Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is issuing a no flight zone normal? For some reason I find it odd for the US where they are more open to media?

Could there more to this case beyond poor Mollie?

It might be, but I seem to remember seeing plenty of camera footage of bodies covered by cloths and LE searching for evidence. So I don’t know. It seems odd to me. ETA maybe they don’t want someone creeping in too closely with a drone.

I am replying to the post by kc1023 : (post #448)

Dear kc1023,

Your words are so beautiful, especially these:

"I hope you were able to feel the love the world had for you during this short time we knew of you, and that everlasting light and love surrounds you now."

I believe that somehow Mollie knows this. Somehow.

Last edited:
Heard the news today. I haven't been posting/reading the thread since there wasn't news, but now there is news. Not the news we hoped for.

I wonder if LE knows what happened, if there is a suspect to be named. I'm very curious about what lead to the discovery.

It's painful to know she was likely out in the elements for all this time....I just hate that.

RIP, Mollie. You captured the heart of so many people.

Official ID hasn't been made, and the ME just got there so they don't have anything to compare to the dental records yet. At this point the identity is no more than strong speculation, but there had to be something with the body to give them reason to speculate.
MAYBE THE CLOTHING. SORRY I USE ALL CAPS AT WORK LOL.

I have wrestled with this too. I didn't understand why so little was released. Why it seemed IOWA LE disengaged from the public during critical hours/days? Why the PCs began so late... But honestly for me from the start it was not a criticism of LE but a desire to understand what WE as a community and country can do to make it easier for LE to locate missing people faster. For me it was never a finger pointed at LE, they do what they do the best they can. I wrestled and wondered WHY? I am very anxious to hear the particulars of the press conference! It took LE 35 days to locate a gal who lived in a town within two miles from a notorious interstate linked to human and drug trafficking and many missing persons. A young lady who was part of the generation whose lives are so much broadcast online, their lives have unique digital footprints which not that many years ago played no role in our daily lives. Was there something about the way that information could be accessed that tied LE's hands for hours or days? A gal who lived in a tiny town with less than 1500 people - did the lack of public safety cameras make LE's job tougher?

My heart is heavy but honestly I am so grateful she is FOUND! Many here suspected she had gone on to glory. The time just didn't bode well for a happy joyous reunion with her family and friends.

EVIL is here. And it is growing more bold. It is time we put our best efforts forward to thwart EVIL in any way possible.

IMO, the whole truth of LE activities, will become known, some day. This agonizing puzzle WILL be finished. THEN the public will have an understanding, as to WHY they operated as they have.
Perhaps at today's PC? Who knows HOW MT'S body was located? Was this in an area, previously searched? How long does LE believe she has been positioned there? I believe that info might be discussed at the PC.

FAA--posted NO FLIGHT ZONE Over Recovery area

small_8_3346.gif

8/3346 NOTAM Details

I can almost guess the annoyance of CNN over this.

US murder is about half the rate of a generation ago. These murders, especially those that are not the 90% of murder that is not criminals killing other criminals, are terrible - - but don't assume the world is without hope. all forms for violence, be they state level mass violence/warfare death, or basic interpersonal criminal violence, are down on trends whether one looks at thousands of years, the past 100 or the last generation.
but what's the murder /rape rate with strangers being the offender?
school shooting rate?
age of offenders?
mass shootings are down?
there are always wars and will be wars
there is still genocide
there were more murdered in a quicker amount of time in Rwanda than the Holocaust

Yes I understand that the "phone location data" would put them in this general area but I doubt that they would even be searching that area without specific information and the benefit of daylight to aid said search.

I'm not sure LE would wait for daylight since they've been working their butts off searching using phone location information, nor would they need to since LE has at their disposal very good lighting technology.

Pin drop of exact location:
Google Maps

This looks to be very close to WC farm.......

A mother and father are devastated and broken today.....can’t imagine....feel so sad for them and the lives that are now changed forever.

It sickens me that not a week goes by that there isn’t another case of a young girl who is abducted, abused and killed by the scum of the earth. Something needs to change.

I am just catching up and heard the news that has confirmed our worst fears. I can't believe just yesterday I was contemplating to you all (old timers) how it must feel emotionally to become so invested in a case and then find out the worst thing imaginable has happened. Now I know. I could literally feel my heart dropping this morning. I am devastated and not only do I feel deeply for this wonderful family, I feel absolute rage for whatever monster did this to Mollie. I now hope we will seek and find...JUSTICE FOR MOLLIE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric