Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's helpful to look back over some things from the beginning with fresh eyes. Some things reported and claimed early on were contradictory, but I think there is some level of truth in all of it.

July 18:
- The times 5:30pm, 7:30pm, and 10:00pm come up over and over again, so these times are important. For the 5:30pm time, there are some reports that this is when her brother dropped her off at the house, but there are also neighbors who initially said they saw her jogging already at this time (FM FB page). At 7:30pm, there are also sightings of her jogging, and this is around the time she texted with her mom. Initially, there were reports that she started jogging at 10pm, then there were reports that this is when the BF opened the SC message. This is also the time some reports associate with her doing homework and others claim it was the last cell phone ping. Either way, 5:30pm, 7:30pm, and 10:00pm are key times, which probably explain why they are looking for people who saw things between 5pm and 10pm.

July 19:
- Some reports have her wearing a red shirt, jean shorts, and sandals. Some reports have her wearing running gear. Some reports say she could be wearing either. (I think the important question here is what made them initially think she was wearing a different outfit.)
- There is also a mention on the Finding Mollie FB page that Mollie's aunt claimed that they found her headphones and water bottle at the house, so the assumption is that she made it home after the run. This was posted by a local who was at the fire department helping out with the searches. (Now, this may be inaccurate for a number of reasons, but it could explain why the searches focused mostly on the field between the BF's house and her mom's house.)

July 20:
- Pictures are posted on the FM FB page by locals of a K-9 unit searching 385th, which is the gravel road next to the BF's house. (This road is one of the red dots on the new police map.)
- People on the FM FB page start asking about the FitBit data. There are conversations in the comments between family members and locals about passing this info on to the cops. At one point, a family member states that the cops are now working on getting access to the FitBit info.
- Locals who have been conducting and assisting with the search parties are told by the police that there will be no more searches as law enforcement is now pursuing a new direction. (Is it possible that they either got access to the FitBit info that fast, or maybe someone in her inner circle knew her password and was able to access it on a laptop, and this information told them something that caused them to cease looking in Brooklyn?)

July 21:
- DCI (Division of Criminal Investigation) gets involved in the case.
- The family says the day was spent mostly on the tech front (investigating social media, computers, etc.) as per their update on the FM FB page.
- Family and friends hold a candlelight prayer vigil.

July 22:
- Posters/fliers are shared on the FM FB page that indicate a red shirt that belongs to Mollie is missing.

July 23:
- FBI gets involved.
- The discussion about her glasses/contacts being left in the house starts popping up on the FB page and in some MSM news articles.

July 25:
- Mollie's mom gives an interview where she says they are "pretty sure" she made it home after her run.

July 26:
- DCI clarifies the timeline by saying that the brother dropped Mollie off at 5:30pm, but then they go on to say that she either went for a run at 7:30pm or 8:00pm, and they believe she made it home safely. (It is important to point out that a neighbor who lives just a couple of houses down the street from the BF told news outlets that when the police questioned him about whether or not he saw Mollie jog past his house, they told him that they had proof she made it home safely after the run.)
- LE searches the pig farm.

July 27:
- Mollie's mom gives another interview where she says they were told one FBI agent would come out to help, but that it ended up being 15, and they were then told to expect even more.
- News reports that two farms are searched, one with a K-9 unit.
- DCI states that they are extremely confident in the digital footprint they have uncovered.

July 30:
- Certain members of Mollie's family claim to still believe that she made it back to the house because they were told that there is evidence she was doing homework on her laptop later that evening.

August 2:
- A red shirt is found near the pig farm that was searched earlier.

August 3:
- Mollie's mom gives an interview where she says that she no longer believes Mollie made it back to the house because the dogs were in the basement. She also says that all of the red shirts are accounted for and that the running clothes are still missing. (What happened that changed her mind?)

Thank you for doing all that research and sharing it with all of us.

<modsnipped quoted post>
He went to work at 4:30 AM and worked in construction all day. I would not be surprised if he fell asleep on the work site. Not that anyone said he did. Just that 9:45 PM, when someone has to get back up at 4:30 is a reasonable time to fall asleep.
And on top of that when traveling, construction workers tend to work longer days so they don’t have to pay for as many hotel/motel nights, and get it done quicker so they can get back to their families.

If the perp is here, he should be scared ****less that we WS'ers can get this far on little to no "inside" information. If we can do this, just imagine what LE is doing. If he is not caught soon, which I think he will be, he will spend the rest of his days looking over his shoulder and wondering when karma will catch up. Because it always does, one way or another.

I don't know about untraceable, but we had a VI banned on a case I follow in MI (Ally Brueger) who then came back under a different name - but was very obviously still him. Banned again and thread locked until further notice.

I guess I am not making my request clear. Why was Mollie's last clothing description changed from pink sport bra and black capris to denim shorts and a t shirt? TIA.

Someone wouldn't need a password necessarily to look for the last activity on a computer. I'm assuming she left the computer open. Again, that word "assumption". EDIT: She was staying in the house by herself. She probably left it open. Even if she didn't, I bet she shared the computer with DJ, or that DJ could figure out her password easily enough. Most people use a pet name in some form, a birthday, etc.
Ethical hackers can obtain a password very quickly.
Piece of cake. It happens to me all of the time.... it’s a joke in my home.

Last edited:
If the perp is here, he should be scared ****less that we WS'ers can get this far on little to no "inside" information.

Get how far? So far we've narrowed it down to either someone Mollie knew or a stranger, young or old, male or (possibly) female, abducted at home or while jogging. That's not really "far."

I believe the red shirts are also not mentionable.
I don't think it is "unmentionable", but at some point there was so much speculation about it that it was finally put to rest.

Do the online classes have lectures or podcasts? Something you have to listen to? I was wondering if Mollie was listening to a podcast, via her phone, while running. It was a Roman Civ class.
The online courses I took had classes that were live which had a Q&A session after the lesson. For those who couldn't be there at that time, there were videos available to watch including the Q&A part. There was also a discussion board section where people discussed/debated what was said during the lectures, comments on the assignments, etc. We could text with other student about assignments, horrid teachers or whatever, and some did exchange numbers and speak on the phone while working on an occasional group project. Most of the lectures were videos which included slide presentations or whiteboard drawings, but that's not necessarily how all schools do it, and she could probably get most of the relevant information from sound only. MOO

I guess I am not making my request clear. Why was Mollie's last clothing description changed from pink sport bra and black capris to denim shorts and a t shirt? TIA.
It's the other way around. That description has been on the top of every new thread since thread one. See the post where it's titled "What we know" at the beginning of the thread. It's about as complete as can be with what we've been allowed to know.

And on top of that when traveling, construction workers tend to work longer days so they don’t have to pay for as many hotel/motel nights, and get it done quicker so they can get back to their families.
A lot of Construction Companies pay travel time & offer bonuses say if you have job taking 16 hours & you get it done in 12 you get added bonuses. Depends on the Company you work for.

I don't think there was a change. Everything I read or heard was pink bra and black bottoms

Get how far? So far we've narrowed it down to either someone Mollie knew or a stranger, young or old, male or (possibly) female, abducted at home or while jogging. That's not really "far."
On the contrary, I think some excellent, plausible theories have played out here. MOO. Edited to add, *eternal optimist*

I don't know what the family initially said regarding what Mollie would have been wearing when she went missing, but they may have assumed that she disappeared in the morning while preparing to go to work. If that was the case, she would have been wearing her red work t-shirt because it was a special field trip day for the daycare.

At some point, after police received tips, and the family looked for Mollie's clothing, it was confirmed that her jogging clothing were missing.

If there was a change of facts regarding what she was wearing, it was because new information emerged and police updated that information.

I am not sure how to quote but this is copied from Page 1 of this thread.

MISSING PERSON. 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts is missing. Last seen on 7/19/18 possibly wearing denim shorts and a red t shirt. Last seen in Brooklyn. If you have any information please call 641 623-5679.

Denim shorts and a red t-shirt, back to my question, when did the clothing description change from pink sports bra and black capris.

I don't know about untraceable, but we had a VI banned on a case I follow in MI (Ally Brueger) who then came back under a different name - but was very obviously still him. Banned again and thread locked until further notice.

What does VI mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members