Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that these items would have been disposed of almost immediately. It would be incredibly dangerous for the perpetrator to keep them in his possession for any length of time.
You never know. I think the phone would have been disposed of as soon as the perp was able to remove it from Mollie's armband. That might not have been right away. That would be especially true if Mollie voluntarily got in a car with someone she knew. He'd have to concentrate on driving her out to one or both of those remote eastern spots. (I'm assuming a lot here.) I have been wondering for a long while if LE found her phone. As for the Fitbit, it's probably still on Mollie. MOO.

Is it out of the realm of possibility the perp was older.... never heard of a fitbit so wouldn't even think of it, & maybe didn't occur to him about a cell tower ping? No, I'm NOT saying old people know squat about technology. But even I sometimes go for the phonebook, then remember......oh.... there's this thing called Google, duh.
That thought has been well within my realm of possibilities since the word go.

You never know. I think the phone would have been disposed of as soon as the perp was able to remove it from Mollie's armband. That might not have been right away. That would be especially true if Mollie voluntarily got in a car with someone she knew. He'd have to concentrate on driving her out to one or both of those remote eastern spots. (I'm assuming a lot here.) I have been wondering for a long while if LE found her phone. As for the Fitbit, it's probably still on Mollie. MOO.

And I believe she had her phone in an armband, which means it would have been very visible to an abductor.

Boyfriend said doors were probably unlocked. Does home have attached garage? would those doors also be unlocked (assuming someone didn't want to enter through front door to unlock). Maybe someone who was in town, lived near her boyfriend's home and offered a ride back. Their car wouldn't look out of place in the neighborhood

Yes, and even if the doors were locked, a 360-degree view of the house shows that it would be easier to break into than a box of Cracker Jack. Anyone who knew she would be staying there alone could enter the house and lie in wait while she was out jogging, if he could solve the problem of the dogs' presence.

Is it out of the realm of possibility the perp was older.... never heard of a fitbit so wouldn't even think of it, & maybe didn't occur to him about a cell tower ping? No, I'm NOT saying old people know squat about technology. But even I sometimes go for the phonebook, then remember......oh.... there's this thing called Google, duh.

I've wondered this same thing. Is it actually realistic that someone saw her Fitbit on her wrist and thought 'that looks like a smart watch, I should remove it'? I think that her phone was ditched and her fitbit is still on. It won't update location to the phone though until it is close enough to the phone to sync.

Anything is possible in regard to the age of the perpetrator. If history and data is any indication, this guy’s age would be such that he’d most likely understand the technological concerns (a cell phone can track you etc). It’s not out of the question that he’s on the older side, but I strongly doubt it.

The Fitbit Alta looks kind of like a watch. Lots of people don't use them or know what they are.

Yeah. I just think he would have dumped it on the evening of the abduction or in the ensuing hours. My main point was that I don’t think he held on to it longer than a day. It’s possible, but I think it’s unlikely.

Anything is possible in regard to the age of the perpetrator. If history and data is any indication, this guy’s age would be such that he’d most likely understand the technological concerns (a cell phone can track you etc). It’s not out of the question that he’s on the older side, but I strongly doubt it.
What made me finally go take a class & get a gun permit in Iowa was the amount of sheer, unmitigated middle-aged male road rage at me on my bike. I have stories. Many stories. Outrageous anger. No other state I've lived in did I experience that kind of male rage at me, whether on my bike or in a car. I was out on the streets on my bike in Iowa, too, not a car. Maybe this was, in some way, tied to road rage. FWIW

It is also possible, before I fall asleep and dream of darn cornfields, that Mollie herself whipped her fitbit and phone and earbuds out a window in the middle of BFE Iowa, Poweshiek Co, to scatter crumbs herself if she was alarmed by the nature of the incident. I think they teach kids that in safety classes now, to drop your ID or something to identify you if someone takes you. She is of a generation where that may have been taught. JMO. Too tired to post a link. Google is your friend. And mine. Wherever you are Mollie, hope you are unharmed and comfortable, and can be brought home any second.

Unless the 9:45pm question was completely fabricated it had to mean something.

It also falls within the 5pm and 10pm timeframe -

“Law enforcement is currently seeking additional witnesses and wants to speak to anyone who was in the areas indicated below on July 18, 2018 between the hours of 5PM and 10PM.”
https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

I agree the crap her and RT take from people online is unreal. This could be the first missing persons case they have ever followed and it’s their daughter.
Although to be clear, I don't think SharonNeedles was being disrespectful. I don't think I've seen him do anything like that since I've been reading these threads.

And I believe she had her phone in an armband, which means it would have been very visible to an abductor.
Visible, yes. The first thing on his mind, maybe not. Charli Scott's phone led police right to the crime scene and the few bits of her that were left (sorry to be graphic). (Hers had an app on it called Life 360 which used GPS (satellite) and it was dead on accurate.) You get my point. An abductor might not have focused on the phone right away and/or might not have been able to take it away from her right away. Perps are not always the sharpest knives in the drawer, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams