Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. Police reported a "ping" 10 miles SE of Brooklyn, so Mollie was not abducted by someone on foot or on a bicycle.

Not very familiar with FitBit, but would she need to be wearing it for it to give out a digital signature? In other words, could it be possible the devices were still in a vehicle, sending out signals, but she was not?

now there's a freaky new avenue to explore..yes I agree this is odd and should be looked at..how many SK's and SO's have posed as LE in order to
gain the trust of a victim?

this is not out of the realm. MOO
But it's not even in the same city. So, this guy poses as campus police in Iowa City so that he could show up again as Brooklyn police in her home town on summer break and that's supposed to seem trustworthy and not shady?

This information has been posted here before, but here it is again:

"This is a new arena for us. That's part of the reason we called the FBI in. It's probably pretty new to them, too," Mitch Mortvedt, spokesman for the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, told CNN. "I don't know of another case here in Iowa where we have used specifically Fitbit info."

When her Fitbit pinged at a hog farm about 10 miles southeast of the house in Brooklyn, IA, where she was last seen, police searched the area but found nothing, Mortvedt said."

Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of Iowa College Student Mollie Tibbetts

I believe the word "ping" references a digital signature. Police admit that this is a "new arena" for them, and they may not use the best words to reference the digital evidence.

Does anyone know what WC does for a living these days?

Absolutely. Police reported a "ping" 10 miles SE of Brooklyn, so Mollie was not abducted by someone on foot or on a bicycle.

Not necessarily abducted while on foot/bicycle but possibly subdued. Hide in the corn, she's running with headphones and doesn't hear someone coming, gets attacked. Could be left in the corn with a plan to come back to later, possibly tied up or duct taped or dead. Could be picked up later and disposed of or if still alive, tossed in a vehicle to bring out of town

Not very familiar with FitBit, but would she need to be wearing it for it to give out a digital signature? In other words, could it be possible the devices were still in a vehicle, sending out signals, but she was not?

Depending on when it was last charged; the Fitbit battery can last 7 days. The only possibility of tracking it down was very early on in the investigation.

But it's not even in the same city. So, this guy poses as campus police in Iowa City so that he could show up again as Brooklyn police in her home town on summer break and that's supposed to seem trustworthy and not shady?

Let's take a step back and look at the facts of the case. Police have said that they believe the abductor is not from Brooklyn, but is familiar with the community. She was last seen jogging. There is a digital signal 10 miles SE of Brooklyn. There are 5 points of interest in and around Brooklyn.

How does a man in a library in another city in 2017 connect to what we know?

IF it was a semi, possibly locally owned, the car wash might have been for a clean up/vacuum. I'm not sure before or after, probably after a run on a Wednesday. Along comes Mollie.
If you're talking about the car wash downtown Brooklyn there's not enough room for a semi to make the turns necessary for a vehicle that large. It has two bays, one automatic, one self serve and is on a very tight corner.

No worries! The article is from July 31 and a lot of people forgot about it even though it is one of the most important facts that we know about her disappearance.
I knew about the search at the pig farm but I didn’t realize it was a “ping” or whatever that actually directed them there. I thought it was the guy’s record and the discovery of the red shirt that caused the attention. Anyways, thanks for the link. I try to stay away from speculating too much and always appreciate a MSM link.

Depending on when it was last charged; the Fitbit can be charged to last 7 days. The only possibility of tracking it down was very early on.

I was wondering because the thought crossed my mind that she may have already been left somewhere before the out-of-town "pings" were made, but the devices were still the vehicle as it was leaving town.

If you're talking about the car wash downtown Brooklyn there's not enough room for a semi to make the turns necessary for a vehicle that large. It has two bays, one automatic, one self serve and is on a very tight corner.

Deadhead. You drop the trailer.

If you just came in from a run on Wednesday, you wouldn't be dragging the trailer, you'd only have the cab.

Looking at the videos @SharonNeedles shot, I did notice quite a few semis, mainly just the cabs or "tractors" without the trailers.
They are excellent crime scenes, hiding places and get-away vehicles.
Anyone have any idea if and when local LE/State Patrol started stopping the traffic to check the vehicles in and around Brooklyn?
The trunks also...
Thanks in advance (TIA)
chi

I don't disagree that those kinds of large trucks are excellent hiding places, get-away vehicles, and crime scenes, but I have a few reservations about this being a crime committed by a trucker:

1) A large truck like that would have stuck out like a sore thumb while stopped and making an abduction in a downtown setting or neighborhood, and in seemingly broad daylight (or even at dusk).

2) It would be incredibly cumbersome for someone driving a large truck like that to stop and force someone in the truck against their will.

3) I feel like that if points 4 and 5 are escape routes, and I believe strongly that that's what they represent, then a trucker would likely have exited on the interstate off of 200th rather than continuing south.

IOW, it's certainly not impossible that a trucker did this, but I feel it is unlikely given the information we have thus far.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member