Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not the norm but it happens.

It happened here in Toledo. 2 14-15 year old girls (cousins) were walking to the McDonald's on a busy street. A man pulled up and said he was a friend of one of the girls father's and they got into the car as the 14 year thought he looked "familiar" They were immediately taken to a house, beaten, drugged, raped, and then farmed out to truck stops up in Detroit. They were just out to get a shake, their families waiting for them, and they were taken. These girls were recovered and it was one of the biggest sex trafficking rings discovered back then. Multi states involved, over 31 people were indicted..insane. They did a 20/20, Dateline, etc. show on these girls. It was horrific. Snatched off the street. If they wouldn't have gotten in the car, they would've continued to cruise until they found someone. These were white little girls, from decent families...it DOES happen. Toledo ranks 3rd in the nation for sex trafficking. It's horrific here. My friends daughter (a beautiful, white, 17 year old pumping gas at a station was approached, intimidated, and she ran into gas station to escape.
It happens people. A lot more than people want to admit.

I'm well aware of that case. It is the ONE case I know of where girls who weren't dysfunctional runaways and/or uncared for were taken off the street by traffickers for the purpose of trafficking. (Note that the girls voluntarily got into the car with a man and a woman they did not know).

These were not middle class girls. They came from a working class family and the authorities barely attempted to find them. They dismissed the girls as "runaways" and said they'd "Look out for them". The barely looked for the cousin who didn't get away. (One got away after a trucker called 911 at a truck stop). The family had to track her down themselves - even though after the one who got away was rescued she was able to give the location - and then break into the "stable" and fight the pimp on the front lawn to get the girl back. Not close to the response that Mollie Tibbetts disappearance got. There's a reason for that.

In fact, after kidnapping these girls, taking them to truck stops, beating them and prostituting them, the pimps got only 5, 6 and 7 years in prison, IIRC. Again, there's a reason for that.

It absolutely does not happen to middle class, white women and girls often at all. In fact, I cannot find one case where a middle class, white woman or girl was forcibly kidnapped off the street for the purposes of trafficking. I don't doubt there exists one but I also don't doubt that it would be hard to find. Because that's not the demographic that is at risk. Because that demographic is way too much trouble and risk for traffickers.

What's interesting though is that despite the fact that traffickers don't go around snatching well-cared for children or middle class women from functional, economically stable families, off the street to sell, it is a constant theory in these cases. I have not once seen the theory pan out. Not in 14 years.

I know this has been discussed and a poster asked earlier but I have been unable to read responses. They asked how someone can be cleared if there is no evidence. I feel like in these situations the only way would be able to clear someone is if they aren’t certain company for example the brothers are with their mother or a friend is at home with her parents and they can prove that Otherwise it would be hard to clear someone if they still don’t know where she was at the time. Or who she was with.

<modsnip>

LE is still searching along Hwy 21 just north of Deep River. Doesn’t appear to be anything breaking but they certainly appear to have a purpose.

Thank you for this update!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm well aware of that case. It is the ONE case I know of where girls who weren't dysfunctional runaways and/or uncared for were taken off the street by traffickers for the purpose of trafficking. (Note that the girls voluntarily got into the car with a man and a woman they did not know).

These were not middle class girls. They came from a working class family and the authorities barely attempted to find them. They dismissed the girls as "runaways" and said they'd "Look out for them". The barely looked for the cousin who didn't get away. (One got away after a trucker called 911 at a truck stop). The family had to track her down themselves - even though after the one who got away was rescued she was able to give the location - and then break into the "stable" and fight the pimp on the front lawn to get the girl back. Not close to the response that Mollie Tibbetts disappearance got. There's a reason for that.

In fact, after kidnapping these girls, taking them to truck stops, beating them and prostituting them, the pimps got only 5, 6 and 7 years in prison, IIRC. Again, there's a reason for that.

It absolutely does not happen to middle class, white women and girls often at all. In fact, I cannot find one case where a middle class, white woman or girl was forcibly kidnapped off the street for the purposes of trafficking. I don't doubt there exists one but I also don't doubt that it would be hard to find. Because that's not the demographic that is at risk. Because that demographic is way too much trouble and risk for traffickers.

What's interesting though is that despite the fact that traffickers don't go around snatching well-cared for children or middle class women from functional, economically stable families, off the street to sell, it is a constant theory in these cases. I have not once seen the theory pan out. Not in 14 years.
Question....if a trafficker could lure any type of women/girl, why wouldn’t they? It is a crime of opportunity...

My humble responses to your questions below based on what I know, having read through everything posted here so far:
About 75% caught up on posts... but not the last 25%. ;)

Sorry if these things have since been figured out etc Do I have this right?

Things that stand out to me...

All 3 adults in the house were all out of town on the same night?
Yes, her boyfriend, his brother & fiance all went to a construction site for work on a project for their family's company 100 miles away for a few days, and Mollie was house/dog sitting their 2 labs, and her family lives a mile away.

Mollie didn’t show for dinner and mom wasn’t worried? How was she getting to and from dinner?
They were texting that afternoon/early evening around the time she went jogging, and Mollie asked her mom what was for dinner, and she told her "brats", and Mollie's response was "ok". It seems like she would sometimes be there for dinner, and just stop by if she wanted to join them, but hadn't committed to coming, and was on her own with the dogs so she wasn't expected.

Mollie would have needed a ride to work arranged.
Supposedly she and her brother share a car, and sometimes she'll use it to go to work, other times she'll get there another way. The morning after she was last seen, her brother texted her to see if she needed the car to go to work and she didn't reply, which was one of the first things that caused concern.

Mollies last post on twitter was 7/17/18 at 9:21pm (how does that fit into the timeline? And is that time zone specific?) and was about dropping a phone on a face... which is how the bf worded similarly falling asleep with phone on his face.
I hadn't heard about her posting on twitter that night, but she sent a picture to her bf when she was indoors, so

And something to know ... sometimes when FBI shows up they ask everyone to stop searching. They are more methodical about searching and will often use dogs to help. They don’t want everyone out looking.

Question....if a trafficker could lure any type of women/girl, why wouldn’t they? It is a crime of opportunity...

Because they want victims no one is going to care about - i.e. society and/or family. That seems like a horrible thing to say but let me explain: Kids who are runaways or from dysfunctional homes? They don't often have family looking hard for them.

The families of kids or adults who are poor typically do not have the resources to fight to find their missing.

People of color who are missing, missing people who have criminal, addiction or mental health histories, and low income missing people? The media does not give much attention to their stories. But if the missing woman or child is white and from a middle class or upper-middle class family? The media goes insane. We all know that. I mean it's so pervasive that it's called a syndrome:

Missing white woman syndrome is a phenomenon noted by social scientists[1][2][3] and media commentators of the extensive media coverage, especially in television,[4] of missing person cases involving young, white, upper-middle-class women or girls. Instances have been cited in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and South Africa.[5] The phenomenon is defined as the media's undue focus on upper-middle-class white women who disappear, with the disproportionate degree of coverage they receive being compared to cases of missing men, or women of color and of lower social classes.[6][7] Although the term was coined to describe disproportionate coverage of missing person cases, it is sometimes used to describe the disparity in news coverage of other violent crimes.

Missing white woman syndrome - Wikipedia

The sad thing is that the justice system likewise treats certain missing person's cases with much more vigor than others. Missing black 15 year old? Or missing low income white kid? They're going to be presumed to be runaways and their parents are going to get the run around, far too often.

Moreover, prosecution and sentencing differs depending on the demographic of the victim. Look at the case of the two girls from Toledo. Are you kidding me! Less than 8 years for all three of the perps. Who took them off the street, beat them half to death, and forced them to be raped multiple times. Imprisoned them. Drove them to truck stops to be raped by adults. Took them across state lines to be raped! A federal offense. Hardly any sentence at all.

Hell, even after one of them was rescued and could give the location where the other cousin was, no response by LE. No urgency to rescue the other young girl. Why? Because they aren't from prominent families. They aren't from families who have the resources or education to make a federal case out of it.

So who would you pick if you were a trafficker, as victim? They don't want to get caught. They don't want their prey to escape. They don't want harsh consequences if they are caught.

So they pick people "no one will care about". :(

This is an issue (U.S. sex trafficking) that I have researched extensively.

Last edited:
Because they want victims no one is going to care about - i.e. society and/or family. That seems like a horrible thing to say but let me explain: Kids who are runaways or from dysfunctional homes? They don't often have family looking hard for them.

The families of kids or adults who are poor typically do not have the resources to fight to find their missing.

People of color who are missing, missing people who have criminal addiction or mental health histories, and low income missing people? The media does not give much attention to their stories. But if the missing woman or child is white and form a middle class or upper-middle class family? The media goes insane. We all know that. I mean it's so pervasive that it's called a syndrome:

Missing white woman syndrome is a phenomenon noted by social scientists[1][2][3] and media commentators of the extensive media coverage, especially in television,[4] of missing person cases involving young, white, upper-middle-class women or girls. Instances have been cited in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and South Africa.[5] The phenomenon is defined as the media's undue focus on upper-middle-class white women who disappear, with the disproportionate degree of coverage they receive being compared to cases of missing men, or women of color and of lower social classes.[6][7] Although the term was coined to describe disproportionate coverage of missing person cases, it is sometimes used to describe the disparity in news coverage of other violent crimes.

The sad thing is that the justice system likewise treats certain missing person's cases with much more vigor than others. Missing black 15 year old? Or missing low income white kid? They're going to be presumed to be runaways and their parents are going to get the run around, far too often.

Moreover, prosecution and sentencing differs depending on the demographic of the victim. Look at the case of the two girls form Toledo. Are you kidding me! Less than 8 years for all three of the perps. Who took them off the street, beat them half to death, and forced them to be raped multiple times. Imprisoned them. Drove them to truck stops to be raped by adults. Took them across state lines to be raped! A federal offense. Hardly any sentence at all.

Hell, even after one of them was rescued and could give the location where the other cousin was, no response by LE. No urgency to rescue the other young girl. Why? Because they aren't from prominent families. They aren't from families who have the resources or education to make a federal case out of it.

So who would you pick if you were a trafficker, as victim? They don't want to get caught. They don't want their prey to escape. They don't want harsh consequences if they are caught.

That’s sad.

People of color who are missing, missing people who have criminal addiction or mental health histories, and low income missing people? The media does not give much attention to their stories. But if the missing woman or child is white and form a middle class or upper-middle class family? The media goes insane. We all know that. I mean it's so pervasive that it's called a syndrome:

Moreover, prosecution and sentencing differs depending on the demographic of the victim. Look at the case of the two girls form Toledo. Are you kidding me! Less than 8 years for all three of the perps. Who took them off the street, beat them half to death, and forced them to be raped multiple times. Imprisoned them. Drove them to truck stops to be raped by adults. Took them across state lines to be raped! A federal offense. Hardly any sentence at all.

But based on your info, white women are more appealing and therefore traffickers can charge more money right? I’m not saying Mollie was trafficked. Just topic for discussion since new info is slow moving atm.

I agree that I think LE is releasing some of that information to try and make the perp panic about how much they already have to make him either give up or make a mistake while panicking now.
If this is true then it seems like they suspect someone local to the community rather than someone who passed through and moved on. Otherwise the perp wouldn’t be around to panic or make a mistake and be seen.

If this is true then it seems like they suspect someone local to the community rather than someone who passed through and moved on. Otherwise the perp wouldn’t be around to panic or make a mistake and be seen.
I always thought it was someone who had local ties either to the Brooklyn area or University of Iowa.

What?.... In order for the chip to work, you still need to find the person/body first, which kinda defeats the purpose. IMO. But if there is another way or if I am missing something, please let me know.

Well, I'm no expert, but I thought with pets you can track their location. Maybe someone else can offer some more information as I'm not 100% sure.

Well, I'm no expert, but I thought with pets you can track their location. Maybe someone else can offer some more information as I'm not 100% sure.
My dog’s microchip only allows someone with a scanner (the pound, a vet, etc.) to scan it and receive my contact info. I can also log on and see if his chip has been scanned. It doesn’t have GPS technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak