Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that is correct about Elizabeth and Lyric, they were found by hunters months after they were taken in a very remote place called seven bridges a nature trail beside the water. There is a photo on google showing how remote the location is with their remains covered with white sheets. I don’t want to post it here as it is distressing.

It may be possible to be the same perp but do sex offenders usually kidnap young girls aged 8 and 10 and also young women who are 20?
Well according to her twitter account, she was mistaken for a missing child before.

does the nsa need a physical device to record your text and emails

You are not understanding how the technology works. It's not about warrants. It's about the way data is stored and the way devices connect to each other. Fitbits like hers cannot transmit data on their own to a server for anyone to access. It is stored on the actual device until another device accesses it. At that point it can be read in other places, but not until then.

You can think of it like an older digital camera. The pictures live on the camera memory until the camera is connected to a device that uploads them. Once they are uploaded, they can be accessed more widely (especially if they are uploaded online). But until they are conneted to another device, they are just on the camera memory and aren't accessible remotely.

Except cell providers can get this information as it was transmitted over their network. They got warrants for all that.

I keep thinking somebody she thought was a friend called her and said, "Hey, let's go to a movie/have pizza/go to the carnival/hang out at the lake for a while." And maybe she grabbed the nearest t-shirt, a $20 and some change, and her phone, and left with them.

Or maybe somebody pretending to be her friend texted her and said meet me at the corner.
possible

I keep thinking somebody she thought was a friend called her and said, "Hey, let's go to a movie/have pizza/go to the carnival/hang out at the lake for a while." And maybe she grabbed the nearest t-shirt, a $20 and some change, and her phone, and left with them.

Or maybe somebody pretending to be her friend texted her and said meet me at the corner.
If someone texted her to meet up LE and FBI would have that info by now. I really just think this was more random. At first I thought it was a stalker but now I'm leaning towards her out jogging and a crime of opportunity.
Are we sure she had gone for a jog around 7:30 or is that just speculation?

Except cell providers can get this information as it was transmitted over their network. They got warrants for all that.
Again, information on the phone is different from that on the fitbit itself. Phones are constantly connecting to the cellular providers. Fitbits require a sync VIA A PHONE. So once the phone is off/ battery is dead/ is too far away from the fitbit, no more data can be acquired from the fitbit until it is physically found and resynced.

I'm curious how difficult it would typically be to break into one of these hog confinement places to dump a body. I've never heard of a hog confinement before now.

my understanding is security is or it should be tight to prevent contamination of the food supply from terrorists or deseases. Employees should only work at one farm at a time, etc.

I think the cell provider could see where the fit bit pinged if she had it attached to her iPhone when she went out running. Otherwise you’re probably right
They are saying if the phone was off it would not matter, I think the newer ones have gps but i dont know

I know we are all human and when there is a puzzle or unanswered questions we would like an explanation as to how things work...

This is only my opinion but in regards to how her Fitbit has helped in this investigation I hope they keep that information private for as long as possible! If this info can help solve Mollie's case and bring her home that's fantastic! If this info can help solve other cases that is even better.

If we are always made aware of how something helps law enforcement/FBI in their investigation that is one more thing a suspect/perp will be able to gain knowledge of. This will only make things harder from an investigative standpoint and when time is of the essence things should not have to be any harder than they already are.

Jmo

my understanding is security is it should be tight to prevent contamination of the food supply from terrorists or deseases. Employees should only work at one far at a time, etc.
That's interesting but good thinking.
When I've driven thru different country towns where there are different types of farms I've always thought they would be so easy to access.

I’m curious how they can clear people when she hasn’t been found and there’s is no evidence to clear them from?
Here we go again. This came up last night. The headline is wrong. The boyfriend and HIS brothers have been cleared Not that I suspect her brothers.

Mollie’s brothers have also been cleared.

>>snip

Kriegel told ABC News that Jack's alibi was confirmed and he is not a suspect, and neither is his brother. Tibbetts' two brothers have also been cleared and are not suspects.

Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member