Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is aimed at no one in particular, and honestly curious, but if you really are afraid that whoever is responsible for MT's disappearance is reading every word here, (I have seen nothing that makes me feel that is the case) I guess my question is "why and what do you think they are getting here?" We aren't LE, sitting here discussing our investigation plans. We are just a group of people discussing what we believe may have happened. The perp already knows what happened, and us figuring it out isn't going to affect his freedom. Sometimes I think we give perps too much credit. Sometimes they aren't the geniuses we often think they are. Sometimes they are just damned lucky to do their crime and go undetected. Sometimes they may come here, or to sites like this, but I don't really believe that the majority do. I think, more likely than not, they just slink back into whatever existence they came from, until the urge to strike hits again. JMO

Last edited:
I would like to know why LE stated they don't think she was kidnapped. The lack of information in this case is baffling. It seems to me that her case has stalled. Too many contradictions for me.

I'm thinking if the perp is someone they believe helped in the search and attended the vigil, that they get some sadistic joy keeping people guessing and the attention. Hoping LE and FBI are watching and maybe they have ways on seeing IP of guests that might be lurking nearby assuming he still is. Creepy!

This is aimed at no one in particular, and honestly curious, but if you really are afraid that whoever is responsible for MT's disappearance is reading every word here, (I have seen nothing that makes me feel that is the case) I guess my question is "why and what do you think they are getting here?" We aren't LE, sitting here discussing our investigation plans. We are just a group of people discussing what we believe may have happened. The perp already knows what happened, and us figuring it out isn't going to affect his freedom. I sometimes think we give perps too much credit. Sometimes they aren't the geniuses we sometimes think they are. Sometimes they are just damned lucky to do their crime and go undetected. Sometimes they may come here, or to sites like this, but I don't really believe that the majority do. I think, more likely than not, they just slink back into whatever existence they came from, until the urge to strike again hits them. JMO

attention. that is what I think they would be seeking.

This is aimed at no one in particular, and honestly curious, but if you really are afraid that whoever is responsible for MT's disappearance is reading every word here, (I have seen nothing that makes me feel that is the case) I guess my question is "why and what do you think they are getting here?" We aren't LE, sitting here discussing our investigation plans. We are just a group of people discussing what we believe may have happened. The perp already knows what happened, and us figuring it out isn't going to affect his freedom. I sometimes think we give perps too much credit. Sometimes they aren't the geniuses we sometimes think they are. Sometimes they are just damned lucky to do their crime and go undetected. Sometimes they may come here, or to sites like this, but I don't really believe that the majority do. I think, more likely than not, they just slink back into whatever existence they came from, until the urge to strike again hits them. JMO
And they probably haven’t heard of this forum.

I am not afraid of anything but the worse case scenario, and not thinking genius, I am thinking youthful trolls/bullies or psychopaths/sociopaths. Both groups of which do, in fact, like to see themselves talked about.

Of interst in Iowa right now: the location where LE found human remains in the search for 15 year old Jake Wilson is the area of Wolf Creek where they initially began searching. They said in the PC that they had previously search this area 20-30 times. I know LE has searched WC’s property and a couple other locations multiple times in relation to Mollie’s disappearance, but now many of us are asking how these previous searches for Jake could have possibly come up empty.

I was in Civil Air Patrol as a teen, and went on a couple or so of ground SARCAP's in southeast Louisiana - search and rescue missions for downed aircraft. On one particular operation, for a downed military fighter jet, search teams walked past the same water filled hole in the ground a number of times, until a small amount of scattered wreckage found later, from the air, in the same general area, showed the hole in the ground to be where the jet had gone straight in, augering in the hole that the marshland filled with water. Some members of the SAR team even stood on the side of the hole throwing stuff in, oblivious to what lay below. The same thing happened in Florida with an L1011 airliner crash that nose dived into the Everglades, and buried itself into the muck with a miniscule debris field visible. If the vegetation is thick enough, it can be tough to see anything laying on the ground. They now even have hand held IR scanners for hunters to use to look for downed wounded deer. Ask an experienced hunter how hard that can be, even with a blood trail. So, yeah, if you can walk past a downed fighter jet in the boonies, how easy would it be to walk past a small, hidden body. Of course, who is to say that the body was there the first couple of dozen times they went through that area? Hey, I've been there, done that; give props to the boots on the ground!

Last edited:
I kind of discount part of this theory because Mollie is a millennial. All of her life is probably laid out via SM and texting. If she had plans with someone....there would've been a text or some kind of electronic trail that LE would've followed. A random interaction with someone she knew is a possibility and I bet LE has been checking all of her neighbors, friends, high school acquaintances...and those of her family and DJ's family. It's that ever-widening circle that they use to investigate a missing person.

I don't disagree with a random interaction, but one of my tentative theories is based on there potentially being an older married adult male - maybe an authority figure in her life - who has perhaps been grooming her for quite some time and maybe even seeing her at times "under the radar". Hey, it happens quite often to unsuspecting and impressionable young women, so I am definitely not implying that she is culpable in any way. With the kind of risk he'd be taking, there would likely be precautions that he would put in place, to include ensuring that leaving a digital footprint is next to impossible (there are messaging apps for this).

To continue with this theory, the fact that her boyfriend was out of town could've spawned the meetup that day. The fact that she was leaving in less than a week to go on a romantic jaunt with her boyfriend could've spawned some major discord that turned ugly. Likewise, this hypothetical person could have told his spouse he was working late, but perhaps she had already been suspicious of things and decided to follow him and confront.

In my view, we've seen this type of scenario play out too many times to discount it and/or make it off limits.

JMO.

I don't disagree with a random interaction, but one of my tentative theories is based on there potentially being an older married adult male - maybe an authority figure in her life - who has perhaps been grooming her for quite some time and maybe even seeing her at times "under the radar". Hey, it happens quite often to unsuspecting and impressionable young women, so I am definitely not implying that she is culpable in any way. With the kind of risk he'd be taking, there would likely be precautions that he would put in place, to include ensuring that leaving a digital footprint is next to impossible (there are messaging apps for this).

To continue with this theory, the fact that her boyfriend was out of town could've spawned the meetup that day. The fact that she was leaving in less than a week to go on a romantic jaunt with her boyfriend could've spawned some major discord that turned ugly. Likewise, this hypothetical person could have told his spouse he was working late, but perhaps she had already been suspicious of things and decided to follow him and confront.

In my view, we've seen this type of scenario play out too many times to discount it and/or make it off limits.

JMO.
Her family and LE sure are pushing purposeful interaction.

This is aimed at no one in particular, and honestly curious, but if you really are afraid that whoever is responsible for MT's disappearance is reading every word here, (I have seen nothing that makes me feel that is the case) I guess my question is "why and what do you think they are getting here?" We aren't LE, sitting here discussing our investigation plans. We are just a group of people discussing what we believe may have happened. The perp already knows what happened, and us figuring it out isn't going to affect his freedom.

I've been ignoring it but I don't know why it seems to keep coming up on this case in particular. The notoriety is bringing out the attention seekers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member