Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep going back to MassGuy's post yesterday and I can't get past it:

That circumstances being so ideal for a random perp to have done this makes a random perp all the more unlikely.

Her boyfriend being out of town that night could very well be key to this, IMO, and I don't mean in the sense that he had anything to do with it. Just that someone knew that and acted accordingly.

JMO.

But, if MT was abducted on the street while jogging and not from the BF’s house then the perp might not have known she was alone at the house, but was just aware she was jogging alone alongside the road. There are so many unknowns—maybe the perp scouted her out, maybe the perp knew she was alone and the BF’s was out of town, or maybe not—until LE gives more info, I suppose all we can do is speculate.
Just wanted to throw it in there that the possibility exists that this has nothing to do with her being home alone.

Can't get off of the fence but I'm still leaning towards stranger abduction
Me, too. Despite all the coincidences and good arguments for it being someone she knew, it doesn't feel right. Nor do the stalker/infatuation/jealousy/family friend scenarios. At most maybe somebody spotted her the day before and noted she was by herself when she ran. A small, young woman who runs alone along stretches of isolated roadway, with earphones in, no dog or obvious other means to defend herself...
And the points of interest on LE's map don't suggest any kind of meaningful location besides more isolation. Other than the truck stop and car wash, I guess.

Of interst in Iowa right now: the location where LE found human remains in the search for 15 year old Jake Wilson is the area of Wolf Creek where they initially began searching. They said in the PC that they had previously search this area 20-30 times. I know LE has searched WC’s property and a couple other locations multiple times in relation to Mollie’s disappearance, but now many of us are asking how these previous searches for Jake could have possibly come up empty.

I understand that even though police have stated that there was no credible communication with Mollie after she went jogging, some people choose to believe that she was still texting, making phone calls, logging into her personal account at her university, or emailing. I have a different opinion.

When my logic is soundly repudiated I tend not to resort to straw men and smug ad hominems, but we all cope in different ways I suppose.

No one - I repeat NO ONE - claims that she was still texting, making phone calls, logging into her personal university account, or emailing. Only that A) it is quite possible and easily doable that she was communicating with someone else and LE not have the capabilities to obtain that data, and B) that LE's statement could just as easily NOT have encompassed her logging into her school homework platform.

JMO.

I keep going back to MassGuy's post yesterday and I can't get past it:

That circumstances being so ideal for a random perp to have done this makes a random perp all the more unlikely.

Her boyfriend being out of town that night could very well be key to this, IMO, and I don't mean in the sense that he had anything to do with it. Just that someone knew that and acted accordingly.

JMO.
I imagine that there was probably a significant number of people who knew that Mollie was home alone. I’d be interested to know if she put this fact out there on her social media, especially Snapchat.
Someone either picked an ideal time period because they knew this was the opportune time, or they got lucky. Both scenarios are possible of course.
Random abductions occur all the time, but how often do random abductors get this lucky, and have a potential 12+ hour head start between abduction and discovery? It’s just hard to get past this. It doesn’t discount the possibility of a random stranger, but it makes me lean towards this guy committing this crime, because this was the time to do it.

bbm

DJ is MT's BF? Her?

It was the second night MT was alone, so how would there be a change in pattern? Who says a pattern had been established.

I am sure your list includes many people who can not be sleuthed on here.

MT was alone in a house only twice in her teen/adult life? Is this fact? When alone was MT tasked with grocery shopping or for doing anything that involved working outside of the house or leaving the property?

The list may include many people, none of which I intend to sleuth here or elsewhere... it was just a thought of possibility which I believe LE would by now have pursued or is pursuing if evidence lead them.

The number of guests here at any time is not surprising to me, given that this case has been getting regular national news coverage. The perp may well be here, or have been at some point, but truthfully, most, if not all of us that are members started out as guests. I came here when Brittanee Drexel disappeared in 2009 and lurked off and on for 3 years before I finally joined. Some guests never join, and that is okay too. Some just know the reputation this site has for not allowing junk and rumor, and know that if there is real information about a case, you will probably find it here. I think we just have to understand that sometimes bad people come here, and use common sense when posting. Guests will never cause me not to want to post my thoughts here. JMO
No guests would not keep me from posting. It just makes me wonder if at any point in any case, would it be helpful to LE to be able to find out... but yea I get it. Some people don’t want to be involved, just watch :)

bbm

MT was alone in a house only twice in her teen/adult life? Is this fact? When alone was MT tasked with grocery shopping or for doing anything that involved working outside of the house or leaving the property?

The list may include many people, none of which I intend to sleuth here or elsewhere... it was just a thought of possibility which I believe LE would by now have pursued or is pursuing if evidence lead them.

I deleted my post............it was the second night she was alone to watch the dogs at her bf's house.

Of interst in Iowa right now: the location where LE found human remains in the search for 15 year old Jake Wilson is the area of Wolf Creek where they initially began searching. They said in the PC that they had previously search this area 20-30 times. I know LE has searched WC’s property and a couple other locations multiple times in relation to Mollie’s disappearance, but now many of us are asking how these previous searches for Jake could have possibly come up empty.
I think perpetrators move remains according to areas that have been searched. Jacob Wetterling comes to mind.

IMO, the type of communication they are referring to is between two or more persons (phone calls, text, email, etc.). If they were referring to doing homework by logging into a server at college, I would see that as digital footprints.

Would that mean that if Mollie made a phone call at 9PM and no one answered the call, it is a digital footprint and not a form of communication?

When my logic is soundly repudiated I tend not to resort to straw men and smug ad hominems, but we all cope in different ways I suppose.

No one - I repeat NO ONE - claims that she was still texting, making phone calls, logging into her personal university account, or emailing. Only that A) it is quite possible and easily doable that she was communicating with someone else and LE not have the capabilities to obtain that data, and B) that LE's statement could just as easily NOT have encompassed her logging into her school homework platform.

JMO.
For all we know the Snapchat could have been sent at 9:45.

Article dated two days ago on Fox News (FWIW) Mollie Tibbetts, University of Iowa student, missing: A timeline of events

So, have we decided family members are mistaken? Yikes. Or does anyone hold LE is muddying the waters about the last-communication-timeline for a specific purpose? I don't know what to think. Help?
"...new evidence...."

"July 28
Family members tell KCCI new evidence reveals Tibbetts’ was doing homework on her computer late into the evening on July 18, suggesting she returned to the home where her boyfriend, his brother and the brother's fiancee live."

Me, too. Despite all the coincidences and good arguments for it being someone she knew, it doesn't feel right. Nor do the stalker/infatuation/jealousy/family friend scenarios. At most maybe somebody spotted her the day before and noted she was by herself when she ran. A small, young woman who runs alone along stretches of isolated roadway, with earphones in, no dog or obvious other means to defend herself...
And the points of interest on LE's map don't suggest any kind of meaningful location besides more isolation. Other than the truck stop and car wash, I guess.
I have entertained this thought too. However, doesn't it contradict LE stating the public's safety is not threatened? If it was random, wouldn't they issue warnings to the public like in other kidnappings/abductions. I strongly feel she was the sole target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo