Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. Tier III just means that they have to verify residency quarterly rather than every six months (tier II) or annually (tier II). It could mean they pose a greater threat, but both of these guys have been busted for not updating residency in the past so my guess is that it's more related to that fact.

It doesn't sound like that is true. According to the Iowa Sex Offender registry website:
"Tier levels are based ONLY on the offense or offenses for which the person is currently registered"

So, why would somebody be given a Tier III designation in Iowa?
Well, according to Iowa Code § 692A.102. Sex Offense Classifications:

Tier III offenses include a conviction for the following sex offenses:

(1) Murder in violation of section 707.2 or 707.3 if sexual abuse as defined in section 709.1 is committed during the commission of the offense.

(2) Murder in violation of section 707.2 or 707.3, if a determination is made that the offense was sexually motivated pursuant to section 692A.126.

(3) Voluntary manslaughter in violation of section 707.4, if a determination is made that the offense was sexually motivated pursuant to section 692A.126.

(4) Involuntary manslaughter in violation of section 707.5, if a determination is made that the offense was sexually motivated pursuant to section 692A.126.

(5) Attempt to commit murder in violation of section 707.11, if a determination is made that the offense was sexually motivated pursuant to section 692A.126.

(6) Penetration of the genitalia or anus with an object in violation of section 708.2, subsection 5.

(7) Sexual abuse in the first degree in violation of section 709.2.

(8) Sexual abuse in the second degree in violation of section 709.3, subsection 1 or 3.

(9) Sexual abuse in the second degree in violation of section 709.3, subsection 2, if committed by a person fourteen years of age or older.

(10) Sexual abuse in the third degree in violation of section 709.4, subsection 1, 3, or 4, if committed by a person fourteen years of age or older.

(11) Sexual abuse in the third degree in violation of section 709.4, subsection 2, paragraph a or b , if committed by a person fourteen years of age or older.

(12) Lascivious acts with a child in violation of section 709.8, subsection 1 or 2.

(13) Kidnapping in violation of section 710.2 if sexual abuse as defined in section 709.1 is committed during the commission of the offense.

(14) Kidnapping of a minor in violation of section 710.2, 710.3, or 710.4, if a determination is made that the offense was sexually motivated pursuant to section 692A.126.

(15) Assault with intent to commit sexual abuse resulting in serious or bodily injury in violation of section 709.11.

(16) Burglary in the first degree in violation of section 713.3, subsection 1, paragraph d .

(17) Any other burglary in the first degree offense in violation of section 713.3 that is not included in subparagraph (16), if a determination is made that the offense was sexually motivated pursuant to section 692A.126.

(18) Attempted burglary in the first degree in violation of section 713.4, if a determination is made that the offense was sexually motivated pursuant to section 692A.126.

(19) Burglary in the second degree in violation of section 713.5, if a determination is made that the offense was sexually motivated pursuant to section 692A.126.

(20) Attempted burglary in the second degree in violation of section 713.6, if a determination is made that the offense was sexually motivated pursuant to section 692A.126.

(21) Burglary in the third degree in violation of section 713.6A, if a determination is made that the offense was sexually motivated pursuant to section 692A.126.

(22) Attempted burglary in the third degree in violation of section 713.6B, if a determination is made that the offense was sexually motivated pursuant to section 692A.126.

(23) Criminal transmission of human immunodeficiency virus in violation of section 709C.1, subsection 1, paragraph a .

(24) Human trafficking in violation of section 710A.2 if sexual abuse or assault with intent to commit sexual abuse is committed or sexual conduct or sexual contact is an element of the offense.

(25) Purchase or sale of an individual in violation of section 710.11 if a determination is made that the offense was sexually motivated pursuant to section 692A.126.

(26) Sexual exploitation of a minor in violation of section 728.12, subsection 1.

(27) Indecent contact with a child in violation of section 709.12 if the child is under thirteen years of age.

(28) Sexual exploitation by a counselor, therapist, or school employee in violation of section 709.15, if the child is under thirteen years of age.

(29) Sexual misconduct with offenders and juveniles in violation of section 709.16, if the child is under thirteen years of age.

(30) Child stealing in violation of section 710.5, if a determination is made that the offense was sexually motivated pursuant to section 692A.126.

(31) Enticing a minor in violation of section 710.10, if the violation includes an intent to commit sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, sexual contact, or sexual conduct directed towards a minor.

(32) Sex trafficking of children in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1591.

(33) Aggravated sexual abuse in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 2241.

(34) Sexual abuse in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 2242.

(35) Sexual abuse of a minor or ward in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 2243.

(36) Abusive sexual contact in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 2244.

(37) Offenses resulting in death in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 2245.

(38) Sexual exploitation of children in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 2251.

(39) Selling or buying of children in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 2251A.

(40) Any sex offense specified in the laws of another jurisdiction or any sex offense that may be prosecuted in federal, military, or foreign court, that is comparable to an offense listed in subparagraphs (1) through (39).

(41) Any sex offense under the prior laws of this state or another jurisdiction, or any sex offense under prior law that was prosecuted in federal, military, or foreign court, that is comparable to a sex offense listed in subparagraphs (1) through (39).

That is the exact pathway I felt Mollie would take and mentioned that pathway many threads ago. I have rethought that with the sighting on 2nd street, thinking her jog could have been longer to get in her full 30-45 minutes, although it could still have looped around that way.
I thought the same thing, and one of those dirt roads would likely be used to drive off with her, they wouldn't be seen by many, especially if it was getting dark.

If Mollie's dad really is going back to California like was mentioned in the last thread, even temporarily, that tells me that a significant break in the case isn't imminent after all.
I feel that he has done all he can do. He has said that he trusts law enforcement to be the experts. If and when they find Mollie, I'm sure he'll take the first flight back. He probably can't afford not to work, or was only given so much time off for family leave and doesn't want to lose his job if there isn't anything more he can do anyway. Perhaps they'll still interview him from Cali. Going to work will probably be good for him.

From an earlier discussion about the meaning of the 5 locations on the map ...

The FBI map of five dots does include a most Western dot that includes hwy 385 (point #2 on this map), which merges right to Des Moines. This route goes directly in front of Mollie's house-sit house. She jogged from the house-sit East on Des Moines, turned right on West Str and headed East on W. Pershing Dr.

I don't think there are any more verified sightings after that location, although early tips were that she was near the Funeral home (no direction given), and on 2nd Str heading West. I don't think she ran on the highway towards her mother's house. I think she typically took the pathway.

From the dots, the one on the top right caught my attention because it is a backroads intersection from Brooklyn towards Guernsey. From point 3 to 4 looks a bit like getting out of town fast.

There are two questions about July 18 between 5PM and 10PM, and in the early morning of July 19:
  • where was the abductor
  • where was Mollie
Each of the locations on the map relate to a request for information that may lead to the identity of the abductor, may confirm sightings of Mollie, and many indicate places where Mollie was with the abductor.

The two illustrations show 4/5 points on the map, and the pathway that Mollie would most likely take when jogging to her mother's house.

This! For two days now I've been trying to catch up and was hoping others would see the connection between the locations too. I am finally caught up! The location in the top right connects as a straight shot out of town (not past any businesses that I know of) and hops the interstate (no truck stop/no camera) There's something about those points of interest...either a sneaky route in or out avoiding cameras and another leading them in or out on camera (carwash & truckstop) The order has be baffled would the person want an alibi that they left town or an alibi that they came into town late?

Also if she did return home and do homework they likely would have tightened that timeline knowing where she was later in the evening!
LE is highly likely to be withholding from the public certain aspects of the case, including closer-in time frames. We don't know what evidence they've collected so far, nor how they will use it later in a court of law. MOO I think they are closing in on someone.

As for whether she made it home, remember that we don't have proof of that. As for not making it home? We don't have proof of that either. The only thing we know for certain is that at 7:30 she replied to a text from her mother and at 7:30 am she didn't reply to a text from her brother. We don't know that LE told DC Mollie made it home, he says they told him that but it's hasn't been confirmed. We really don't know why LE is looking at the 5 sites listed on the map, we can assume Mollie ran by them or it could just be that they are areas with cctv and remote areas. Literally the only thing we can be sure of is that some time between 7:30pm and 7:30am Mollie disappeared.
But remember the last witness saw her at 8:00. In my opinion, an abductor would choose to act when it is getting dark or dark. Like around 8: 30 or nine.

As a teacher I can attest to how crazy field trips are and because field trips are so hectic, you count on every hand you can get...especially if it’s another teacher. Mollie was probably assigned to be watching a group so that alone would have caused me panic if I had to scramble to find another adult to chaperone a group.
I agree. Seems like employer totally dropped the ball. I haven't been able to find a press quote that said anyone at the daycare left her a voicemail.

Endless discussion of the purpose of emergency contacts seems pointless IMO as employers use these contact numbers differently. Having worked at similar camps when I was MT age, I made the assumption (rightly or wrongly) that her employer would have similar attendance and headcount rules as they are dealing with children and security is important. Maybe someone at work left her a voicemail to see where she was or if she had car trouble, we simply don't know. But on the surface it seems like they dropped the ball as she was part of a small group of employees and was well known to be responsible and reliable. I am curious though if any other employees of the camp were missing that day? Would be an interesting question to have answered IMO.

There was quite a bit of discussion about how an LMS works shortly after Mollie disappeared. In fact, communication with a LMS does constitute two way communication simply because it requires a secure login first to the university server and then another secure login to the LMS. Once she is logged in, the university server communicates with her laptop and records activity, time stamps, and online pages that she accessed.

The only way that anyone could have accessed Mollie's course is if she logged in to both servers. That activity would be time stamped, and the communication between Mollie and her online course would be well documented.

We know that there was no credible communication with Mollie after she was jogging. On that basis, we know that she did not login to her online course and communicate with the online course content at the house-sit after she went jogging. Therefore, there is no evidence that she returned to the house-sit after jogging.

Regarding other forms of communication that do not leave a trace, such as ShapChat, we do know that a SnapChat was sent by Mollie at some point prior to her abduction.

Again, you are making a broad-sweeping assumption that LE means no credible communications at all rather than no human communications. And with TWO interviewed witnesses both claiming that LE told them that they had electronic data from her Fitbit and/or her school server indicating that A) she made it home and B) she attempted to do some homework, then I would argue that my interpretation of what they are saying is more accurate.

We know a SnapChat was sent due to an eyewitness (her boyfriend), not because LE has an electronic record of it, so why give this eyewitness more weight than the other two?

JMO.

Not sure I'm understanding "the Fitbit won't do anything by itself" the way you meant it, but the article I shared from Runner's World did have a quote in it that LE doesn't 'always need the device to sync to a computer to be able to pull data'.
I read that article too, but I think at the minimum, if not synced, they would have to have the device itself.

I thought it was only 2 days later, but just didn't get to MSM until 2 weeks later.
He has posted his FB posts from much earlier in the disappearance saga again to show that he didn't wait the 2 weeks before going to MSM or police. If someone can explain why the locals are going onto FB to report seeing MT or reporting crimes I'd appreciate understanding why this is happening as he isn't the first to go to FB first. But maybe they all know that LE is 1+ hr away and they have a better shot at getting help from a neighbor in the interim vs waiting for sheriff.

Please use the "Reply" button so the quote you are responding to will show in your post. Otherwise, we have no idea what you are responding to.
THANK YOU. I have unfollowed so many it's hard to know what's what at times.

Anyone believing MT could have "simply run away" if someone stopped in a vehicle to abduct her while she was jogging might not realize that if a perp's intention to abduct is stronger than a victim's capability to flee then that victim likely will end up abducted.

Skip ahead to the 2:30 mark to see an abduction...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x