Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone seems to fancy the idea of a single serial killer for these crimes. Why are we not considering the fact that Evansdale/ Delphi/ Brooklyn could very well be a GROUP of individuals acting together? The case of Brooke Bennett comes to mind.... a 12 year old girl who was raped and murdered in 2008 in Colorado. The murderer used a 14 yr old female accomplice ( who he had also been sexually assaulting) to lure Brooke, who spoke of being initiated into a "sex society" of men who rape children. Yes I know its horrible to think that, but the fact that it's horrible doesn't make it any less possible.

MT's disappearance could be the work of a single serial killer. It could also be the work of a group of people acting together. ALL scenarios must be considered and investigated.

I've suspected previously that Lyric and Elizabeth were abducted by at least two individuals. In earlier threads, it was discussed the similarities to Kathlynn and Dezi (Dezi escaped), but Kathlynn's killer offed himself. I've wondered if he was working with someone else. Could also explain why they only grabbed one girl this time.

On the one hand I agree. Right after college ended I was back in my hometown running one day, and my old HS basketball coach happened to drive by, stopped and said hi, and I wound up getting in his car to talk and catch up. He was a really nice guy, who I totally trusted. In Mollie's case, if it was an old teacher, etc and it went south, I think this person would be a serious creep who others in town would have had issues with and who would be suspected pretty quickly.

The scenario you are describing is the exact sort of scenario I am envisaging. Im not saying you are wrong but why would he have to be outwardly creepy? Many seemingly normal socially competent persons harbour dark fantasies (Paedophilia, rape, murder etc)

Jus
Also a question I have not seen an answer to - did anyone ever run with her?
Just from me spending COUNTLESS hours reading thru her SM pages, I saw many little comments about her still running and training for a 1/2. I saw that in High School she tended to run with teammates. I never saw and recent posts of her running with anyone or saying so. More recently it seemed she ran alone?? Again that’s from me going DEEP into her pages, following a comment a friend made, reading under that thread that led to another comment by Mollie. Someone said a few pages back that it would be REAL hard for LE to sift through all of her SM accounts. The trails of side threads takes you all over. It’s dizzying. Also as a mother of a 22 year old girl, we walked around Oakland and SF all hours. Now we were informed by our new local peeps that hey, one street over after dark and ur in deep danger. Again, you do get complacent and cozy in routine. Also in a small community like hers. You never think it can happen to your town... If you check on posts from her very close friends, there is a little info that makes me say hmmmm.. there are pics of massive searches by friends and family in many fields, corn, back roads, etc..

Could she have left on Pershing and come back the same way and that just hasn’t been mentioned? Because if that is the last road she was seen on, but the first witness saw her at 7:30 and there were two more sightings after that, it doesn’t make sense

The scenario you are describing is the exact sort of scenario I am envisaging. Im not saying you are wrong but why would he have to be outwardly creepy? Many seemingly normal socially competent persons harbour dark fantasies (Paedophilia, rape, murder etc)
True, I understand your point. I just think someone who was that creepy and who had regular interactions with young people (like a teacher or coach) would have had earlier episodes of noticeable aberrant behavior before escalating to something this drastic -- a kidnapping and possible murder. But it is possible, and would explain how she got in a vehicle with no noticeable signs -- screaming, blood -- at the scene that others were aware of. Certainly possible, but I'm leaning towards a stranger. Although how a stranger managed to get her in a vehicle is still something I can't understand.

Hi otto
Looking at the map and reading your posts about the similarities, I am starting to buy into the theory that there might be a connection between Mollie's case and the Evansdale killings. It would explain the huge FBI presence and keeping information close to the vest.

Below is an LE profile of the Evandsale perp:
  • The suspect may have been experiencing stress related to legal troubles, spousal problems, employment difficulties, financial strain or mental health issues in July 2012.
  • The suspect may avoid discussing the case or showing interest in the matter but is likely following developments in the media.
  • The offender may have attempted to abduct children or adults in the past.
  • Following the disappearance, the suspect may have altered his or her physical appearance, such as changing hair style and facial hair. The offender’s vehicle may also have been altered with a new paint job or re-upholstery.
  • The offender blends in with and may be part of the Evansdale, Bremer and surrounding communities.
  • It is unlikely that the offender is a transient or someone who was merely traveling or passing through the area.
  • The suspect likely used quiet coercion to gain the girls’ compliance into leaving Meyers Lake, using a ruse or threats of violence.

I guess LE should be looking at persons who moved from the Evansdale area to near/in Brooklyn...

I can't answer all of those questions, and someone may already have but I believe her brother picked her up from work ( as she didn't like to drive) and dropped her off. He was planning on picking her up the next morning to take her to work, as he texted her and asked if she still needed a ride to work. When she didn't respond, he assumed she got a ride. Who this could be is not known. Whoever it was ( if there was someone) did not let anyone know she wasn't there and there has been no mention of this so I believe she was counting on him to pick her up. Hope that helps.
I appreciate your taking the time to address my questions. But now I have to wonder why the speculation on picking the car up from her mom’s the night before if in fact her brother was supposed to pick her up in the morning. And I thought his text was to see if she needed a ride home from work not to work. Sigh - more confusion.

Below is an LE profile of the Evandsale perp:

I guess LE should be looking at persons who moved from the Evansdale area to near/in Brooklyn...

That is an extremely close profile to what they gave in the last PC. However, it is pretty general, I feel. Though LE specified "children or adults" in the Evansdale profile - so that means they have reason to believe the perp may not be fixated on children.

Also something I am looking at in regards to similar locations around Brooklyn compared to the Evandale/Delphi cases are nature wildlife preserves, hunting fishing habitats. Both of those cases the girls were found in a wildlife preserve, next to water.

Poweshiek Wildlife Areas - Poweshiek Conservation

Something to consider when looking at routes into and out of Brooklyn.
JMO

Thank you for asking that again gliving. I also asked that question, but never got a response.

It also makes more sense when Mollie's Dad said in a statement, "She doesn't drive.", that "borrowing" the car meant needing to borrow her brother driving the car that they co-owned.
I don't remember reading that MT Dad said that MT didn't drive. The interview I saw was him talking about how she wasn't the best driver.

That is an extremely close profile to what they gave in the last PC. However, it is pretty general, I feel. Though LE specified "children or adults" in the Evansdale profile - so that means they have reason to believe the perp may not be fixated on children.

You’re right about generalities. There are certain things that are true for most profiles. A precipitating stressor (breakup, job loss), change in appearance, drinking more, obsession with case (or the opposite), and unexplained absences during the time of the event.

Could she have left on Pershing and come back the same way and that just hasn’t been mentioned? Because if that is the last road she was seen on, but the first witness saw her at 7:30 and there were two more sightings after that, it doesn’t make sense
How so? Wondering what's on your mind...

I may be wrong here, but I think Feds come in when there is a need to access devices like phones etc.

The FBI can be requested by local LE for a number of reasons, if the local authorities feel they need assistance. Tech support is one means of assistance, but the FBI has a very robust search and rescue team that is also available. Way up post there was a list of available services and reasons that the FBI would provide assistance; it was long and fairly exhaustive.

I'm just really wondering though if she really isn't underground w because of the absolute lack of evidence leading LE to be so tight lipped. And would also lead to ANY POI (which we don't have either) to be able to act normal, move freely around town and even be reading this forum. (that statement just gave me the shivers)

I'm just really wondering though if she really isn't underground w because of the absolute lack of evidence leading LE to be so tight lipped. And would also lead to ANY POI (which we don't have either) to be able to act normal, move freely around town and even be reading this forum. (that statement just gave me the shivers)

She could just as easily be in an attic with charcoal filters to mask the scent

The path from Evansdale to Brooklyn is virtually vertical. The Evansdale girls were found virtually vertical north of Evansdale so where would that perp place MT, farther south, or north of Brooklyn?

Attachments

• evansdale - brooklyn.png
    evansdale - brooklyn.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors