Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the weather like that night...would it have been too muddy to travel off of the gravel roads, such as into a pasture, wildlife area, dirt road, river dikes/berms without having 4x4 pickup/vehicle???

For all we know the Snapchat could have been sent at 9:45.

TRUE as LE has not released this yet,the snap time and date likely was discovered.

Below- a quote from an article about LE and SnapChat AcctS

"For instance, if you sent me a picture of your dog last week and your Snapchat records were acquired through a search warrant, it would show that you sent me a message and at what time, but would not show that it was a picture of your do"

Yes, they could do that. But no one will know unless they have access to the device that it is synced with, like a cell phone or tablet, or they insert the fitbit into the dongle on a computer and sync the information into the fitbit website.
No I mean grab it put it on and wear it pretending to the person they kidnapped or killed.

Can a perp take off someone's FitBit and wear it? So as to make it look like the person is still alive?
They could, but the cell phone with its app would have to be on for it to sync to the app. Otherwise only the device itself would display the steps. I don’t even know if Fitbit headquarters would have access to data that is not synced.

I just wonder if the perp knew Mollie was going to be staying alone because vehicles weren’t outside the house that normally were at that time and the perp knew it would buy him time. He possibly knew people wouldn’t immediately be out looking for Mollie if she didn’t come home from her run. Why was Mollie attacked on that night and not another night? Was it just bad luck at the hands of a random stranger or did the perp know that tonight was the night to strike?

Excellent point. The lack of "usual" cars in driveway and lights on inside would indicate MT could very well be alone.

I think of this every time my spouse is away, only my vehicle in driveway and the other missing. I usually sleep with one eye open, convinced every creek or random noise is a SK coming for me. I have a love/hate relationship with true crime.

reading here, signed in here, posting here...it normaly doesn't bother me...tonight I went in the bathroom and had to run for my life before my shower curtain had the chance to get me....

I wouldn't be too shocked if it has happened in cases, but I would think a perp would be more likely to just be lurking as a guest than take the time and trouble to register and join. I assume it is still the case, but when I joined, a traceable email address was required (not a yahoo.com). Then again, it would not be uncommon for a perp to try to further interject himself into a case, so who knows.

Last edited:
TRUE as LE has not released this yet,the snap time and date likely was discovered.

Below- a quote from an article about LE and SnapChat AcctS

"For instance, if you sent me a picture of your dog last week and your Snapchat records were acquired through a search warrant, it would show that you sent me a message and at what time, but would not show that it was a picture of your do"

Couple that with what LE said on the Finding Mollie web site about her last communications, and it would be reasonable to say the Snapchat to her bf was sent sometime around 7:30.

In your example, I'm not sure how LE could determine "active" from "inactive". Seems that they would be seeing the 11pm active status as well. Doesn't mean she was physically there and typing at 11pm, but without pre-existing software on her local machine, how does one determine whether she was or wasn't?

JMO.
How long does the chat status stay " active" if you are not using it? Just wondered because whenever I have taken an online course it logs out after 30 mins of no activity. I don't have any idea if FB or other SM works the same way.

As for the Fitbit, it would record her racing heart beat right? Then what would happen? Does the battery die like a cell phone?

The perp could be on here posting or watching, but so can (and probably are) the investigators. I'm sure they key in on certain posters, maybe even converse with them. So I guess it works both ways.
I hope investigators are here. We are SMARTTTT :) I even saw on some thread on another site someone saying “OMG WEBSLEUTHS ARE ALREADY ON THREAD 19!” It made me chuckle.. so I’m certain that brought over some newbies.

Certainly possible!!
Is it possible to open an account under one name, close it, then open an account under another user name without being detected? In other words, could someone do that and be completely untraceable?

The forum software is being worked on and I have not been able to moderate some posts on the previous thread. Some posts are pushing up to the line on not being victim friendly with insinuations and disparaging family members.

Be mindful that Websleuths is a victim friendly site and post accordingly or face the loss of posting privileges.

Bumping Harmony's post from the first page.

Please don't get this thread shut down again. Thanks.

Excellent point. The lack of "usual" cars in driveway and lights on inside would indicate MT could very well be alone.

I think of this every time my spouse is away, only my vehicle in driveway and the other missing. I usually sleep with one eye open, convinced every creek or random noise is a SK coming for me. I have a love/hate relationship with true crime.

get some quality cctv cameras and a dvr that you can watch from your phone...the cost really isn't all that bad for them compared to the relief that they are there and you can just open a app n have a quick peak. the labor for install is where they get you when you buy a system, just put it in yourself. it isn't hard, if you can hook a dvd player to a tv you can hook cameras up with just a little learning. and your husband could use the app to look in on you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3