Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you and maybe you are correct. I just have my doubts that they were out searching an area that may or may not have already been searched prior to daylight with out some very specific information beyond the phone/fitbit data.
I'm not sure LE would wait for daylight since they've been working they're butts off searching using phone location information, nor would they need to since LE has at their disposal very good lighting technology.

FAA--posted NO FLIGHT ZONE Over Recovery area

small_8_3346.gif

8/3346 NOTAM Details
Thanks for this dear.
[OT I have to attend my neighbor's funeral in a bit so ya'll keep it going. He sold the bad batch of heroin to my ex in Jan and now he is dead:( Never enough heartache eh? &still reeling over dear Lucas]
green-heart-3.gif

Chi :(

Tears for Mollie. I had such a strong feeling last night that major news would come today. I wish comfort for her family, her friends, and peace for Mollie looking down upon the world that mostly nurtured her.

My heart is with LE and the innocents questioned throughout. And with fellow WSer’s as we’ve seen this through.

"Willey’s group has been publicizing a reward fund that raised around $400,000 for any tip that led to Tibbetts’ safe return. He said the fund, which included more than 220 donations from individuals, will now likely be used for any information that helps police catch anyone responsible for her death."

Police find body believed to be Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts

While I'm hoping for word of an arrest, the above quote doesn't bode well for one.

I suspect there was no 'suddenly' about it; LE has been searching the broader area using phone location data since after they obtained it from the carrier network provider.
I obviously don’t know the timing of how this went down, but if something were discovered last night, it wouldn’t be unusual for LE to wait until morning to actually recover the body. They’d secure the scene, and wait until all the necessary people were in place. You would always rather conduct the recovery in daylight, as you don’t want to miss anything.

Phone location data could have been a factor. Such information dumps are thick with data that must be filtered and interpreted so it wouldn't be unusual for some period of time to pass before keying on locations extrapolated from that data.

Still odd that a body was found overnight, and not during the day. Sounds like a chance encounter by a local or perhaps LE was lead there by a suspect. On satellite view there is a pond and a waterway down 430th Ave. Maybe someone going to fish or shining deer. What a bummer, you're at the bridge looking to take an illegal deer, and spotlight a body. What to do, what to do?

My condolences to the family. I am new but have been following intensely....although I was holding out hope I presumed she was dead - I am glad they found the body for her family’s sake. Hopefully it has DNA on it. Eagerly awaiting presser.

but what's the murder /rape rate with strangers being the offender?
school shooting rate?
age of offenders?
mass shootings are down?
there are always wars and will be wars
there is still genocide
there were more murdered in a quicker amount of time in Rwanda than the Holocaust

Social media just makes it look like more. It magnifies every crime. If this was 1975, I’d never hear about a girl missing in Iowa.

I hear you and maybe you are correct. I just have my doubts that they were out searching an area that may or may not have already been searched prior to daylight with out some very specific information beyond the phone/fitbit data.
I'm not sure the specific area was previously searched... we're talking huge acreage, so much ground to cover. I'm leaning toward LE was searching more or less grid-patterns and the recovery location happened to be a next-location-to-be-searched, and/or possibly selecting most likely areas (deep cover brush, off-road streams or ponds, etc.).

I don't know how to link to my local radio station's news segment???

Every hour they offer news and they just said Mollie was found in Rural Poweshiek County and officials say it is now a homicide investigation"

Surprised people are even proposing suicide on this one. This is not a suicide case IMO, in no way shape or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234