Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate your taking the time to address my questions. But now I have to wonder why the speculation on picking the car up from her mom’s the night before if in fact her brother was supposed to pick her up in the morning. And I thought his text was to see if she needed a ride home from work not to work. Sigh - more confusion.
I think she was either going to get the car if she was planning on going there for dinner, or if not, her brother was planning on picking her up if she wasn't. In the beginning, it was stated in an article that her brother texted her to see if she still needed a ride to work. In another article it appeared as " he texted her to see if she needed a ride home. " So 2 articles saying different things, but, in another interview it was stated that the brother saw that the car was there in the morning and then sent the text. That's why I think it was referring to that morning and getting TO work. Mollie had a licence, but didn't like to drive and her dad stated she wasn't a good driver.

So, did anyone else notice that her personal FB profile picture changed today? Also, May 10 to July 18 is missing from her timeline. I have screen grabs of them from a weeks ago so they WERE visible. My thoughts?? FBI has control of her page? That seems like they are on to something.. JMO, also, way back on 7/20 as I was seeing the news, I grabbed screen shots of her page and comments to read after work. Two very very close friends of the family posted TWO times and roads they themselves saw her running on that afternoon. One was gravel.. Now, I WOULD LOVE to list the roads and times, but I don’t think I can post a link from the family friends that posted those comments.. a friend did tell them to call LE ASAP. At that time, they were still posting MT moms personal phone number and DJ’s I believe. So early stages.. thoughts? I hope I’m not breaking a rule?? :/

So, did anyone else notice that her personal FB profile picture changed today? Also, May 10 to July 18 is missing from her timeline. I have screen grabs of them from a weeks ago so they WERE visible. My thoughts?? FBI has control of her page? That seems like they are on to something.. JMO, also, way back on 7/20 as I was seeing the news, I grabbed screen shots of her page and comments to read after work. Two very very close friends of the family posted TWO times and roads they themselves saw her running on that afternoon. One was gravel.. Now, I WOULD LOVE to list the roads and times, but I don’t think I can post a link from the family friends that posted those comments.. a friend did tell them to call LE ASAP. At that time, they were still posting MT moms personal phone number and DJ’s I believe. So early stages.. thoughts? I hope I’m not breaking a rule?? :/

You assign someone to maintain your account in the event you can't. There is an option to do so

There is no other explanation to support the extreme FBI involvement in the MT case plus the $400,000 reward other than to conclude LE believes the MT perp has done this before and likely will act again. Has the nearby abduction/murder case in Evansdale set a foreboding precedent of what we might expect with the MT case regarding who is(are) the perp(s)?

The Evansdale girls' bodies were not discovered until five months had passed. We won't know if the SK has honed his craft to such a degree that MT will never be found but it might not matter since finding the Evansdale girls' bodies did not help LE to identify a perp.

Maybe the perp travels out of state? I doubt it. The perp is likely staying where he's (statistically male) been successful.

How long until the SK needs to once again satisfy their craving?

Last edited:
I'm still seeing the same profile photo...the one with her and 2 other girls and her mom's comment that says, "Keep on running girls. It will get you through good times and bad." Strangely ironic, and sad.

I think she was either going to get the car if she was planning on going there for dinner, or if not, her brother was planning on picking her up if she wasn't. In the beginning, it was stated in an article that her brother texted her to see if she still needed a ride to work. In another article it appeared as " he texted her to see if she needed a ride home. " So 2 articles saying different things, but, in another interview it was stated that the brother saw that the car was there in the morning and then sent the text. That's why I think it was referring to that morning and getting TO work. Mollie had a licence, but didn't like to drive and her dad stated she wasn't a good driver.

...and, in this context it could also mean 'do you need a ride to come here (home) so that you can leave with the car', e.g. 'do you need a ride to the car'. I think it is pretty clear that he texted MT at 7:30 a.m. because she had to be at work for 8:00 am, and the car was still at the mom's home.

Last edited:
There is no other explanation to support the extreme FBI involvement in the MT case plus the $400,000 reward other than to conclude LE believes the MT perp has done this before and likely will act again. Has the nearby abduction/murder case in Evansdale set a foreboding precedent of what we might expect with the MT case regarding who is(are) the perp(s)?

The Evansdale girls' bodies were not discovered until five months had passed. We won't know if the SK has honed his craft to such a degree that MT will never be found but it might not matter since finding the Evansdale girls' bodies did not help LE to identify a perp.

Maybe the perp travels out of state? I doubt it. The perp is likely staying where's he's (statistically male) been successful.

How long until the SK needs to once again satisfy their craving?

I disagree on the reward. It was privately raised. In one of the early press conferences her mother said they used to live in San Francisco and have [wealthy] friends who wanted to help. It has nothing to do with the seriousness of the case, just the resources of the victim's family.

I also find it strange that there didn't appear to be concern when the text didn't have a response considering she had to go to work.

Mollie and her brothers age group can be very "willy nilly" with plans in general. I can speak with some authority here as I'm the parent of humans this age. Gathering mosquitos is easier than getting concrete answers regarding plans/dates/times.

Yes but it doesn't say she's actually going to run a marathon or that she's training for one. If her boyfriend said her runs are 45 minutes normally, I'd go with that (MOO). I believe he's giving the most accurate info.

Is that 45 minutes of solid running?

If her "workout" routine is 45 minutes, it might be 5 min. of stretching in the driveway, followed by a 3.1 mile run (x-country distance) at 10 min/mile, then a 10 min. walk to cool down (~0.5 mile). This is what my daughter refers to as her 45 min. workout.

I disagree on the reward. It was privately raised. In one of the early press conferences her mother said they used to live in San Francisco and have [wealthy] friends who wanted to help. It has nothing to do with the seriousness of the case, just the resources of the victim's family.

I realize about family friends wanting to help, but I have to assume LE has encouraged the reward; $400,000 is unusual.

That's exactly the road I was asking about earlier. I don't know if anyone answered me, I mentioned that gravel road and asked if that one led straight to Grinnel. I'm sure one of those roads do. If I remember correctly from the videos of Brooklyn it's a long road that actually turns into a dirt road and looks pretty isolated. But no one can seem to confirm it. I'm just wondering if that's the road you are referring to. It's before you get to the house she was staying.

Is it possible for LE to keep tabs on the property searched in case the poi returns to gather evidence? I feel like the perpetrator would go back to make sure his tracks were covered. Moo.
I don't know about the legalities involved in that but it sure makes sense.

You're very welcome. I think it is possible the three cases may all be related. Of those I think there is more chance the Delphi and Evansdale murders are related. Those sets of victims look so much alike. But I'd not rule out all three cases are one serial killer.

moo
Unfortunately it's looking like that IMO. But this time I'm not sure if he's going to get away with it.

There are actually 2 roads in that area (near house where she was staying) that I was interested in. The reason is because they are more secluded and since they are near her house as well as the turn( on right in video) to her moms house. If she was towards the end of her run she may have been in that general vicinity around 8:00 or 8:30, when some predict is the time she went missing.

The path from Evansdale to Brooklyn is virtually vertical. The Evansdale girls were found virtually vertical north of Evansdale so where would that perp place MT, farther south of Brooklyn?

Have a look at these maps in the context of someone driving from the bottom right dot North to Evansdale.

Attachments

• Mollie Belle Point.jpg
    Mollie Belle Point.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Mollie Brooklyn Evansdale.jpg
    Mollie Brooklyn Evansdale.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online