wash" as Deathbyboobie incorrectly stated, but pretty darn close, and of course if she was running/jogging/walking, she was alive.
My own gut feeling is that when/if this is ever solved, the car wash will be a, perhaps the, central piece of the puzzle.

I keep going back to MassGuy's post yesterday and I can't get past it:

That circumstances being so ideal for a random perp to have done this makes a random perp all the more unlikely.

Her boyfriend being out of town that night could very well be key to this, IMO, and I don't mean in the sense that he had anything to do with it. Just that someone knew that and acted accordingly.

JMO.

Me too, DocBrew. Agreed.

I figured it was, just never seen it in action before. It seems to be a quick way to verify tire pressure / surface integrity.

Yes very normal and it is to verify air pressure. You can actually tell by the sound it makes when you hit the tire. My husband either uses his hatchet to check or kicks them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho