Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have already been discussed, but was she staying at the people’s house dogsitting or just going there occasionally to tend to the dogs? Maybe it was someone who knew the dogs owners would be away on vacation and a young college gal would be staying alone at their house at night? People talk about going on vacation all the time and if a friend or coworker asks, “Who’s taking care of your dogs while you’re away”. Someone would say “Oh, we have a college girl who comes to stay at the house when we’re gone.”
Hope the dogs’ owners coworkers, friends, acquaintances have all been throughly checked out.

This may have already been discussed, but was she staying at the people’s house dogsitting or just going there occasionally to tend to the dogs? Maybe it was someone who knew the dogs owners would be away on vacation and a young college gal would be staying alone at their house at night? People talk about going on vacation all the time and if a friend or coworker asks, “Who’s taking care of your dogs while you’re away”. Someone would say “Oh, we have a college girl who comes to stay at the house when we’re gone.”
Hope the dogs’ owners coworkers, friends, acquaintances have all been throughly checked out.
The dogs belong to her boyfriend or his brother. The house is where her boyfriend, his brother and the brother’s fiancé live. She stayed there often anyway, but was specifically watching the dogs while they were all away for work.

The dogs belong to her boyfriend or his brother. The house is where her boyfriend, his brother and the brother’s fiancé live. She stayed there often anyway, but was specifically watching the dogs while they were all away for work.
Thanks for clarifying.

She was living in the house for the summer, along with her boyfriend, boyfriend's brother, and boyfriend's brother's fiancee. The others all went out of town for work. Mollie stayed behind to take care of the dogs, and because it's where she was living anyway.

Oops--I see this was covered already. Well, the early reports definitely gave the wrong impression.

I mean there’s not even a friend saying anything about if they texted or chatted that night. No one at all is speaking up.
In the first day or two I knew that LE knew more than they tell the public. But the way kids chat nowadays I thought we’d be hearing something more from the brother or some close girlfriends
Her friends ARE speaking, but most of their profiles are hidden. They don't want the press camping out on their lawns. Those who have publicly mentioned the boyfriend, his family, and Mollie's family have said only wonderful things about them.

I think some of the confusion about her living arrangements is that she was actually living in both places. Early on her mother said she ‘lived over there (meaning the BF house) more than here when she’s home from college. That tells me her actual residence was her home with her mom but she mostly stayed with the BF. And since she was watching the dogs she was at the BFs house fully at the time she went missing.

Just catching up this morning. Did I miss something tho? Have they searched a second location after the farm? I was skimming over hundreds of posts and noticed discussion of possible coroner van? Looking forward to hearing what LE says in presser, Mollie is somewhere, she and her family need to be reunited. I'm losing faith that she's alive too. OMG Mollie, where are you??

Actually yes I do. I haven’t seen one piece of evidence to indicate anything bad happened to her. No evidence, no witnesses, nothing. That’s unheard of.

I can understand the other point of view and I can certainly understand why LE has to consider it statistically more likely with each passing day. But until there’s something I can anchor a theory to, I’ve got nothing.

Here's that one piece of evidence: She left her ID (which was likely in her purse or wallet) at home. If you're going someplace, you take your purse and wallet.

Hmm...Karina Vetrano's killer is 20 years old. Vanessa Marcotte was killed by a 31 year old. The fact that the Fit Bit was missed leads me to believe this perp is someone older.
This is worth highlighting: I saw the news that the DCI spokeman today said the search of the farm didn't yield any results. For what it's worth, I believe that's a completely truthful statement. I drove by the farm four times tonight (as did a bunch of the bicyclists too I'm sure) and nothing was going on there at all.
Thank you for driving around and sharing information with us.
I was glad to read on one news article that they took scent dogs out to that farm.

Here's that one piece of evidence: She left her ID (which was likely in her purse or wallet) at home. If you're going someplace, you take your purse and wallet.
Depends where you’re going. If I am going someplace walking or running and not planning to buy anything I’ll leave my ID and wallet behind at home sometimes so as to have less to carry.

I’m intrigued by the Fitbit data and happy to hear that Fitbit cooperated with LE. Unless the battery has died, her Fitbit friends can easily see if she’s taken any steps in the last few days.

Last edited:
I'm losing hope they'll find Mollie. Sorry to say this but that's reality.
These cases can be so heartbreaking and frustrating.
We don't know at all what happened to her. We can only guess that she was abducted but we don't know. We keep trying to make sense out of the unknown.
I do not think she ran away. I do not think she committed suicide. That leaves 2 options. She was either abducted or someone accidently ran into her with their car and hid her to not get caught. Any other thoughts?

Yea those are about the only two realistic options unless someone she knows played LE real good.

Was thinking yesterday that I wish LE would have got ahold of the bike ride coordinator and passed out a flyer to each bike rider before they headed through the area to be on the lookout for anything strange along the roads they traveled near there.

That was a lot of sets of eyes passing through near there. Someone may have happened to spot something and without knowing to even look they would not know it was important.

Hi from UK. I have been following this case non stop!

Google maps shows the area to be very rural. How much road traffic goes along highway 21? (The long road another poster said police where searching along)

How common are dashcams in a rural area like this part of Iowa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kagguk