Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if she left the document open while on her run, wouldn't it continue to auto save and timestamp without her intervention?
I don't believe so. Not unless she did keystrokes on the doc. My computer isn't up all night resaving my docs & timestamping them every few minutes unless I have them open & physically working on them.

So, is this information from the Inside Edition timeline about her doing computer work until late into the evening not accurate? I haven't been able to read all of the posts and just joined this case recently, so I apologize if this has been discussed. If it is accurate, that would probably mean she wasn't taken on her run.

Saturday, July 28

New evidence revealed Tibbetts was doing homework on her computer late into the evening July 18, loved ones told KCCI-TV.

Authorities declined to release a specific time, saying it could hinder the investigation.

Mollie Tibbetts Case: What to Know About the Iowa College Student Missing for 4 Weeks

True, but usually LE would go out of their way to refute something so critical if they weren't virtually certain of it. This makes 2 people now - one witness who saw her jogging and this brother - that we know LE has told this to.

If she did make it home and do homework, this changes everything for me. If she did, she likely left to go out with someone. And that someone could've been a quite careful middle-aged married male with similar interests and perhaps even a degree of authority over her. We see these types of men groom and take advantage of young women all the time, only usually the only things that go missing are self-confidence and self-respect. Sometimes, though, things get out of hand. Maybe the wife found out. Who knows?

SUPER INTERSTING THOUGHT! Chandra Levy was having a secret relationship with Gary Condit and nobody knew, not even her best of friends. She was keeping that under wraps to protect him... so one never knows what MT was up to or who she could have agree to meet.

There is no "pulling the battery" in an iPhone.

...only if you intend on ever using the phone again. I grew up opening oysters, an Iphone ain't jack. Also, I believe that I pointed out in my post that this very concern is why God gave us hammers (tire irons, rocks, boots, et al) and closed metal cans (AKA a Faraday cage - like a sealed metal paint can half filled with rocks and thrown into a rain filled creek), but I still prefer the smashed, baked pieces at the bottom of a coal mine. I will point out for the pedantic (and Sheldons out there) that beating on a Lithium battery is not a good idea, so don't do it in your vehicle or around any sign that says 'Infammatory' or 'No Feugo"...the plus side being that if you do manage to ignite the battery, good luck with anyone EVER pulling forensic evidence off of that hot mess (another good reason to have a handy empty paint can).

This! For two days now I've been trying to catch up and was hoping others would see the connection between the locations too. I am finally caught up! The location in the top right connects as a straight shot out of town (not past any businesses that I know of) and hops the interstate (no truck stop/no camera) There's something about those points of interest...either a sneaky route in or out avoiding cameras and another leading them in or out on camera (carwash & truckstop) The order has be baffled would the person want an alibi that they left town or an alibi that they came into town late?

My guess is that Mollie was abducted during her run, and the abductor immediately left Brooklyn, choosing back roads rather than main highways. That would take Mollie and the Abductor East on 385 ave, and the next location for Mollie and the abductor would be the right bottom dot. After that point, her digital communication stopped.

Oh dear, remians found on Jake’s thread...

I doubt having the Vice President of the United States praying for Mollie's safe return is a relaxing vibe for those responsible for having her stay lost or who know something they should share with LE.

I find that each person is comforted by different things, however a kind word is almost always appreciated ...

Again, you are making a broad-sweeping assumption that LE means no credible communications at all rather than no human communications. And with TWO interviewed witnesses both claiming that LE told them that they had electronic data from her Fitbit and/or her school server indicating that A) she made it home and B) she attempted to do some homework, then I would argue that my interpretation of what they are saying is more accurate.

We know a SnapChat was sent due to an eyewitness (her boyfriend), not because LE has an electronic record of it, so why give this eyewitness more weight than the other two?

JMO.

BBM

Do you believe that LE would give this info to two random witnesses? I sure hope they wouldn't! Given how protective of details LE were in the last PC, I hope no rogue officers let such delicate info out.

I don't believe so. Not unless she did keystrokes on the doc. My computer isn't up all night resaving my docs & timestamping them every few minutes unless I have them open & physically working on them.

The software will autosave if the operating system is running and not in energy-save or sleep mode.

I read through this thread and didn’t see if anyone heard Nancy Grace podcast today. Basically putting it out there for a pro bono defense attorney to offer a defense for potential abductor if Mollie is still alive. Like let her go, you’ll get help. ....
or is NG considered unreliable news source?
What are thoughts? I’d say whatever works.

BBM

Do you believe that LE would give this info to two random witnesses? I sure hope they wouldn't! Given how protective of details LE were in the last PC, I hope no rogue officers let such delicate info out.

They weren't random witnesses. One was a man on her jogging route that they interviewed because he claims he saw her (and knows she and her family well, IIRC), and the other was the brother of her boyfriend.

What are the odds of both making this virtually identical claim if it didn't occur?

JMO.

My guess is that Mollie was abducted during her run, and the abductor immediately left Brooklyn, choosing back roads rather than main highways. That would take Mollie and the Abductor East on 385 ave, and the next location for Mollie and the abductor would be the right bottom dot. After that point, her digital communication stopped.

This is what I said too. It takes 30 seconds her and disable the phone and gone...

Anyone believing MT could have "simply run away" if someone stopped in a vehicle to abduct her while she was jogging might not realize that if a perp's intention to abduct is stronger than a victim's capability to flee then that victim likely will end up abducted.

Skip ahead to the 2:30 mark to see an abduction...

Just FYI, it wasn't a real abduction in the clip. The people were her family members.
Also, Mollie doesn't look like the type that can be easily abducted. She's a healthy, active athlete. JMO

...only if you intend on ever using the phone again. I grew up opening oysters, an Iphone ain't jack. Also, I believe that I pointed out in my post that this very concern is why God gave us hammers (tire irons, rocks, boots, et al) and closed metal cans (AKA a Faraday cage - like a sealed metal paint can half filled with rocks and thrown into a rain filled creek), but I still prefer the smashed, baked pieces at the bottom of a coal mine. I will point out for the pedantic (and Sheldons out there) that beating on a Lithium battery is not a good idea, so don't do it in your vehicle or around any sign that says 'Infammatory' or 'No Feugo"...the plus side being that if you do manage to ignite the battery, good luck with anyone EVER pulling forensic evidence off of that hot mess (another good reason to have a handy empty paint can).

A foil chip bag works too

I read through this thread and didn’t see if anyone heard Nancy Grace podcast today. Basically putting it out there for a pro bono defense attorney to offer a defense for potential abductor if Mollie is still alive. Like let her go, you’ll get help. ....
or is NG considered unreliable news source?
What are thoughts? I’d say whatever works.

Interesting. Thank you for mentioning it. May I trouble you to post it. I've heard the previous podcast off these threads. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
There are two guys on the registry anywhere near her route, both committed their offenses when they were 13.
Someone posted an article the other night about an estimated number of sex offenders in Iowa that for whatever reason haven't been registered. I cannot find that article anywhere and have searched and searched. If anyone can relink to here that would be helpful. The other statement someone made last night that I keep thinking about is the relatively high percentage of renters that lived in Brooklyn. I still can't say I have a handle on this town at all. But maybe the high percentage of renters means that people come and go and folks don't really know each other all that well? Curious if the real estate is owned by some of the original families in town that now live elsewhere. Renter populations are somewhat different vs owner occupied populations. I'm wondering if one of these rentals is where someone who isn't well known to neighbors could be holding MT right now? Just a thought....

Just FYI, it wasn't a real abduction in the clip. The people were her family members.
Also, Mollie doesn't look like the type that can be easily abducted. She's a healthy, active athlete. JMO
I completely disagree. A 120 pound young woman doesn’t stand a chance against an average guy, especially if he has the element of surprise, regardless of her fitness level.

This is from a month ago. Thank you Warwick7, for the reminder and for being here with us for Mollie.
This is from a month ago. Thank you Warwick7, for the reminder and for being here with us for Mollie.
True but it was in response to a question. I had never seen that particular article and found there was an extensive amount of information. As far as I can tell everything is still relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gypsy0147