Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was an arrest, where would that holding or detention center be for this case? jmo

Getting behind again on the posts... apologize if this has already been answered.

I would expect it to be Montezuma, because that is where their county jail is located.
4802 Barnes City Road

Unless the feds take the case but I am not sure how they could since everything seems to be within the the Poweshiek County boundaries based on where she was abducted and where her body was found as reported by the media and the case was never handed off to FBI, they were just assisting.

Just reading this thread backwards, and realized how many have posted always the same words & thoughts I've posted, or felt. After going through this process too many times, of hearing of beautiful people found in woods, ditches, dumpsters, etc....lives cut short way too soon, I am so so grateful for the kind and caring friends I have here at WS that support each other at times like this. Love to you all! May justice be served swiftly.

According to KCCIs live reporter the area that is blocked off is off the gravel road by Kwik Star gas #303, exit 201 on 21 ... that’s about 10 miles from the house where Mollie was staying

Google Maps

“ TELL US MORE ABOUT WHERE YOU ARE. YOU ARE SOUTHEAST OF THE TOWN OF BROOKLYN BETWEEN GUERNSEY AND DEEP RIVER ALONG HIGHWAY 21? >> THAT IS RIGHT. WE JUST TO EXIT 201 AND A RIGHT DOWN THE STREET AT THE QUICKSTART GAS STATION. RIGHT OFF THIS IS THE GRAVEL ROAD. THIS MAY BE THE SCENE OF WHERE THE POSSIBLE BODY HAS BEEN FOUND . WE ARE JUST EIGHT MINUTES AWAY FROM THAT EXIT OFF THE INTERSTA. ”

Last edited:
With the news coming from "unnamed sources", I sure hope Mollie's family knew before it was announced by the Fox reporter. Sometimes in the race to be first with breaking news in our social media world, families suffer even more.

My vote is Foul play. How was MT able to send a snap chat message at 10:30 p.m. and the photo looked like she was inside a house? Along with the other evidence we know from the timeline LE created.

I don't believe she was out jogging at midnight.

Although not unexpected, this is such a sad ending. Prayers for her family and boyfriend who have endured so many weeks of waiting and hoping. I feel we have come to "know" Mollie in a way through all of this and feel the loss as if she were a friend.

I’ve never understood why so many thought she’d be found alive. To me, that makes no sense. After following a number of cases, none turn out that way and saw nothing here to point that way other than wishful thinking
Ever since Elizabeth Smart I now hold out home that missing people are found alive. The odds were not in Mollie's favor but I certainly do understand the hope that Mollie would beat the odds.

They are doing a bad job of employing the public's help, but maybe that's not what they needed. They have recovered her within a month. If they successfully determine what happened and catch a perp (if there is one), then job well done, it doesn't matter if it didn't go the way you wanted it to.

Agreed! LE knows what they are doing even if the public doesn't . It is not the publics place to know everything. Perhaps they have had a suspect all along, but advertising they "had nothing" lulled him into a sense of security so they could surveil his commings and goings. Mollie was found at a place already searched, so who knows maybe they followed him this morning to the placement of Mollie.
Could have been someone close to the investigation or someone with access to it.

JMO

With the news coming from "unnamed sources", I sure hope Mollie's family knew before it was announced by the Fox reporter. Sometimes in the race to be first with breaking news in our social media world, families suffer even more.

with the early statement from father and then the latter one confirming I too worry that he got told by a reporter.

Right, if they've got only data from a single tower and distance information via timing, depending on the tower, what you have is basically a circle around a tower to say "this is where the cell phone was last contacted."

This has, indeed, been a 'digital data' investigation from the start. LE having focused on WC's location so early due to MT's phone location information and LE has been searching around and outward based on VENN diagrams since.

I'm wondering how long MT's phone was providing data... until battery drained or was the phone manually powered off or destroyed on scene?

My vote is Foul play. How was MT able to send a snap chat message at 10:30 p.m. and the photo looked like she was inside a house? Along with the other evidence we know from the timeline LE created.

I don't believe she was out jogging at midnight.

I don't think we know when the snapchat was sent.
Her BF opened it around 10 pm

She was running
And LE was interested in the hours between 5 and 10 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics