Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a raw emotion post.

We're given nothing truly useful. Nothing that could enable us to foster a conclusive theory. We've crossed toward a bleak boundary. The sun is setting; the temperature, lowering. Eyewitness accounts fuel a mystery and lack of evidence cement it. An uneven timeline makes us stumble in pursuit and LE awaits for someone to tell what happened. The clock is tiring, but still ticks on and on, its hands marking time in endless circle. A metaphor.

Chill is in the air... and I believe it will become colder at an alarming rate.

I honestly have to say that after a month I truly don’t expect a resolution to this any time soon. I remember following the Libby/Abby murders and with more to go on than we have with MT I thought LE would have figured it out long before now. I have speculated many things in this case as have others but the reality is IMO that we will await either some resolution soon or nothing. As a mom it breaks my heart to really believe there is no happy ending here and my heart goes out to the family that has to deal with this senseless tragedy.

you seem to have all the answers, how have you learned so much about how a criminal thinks and works and does and everything else you have told us? not be sarcastic , at least not meaning it that way, it might, you just seem to think fast and pop right back with a answer to everything so thinking you maybe are educated in this sort of thing???? moo
Finding a puppy or kitten I'd say is the number one ploy to lure a child. Could work for an adult just as well. I think most people would agree, without having to do any research whatsoever .

yes i believe they can. the problem being that SC might not be able to get the pic she sent even if they were asked/ordered to. i'm so not a techie but i think i've read that SC isn't able to get people's pics back because they don't store them in any way (as opposed to other apps like instagram where if you delete the app and then reinstall it all your pics will still be there...so they save your content in some way....a platform of sorts? uhhh TECHNOLOGY is all i have to offer lol)

Yes, SC like other social media can be subpoenaed. It can be quite complicated when dealing with large entities; however, FBI can undoubtedly expedite the process in a situation like this.

My opinion on the guests lurking , it's perfectly fine, and most of us probably started out as a "guest"and tested the waters before we dove in and started participating in discussions. It used to be that some of the registered posters let the guests know that they were welcome to register and would be welcomed, (I haven't seen that in a while though).... so c'mon all you GUESTS, join in with your thoughts. Let's all try to play a part and hopefully get Mollie home. :):):)

I may come to regret how much faith I have in LE, but I feel they have so much that we don't know that they will one day just pop up with a press meeting and spill a lot of it out at the same time they announce they have the person that did it. I get that isn't always or rarely the case too.

I don't disagree with a random interaction, but one of my tentative theories is based on there potentially being an older married adult male - maybe an authority figure in her life - who has perhaps been grooming her for quite some time and maybe even seeing her at times "under the radar". Hey, it happens quite often to unsuspecting and impressionable young women, so I am definitely not implying that she is culpable in any way. With the kind of risk he'd be taking, there would likely be precautions that he would put in place, to include ensuring that leaving a digital footprint is next to impossible (there are messaging apps for this).

To continue with this theory, the fact that her boyfriend was out of town could've spawned the meetup that day. The fact that she was leaving in less than a week to go on a romantic jaunt with her boyfriend could've spawned some major discord that turned ugly. Likewise, this hypothetical person could have told his spouse he was working late, but perhaps she had already been suspicious of things and decided to follow him and confront.

In my view, we've seen this type of scenario play out too many times to discount it and/or make it off limits.

JMO.

There would be a record of their communications somewhere on her phone or computer. And she would possibly discuss it with a close friend. I could see her being casual friends with some older guy, and him possibly misinterpreting her intentions. Her brother said Mollie was nice to everyone. But I don't get that "secret affair" kind of vibe from Mollie's lifestyle. She is in college and seems to be focused,busy, happy and in love with DJ. She doesn't appear to have any real loose ends anywhere.

Is there a creepy young looking 27-40 year old, possibly divorced guy who hangs out with U of I kids? I think we have seen that type of perp before and they are known to the victim.
Yep, and I don't want to have my post snipped for specifics, but try looking for videos on the u toob.

I may come to regret how much faith I have in LE, but I feel they have so much that we don't know that they will one day just pop up with a press meeting and spill a lot of it out at the same time they announce they have the person that did it. I get that isn't always or rarely the case too.

I kind of feel the same way.....

Finding a puppy or kitten I'd say is the number one ploy to lure a child. Could work for an adult just as well. I think most people would agree, without having to do any research whatsoever .
I think a missing child would work better with MT. Someone could just pull up by her and tell her his 5 year old is missing and show her a picture to see if she's seen him/her. When she gets closer to look at the picture, she'd most likely be off guard and easy to grab and throw inside. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria