DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Posting guidelines:

* We do not sleuth or accuse people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* Do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. The few exceptions are victims' pages, LE and MSM pages.

* Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a private message. DO NOT discuss them in the thread.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not reply to it. Alert the post ASAP.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

*Websleuths is a fact based site. Provide a MSM link for your assertions. Rumors are not allowed. Sites such as reddit or sub-reddit are not approved to be linked, referenced or discussed.

images
link

*Stay on topic

*DO NOT sleuth or post personal information about non-POIs (including a wedding registry, realty information, relationships, marriage information or anything else about their background even if it is public unless it is in MSM)

*Post using initials for all the case players (family members, friends, co-workers, neighbors,etc.) as much as possible

*DO NOT post asking if a particular person has been cleared

*DO NOT post judgemental posts about Mollie or anyone in her family as this is not victim friendly

*DO NOT post screenshots

Updated 8/17/2018
WHAT WE KNOW
  1. Mollie’s jogging clothing is missing – pink sports bra, black shorts & running shoes
  2. Mollie’s devices are missing – cell phone, armband, FitBit and white earbuds
  3. She has about 3 different routes and likes to mix them up
  4. The dogs were in the basement
  5. DJ said the door was probably unlocked
  6. She typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  7. She went for a run about 7:30
  8. She usually runs for 45 minutes
  9. LE reconstructed her run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses
  10. A digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
  11. Video footage was collected from various businesses, including Casey’s & D&M
  12. Mollie's mom was asked by FBI if Mollie was "in a home" at 9:45
  13. She may have done homework (time unknown & unconfirmed)
  14. Snapchat appeared to be indoors & taken that day, viewed at 10PM
  15. Mollie was a creature of habit
  16. DJ sent her a text in the morning and she did not respond
  17. JT sent her at text approx. 7:30 am asking if she needed the car – no response
  18. There were no vehicles in the driveway (as there usually would be)
  19. Her driver's license, passport and debit card were at the house
  20. Usual evening routine: run, shower/eat or eat/shower, homework, bed
  21. No signs of a struggle or forced entry
Reported Sightings
  • NH, 7:30 pm - W Pershing Dr
  • RT, time unknown - W. Des Moines – walking east, would have to go N or S
  • DR, 8 pm - East 2nd Street - jogging west toward Casey’s
DC, time unknown, West St - told by LE (not an actual sighting) that MT jogged past his house and made it home

FBI poster indicates that Mollie was last seen running on Pershing Drive.
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/mollie-cecelia-tibbetts/@@download.pdf

I am getting the feeling that the same person is responsible for all of these cases. Having been in the same position as the task force members I can guarantee you that at least some of the investigatiors feel the same way.
For now, since we don't have anything to link Mollie's case to any other cases please let's keep the discussion on only Mollie's case and the clues in her case. Please do not bring other cases into Mollie's thread yet. We can also allow discussion once something can logically be proven that the cases might be connected.

New members please read:

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

I brought the coffee, who brought the croissants? :)

But seriously, I keep rolling around in my head why wednesday and why Mollie. Someone's window of opportunity was wednesday. Most people work during the week, so what kind of job would give someone a middle of the week off? If this is someone from a neighboring town, what kinds of activities are occurring? Could it have been someone that was a vendor for the flag thing? Someone who came into town regularly? And how did Mollie fit in to this? Did she volunteer somewhere in a neighboring town or in her own town that would have gotten the attention of someone?

Anyone else thinking that its highly probable that MT was abducted either on the stone road near her house or from DJ residence? Im thinking this bc of the lack of a witness seeing her be abducted. Seems to me that if she was taken against her will in town, somebody would have heard or seen something. Just trying to narrow down possibilitiesno clueI'm still leaning towards somebody she knew and trusted totally betrayed her. But I also do realize that evil montsters roam among us every day and we have no clue. At work, at the grocery, post office, gas station etc etc

I don’t think the pinned tweet being re-discussed is relevant, although it is ironic given what’s happened.

In the Brian Shaffer case, he disappeared in 2006 and has never been found. He was last seen on April Fool’s Day and has the tattoo of the cover of a music album titled ALIVE on his arm. MT’s tweet strikes me similarly.

Is it possible that 1 day we will learn Mollie (or Brian above) disappeared willingly and she chose the pinned tweet (or he chose the April Fool’s date) as a little tongue in cheek joke on their way out? Well sure, in the absence of any evidence about where they went so far, we have to acknowledge it’s possible.

But I think, until anyone tells us otherwise, LE and anyone else working on the case (including us) should treat their disappearance as serious, and assume they may be in desperate need of help... Especially since both of these individuals had a lot going for them and didn’t have a track record of doing irresponsible things.

If you want a mystery, in your down time, feel free to drop by Brian’s thread too. Trying to keep it alive over there. :)

I keep reading posts where people mention that Mollie was at the house alone that evening.

That fact had relevance back when it looked like she had made it home from the jog.

It now appears that she did not make it back from the jog. If she was abducted on her run, it would not have made any difference if other people had been at the house. If she was a little late, they would have assumed that she was taking a little extra time on her run, which probably wouldn't have been surprising considering the heat. They might even have assumed that she had gone over to her mother's house.

The abductor didn't need more than a few minutes to get Mollie into his vehicle and, presumably, out of town. If the alarm had been raised after an hour instead of after a day, that would not have made any difference.

Now that we know that Molly was likely abducted during her run, the odds are that this was a sexually motivated abduction by a stranger with no knowledge of Molly's situation.

I brought the coffee, who brought the croissants? :)

But seriously, I keep rolling around in my head why wednesday and why Mollie. Someone's window of opportunity was wednesday. Most people work during the week, so what kind of job would give someone a middle of the week off? If this is someone from a neighboring town, what kinds of activities are occurring? Could it have been someone that was a vendor for the flag thing? Someone who came into town regularly? And how did Mollie fit in to this? Did she volunteer somewhere in a neighboring town or in her own town that would have gotten the attention of someone?
It wouldn't have to nessacarilly been somebody who was off work, the abduction was in the evening. Probably most locals were off work by 5.

I keep thinking about this upcoming wedding. My heart is breaking that such a joyous occasion will have such a cloud hanging. I can’t imagine the mixed emotions the Jack family must feel over it.

Anyone else thinking that its highly probable that MT was abducted either on the stone road near her house or from DJ residence?
I think taking MT from the house, when it was not yet dark would seem foolish. Too many opportunities for the perp's vehicle to be spotted there by a passing car, neighbor or another jogger/walker. Sunset was not until 8:40 PM with twilight at 9:13 PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member