Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that all individuals who were anywhere near any of the dots between 5 and 10 that day really understand the importance of contacting LE. Every brain needs to be picked, every fact checked, double checked, and triple checked. Do you think everyone has called in?

I don't. I think the less information that comes out the longer this goes the less and less people will remember and pay attention to it.

Right now I wish I was a geek. Someb0dy can write a program that plugs in all the data and creates a drilled down list. Or somebody did. This is why I’m not putting my dna into 23andme or ancestry. Brave new world...

You make a good point, but, if they were so damned smart, so able to do this and that and what they boast about, WHY haven't they found Mollie yet?

Has everybody given up on the scenarios based on the map points? They seem to have gone silent all of a sudden. I was following them and all of a sudden I don't see any more posts!

I'm starting to believe that LE is pretty confident that MT made it back to the house. And that LE either doesn't want to rule anything out by saying that they know she made it back to the house. Or they don't want the unidentified suspect to know that she made it back to the house. Think they are still counting on catching somebody that they interview in a lie that they can't explain away. MOO
But could "made it back to the house" mean outside, very near, like returning from her jog?

Has everybody given up on the scenarios based on the map points? They seem to have gone silent all of a sudden. I was following them and all of a sudden I don't see any more posts!
I posted a new one this morning. It would be nice to have a reference post including ALL mapped routes to compare.

I’m sure this has been said before but I still think it wasn’t a random abduction because she ran everyday without issue but the one day that all of her housemates are out of town, this happens. Either a huge coincidence or an opportunity some bad guy couldn’t pass up. Gave him so much time before anyone noticed she was missing...

I keep thinking about Mollie's running clothes. If she made it back to DJ's and took a quick shower before heading to her Moms, she could have put the running clothes in a bag to take with her to her Moms house to wash. Do we know if any other clothes were missing?
That’s a good thought. She kept clothes there and at her mom’s so I imagine it would be a bit of a nightmare figuring out what might be missing. I can’t keep track of my own stuff even.

But could "made it back to the house" mean outside, very near, like returning from her jog?

Good question and i wish we knew. I just get the feeling that she made it home and left with somebody she considered a friend and sadly they had bad intentions. I am not even suggesting a close friend, maybe just somebody she went to high school with, church with, cross country with, Summer job with etc etc. Just a feeling I get from what family and investigators have said early on. I think alot of recent info has been conflicting bc of investigators wanting to play things closer to the vest. I think local LE let things leak out before other agencies got involved. All JMO

Last edited:
The question was what would bring the perpetrator to Brooklyn on a Wednesday. In response, what I meant to imply was that the perpetrator could have been in town to pay his electric bill. Maybe he liked to pay early. It was simply a thought.
And a good one. Not everyone is last minute paying bills and if they lived outside the town they would likely pay their bill if they were in the area. Living rural myself, when you have to drive to do errands you tend to do as many as you can in one shot. Some people like myself have to travel 40 minutes one way to grocery shop, drop something off at UPS, go to a bakery etc. It's not a drive you want to make every day so you group your errands as often as possible.

In a previous post I was wondering about construction workers involved with the new, very-behind-schedule Poweshiek Water wastewater treatment plant, I am trying to ascertain if it's this site: New Wastewater Treatment Plant | Brooklyn Iowa , which appears to be on or right near I-6. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. That might explain the "Area east of Brooklyn near I6 (this to me is the least discussed area on this thread. Why is this point on the map?)" you ask about.
Accord
i agree. they should start the searches again, or expand on them and ask for volunteers to help with searches. There was a poster going to ride around and film things again and was asking if there were any specific places anyone wanted searched/filmed. Anyone remember whom that was.
All buildings need to be searched carefully, esp. for fake floors and walls and a real effort made to locate all underground bunkers, just in case anyone is keeping her hidden somewhere. Didn't I read somewhere that underground bunkers were kind of the thing out there at one time? Was that for tornadoes? If she had a medical emergency and died, the birds would have alerted everyone to her whereabouts. However, if she was kidnapped and is being stashed somewhere, that won't be the case.

This is what I'm thinking. She made it back from her jog but not into the house.

This. Somebody near the house, the property, even just inside. Dogs still downstairs, Mollie sends a snap to DJ (hence inside or outside question, along with some form of digital geotagging that puts her back at the house). Like I said earlier, taking out garbage or something. Or just arriving. LE may know she made it back which caused the early confusion cause people were saying a little more than LE would have liked them to.

Not knowing what happened, is pure torture. Your mind runs through, all the possible scenarios. Wish I possessed the power, to I'd the perp's, from the onset.

The cold cases take it's toll, on the LE involved.

In the small rural town, in which I live, we have an resolved murder case.

It's been 35 YEARS now.

AND THE FOUR PERPS HAVE BEEN KNOWN FOR MANY YEARS!

The family has kept this case, in public's attention, from the origination.

This local people have been intimidated, by the main perp, since he was in his teens. Witnesses have refused to cooperate. The four perps freely live in the area, for 35 years now.

Justice has not been served!

Hope this MT case is resolved soon.

All hope is not lost in your 35 year old case, I watched a trial in June on a 35 year old case with similar characteristics (Tim Coggins victim/Frank Gebhardt [accused and convicted]), I saw a few days ago his accomplice plead guilty, so there is hope that charges could still be brought and justice served.

I do so hope Mollie's case doesn't stretch out for any length of time, but if it was LE that convinced her family to resume their day-to-day lives, it makes me feel that they don't think anything is going to happen any time soon. :(

"You can actually overlay the location data with the real world to find out what exactly happened," Thomas Yohannan, an expert on data recovery. "You are essentially trying to find a witness to the events that happened leading up to her missing person."

and

"Law enforcement seek so-called tower dumps to try to identify a suspect in a crime, compelling tower operators to provide the phone numbers of all devices that connected to a specific tower during a given period of time."

and

"As state and federal investigators chase down more than 1,500 leads in the disappearance of Mollie Tibbetts, officials are asking anyone who may have been in one of five areas in her hometown the night she vanished to come forward."

So, I'm thinking that the dots are areas where LE got location data from the cell tower dump. They can rule out most locals that have reason to be there. But they still have cell numbers they can't identify. It doesn't mean Mollie was ever at those places, but someone was and they don't know who. And it doesn't mean the same phone number was at all the dots. MOO

Investigators turn to Fitbit data for clues about missing Iowa college student
Iowa investigators searching for Mollie Tibbetts ask anyone in these 5 areas the night she vanished to contact them
Verizon reports spike in government requests for cell 'tower dumps'
Is this what everyone working on the maps assumes? That all dots represent pings? Are the scenarios based on that alone or just that those areas are significant? I thought it was a combination of things. Otherwise we are assuming that the scenarios in terms of route into town and escape route are based on cell phone pings alone? It would help me if this were cleared up. Which is it, pings alone or combination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseInvestigator