Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Article dated two days ago on Fox News (FWIW) Mollie Tibbetts, University of Iowa student, missing: A timeline of events

So, have we decided family members are mistaken? Yikes. Or does anyone hold LE is muddying the waters about the last-communication-timeline for a specific purpose? I don't know what to think. Help?
"...new evidence...."

"July 28
Family members tell KCCI new evidence reveals Tibbetts’ was doing homework on her computer late into the evening on July 18, suggesting she returned to the home where her boyfriend, his brother and the brother's fiancee live."
I don’t think they were mistaken, I think it’s more likely that the initial information from LE was wrong. I don’t see this as a concerted effort to mislead, rather, simply bad information based on incomplete information that was relayed to the family.

I have entertained this thought too. However, doesn't it contradict LE sated the public's safety is not threatened? If it was random, wouldn't they issue warnings to the public like in other kidnappings/abductions. I strongly feel she was the sole target.
I don't think so. LE always tells the public 'be careful'!

I am leaning toward her being alone overnight not being a factor, that she was more likely taken on her run by someone who just saw a good opportunity, she was there, no cars in sight...
Yes..... but then why did LE say the public wasn't at threat?

I am leaning in the other direction simply because there aren't that many strangers in Brooklyn, if I have correctly assessed the feel of this charming small town.

I mean I don't think it is a person in her inner circle . Not someone she knew.

It could be someone who lives near by.

Not necessarily a stranger to the general area, but someone she did not know.

Someone she had no connection to.

Of interst in Iowa right now: the location where LE found human remains in the search for 15 year old Jake Wilson is the area of Wolf Creek where they initially began searching. They said in the PC that they had previously search this area 20-30 times. I know LE has searched WC’s property and a couple other locations multiple times in relation to Mollie’s disappearance, but now many of us are asking how these previous searches for Jake could have possibly come up empty.

Being from this area (mid Iowa) you know how different even a shallow, very slow moving stream can appear vs times of accumulated heavy rains or melting snow and ice. Wolfe creek appears to be much larger of an area then the creek off Old Highway 6 in this case. The depth and presence of tree limbs and rocks would play a part as well. A good old Iowa Storm can really change the landscape.

I don’t think they were mistaken, I think it’s more likely that the initial information from LE was wrong. I don’t see this as a concerted effort to mislead, rather, simply bad information based on incomplete information that was relayed to the family.
Wondering if they did a concerted search on her computer; by they I mean her relatives.

Article dated two days ago on Fox News (FWIW) Mollie Tibbetts, University of Iowa student, missing: A timeline of events

So, have we decided family members are mistaken? Yikes. Or does anyone hold LE is muddying the waters about the last-communication-timeline for a specific purpose? I don't know what to think. Help?
"...new evidence...."

"July 28
Family members tell KCCI new evidence reveals Tibbetts’ was doing homework on her computer late into the evening on July 18, suggesting she returned to the home where her boyfriend, his brother and the brother's fiancee live."
Thank you for including the date. Note that it is July 28. I posted a link several threads back that said "last Wednesday evening" as well.
More details emerge in Mollie Tibbetts disappearance
There's a later report quoting Mollie's mother
Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online
wherein she says that she no longer believes that Mollie returned to the house following her jog. And then there is the most recent press conference in which LE states that Mollie was last seen jogging, posted above.

Long story short: there are conflicting reports regarding the homework and when it was done.

I don't think that Mollie returned to the house based on the fact that her jogging attire, phone, armband for phone, and earbuds are missing. Those things strongly suggest to me that she either didn't return, was just arriving, or had barely set foot in the door.
ETA links and one thought: Did "last Wednesday evening" get misreported as "late Wednesday evening"?
MOO

Last edited:
Gotcha. That’s possible I suppose, especially if LE wasn’t on the scene fast enough.
Which makes me wonder oh never mind. I need to take my tinfoil hat off & go sit in the corner.
kicked-out-smiley.gif

He was found near water, which was much higher when the initial search was performed. I think it’s far more likely that he wandered off and drowned as opposed to this being foul play.
Oh, okay. I don't know much about the case. I thought you were questioning how things are missed in initial searches. My bad.

They might come back through town to help hang signs, attend the PC....

Oh I definitely could see someone being extra “helpful” and coming back into town. I am just saying that it makes zero sense if the perp is from out of town to come back in their car and rid themselves of evidence where they committed a crime. In my opinion, they would be intelligent enough to use literally any car wash far enough away to not be searched thoroughly.

Of interst in Iowa right now: the location where LE found human remains in the search for 15 year old Jake Wilson is the area of Wolf Creek where they initially began searching. They said in the PC that they had previously search this area 20-30 times. I know LE has searched WC’s property and a couple other locations multiple times in relation to Mollie’s disappearance, but now many of us are asking how these previous searches for Jake could have possibly come up empty.

In one of the articles, it mentions the area Jake was found was searched months ago, but the water was higher at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious38