DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FAA--posted NO FLIGHT ZONE Over Recovery area

small_8_3346.gif

8/3346 NOTAM Details
Makes me wonder if she was found in the river?

If LE was on site at 5am, that means it was 3 am on the west coast where Mr. Tibbetts lives. It breaks my heart that he got "that phone call" waking him in the middle of the night. A parents worst nightmare when the phone rings while you are sleeping.

The 1st thing I do every morning is check the local news and then come here. Even though I haven't posted much here lately and couldn't keep up, I was saddened and shocked to read the news. I really thought in my heart that there was a small chance that Mollie was still alive and being held of someone who "loved" her.

View attachment 142952 View attachment 142953 View attachment 142954

Images from the KCCI live feed. Intersection is at 460th Ave. and 21st (?). Can any locals recognize this spot?

Surprised she was not in a corn field, which was the most plausible place to hide a body in IA (I even feel callous writing that b/c it was MT, a person with so much life and charisma, not just a body but a very much loved person. And based solely on my observations from reading her Twitter feed, not through personal contact, very relatable, funny w/ a lot of character & charisma).

As I think through things, I can only do it from an objective standpoint.

So, strange that the perp didn’t choose a cornfield. If it was just off the roadway, and not in a shallow grave or under debris or under water, did someone toss it out of the car...or quickly unload it on an isolated rural street corner where they wouldn’t be seen and then jump back in their car to leave. They had to know someone would find it, assuming it wasn’t deep in the woods and was located near the street. Interested in hearing more from the press conference. Undoubtedly, LE has already thought through this and much much more. This isn’t their first rodeo.

Fair enough, I was unfamiliar with Leanne Beardon and just providing my personal perspective as someone who suffers from mental illness. Will have to look into this case because it sounds interesting but at least her body was found closer to home and thus more quickly correct?

OT—I’m so sorry for your struggles. :( It wasn’t so much that Leanne decided to kill herself while exercising. She went for a walk after deciding to end her life. Actually, it took a couple of weeks to find Leanne in someone’s very large, overgrown back yard. She and her husband had just returned from a round-the-world backpacking trip and she was applying for jobs. In their blog, she was vibrant, larger than life, but we learned later about her depression that descended on her after the trip. It was a very tough case for members here and her husband was under suspicion on SM. The case was heart-breaking and inspiring at the same time.

Lets not forget that a killer may occasionally go back to the scene to make sure its undisturbed. Jmo

So maybe LE was tracking the suspects phone throughout the last several weeks. Jmo

Good thought! LE could have been keeping an eye on the area too.

If it’s a wooded area maybe someone had a trail camera and they noticed some activity when they checked on it.

I don't know how anyone could think that LE could be anything but heartbroken over this outcome.

Dear Jillycat,

I absolutely agree with you.

All of the authorities connected with this case have become so familiar with Mollie and have met or know Mollie's loved ones.

This must come as such a shock and saddening blow to them as well.

Their dedication and tireless commitment to "bringing Mollie home" was unwavering, strong and deeply compassionate.

May the authorities feel comfort in knowing that they did everything they could to "bring Mollie home".

Tragically, something "evil" got into the way.

My heart goes out to all of the searchers, the friends, authorities, the entire community who sunk their hearts into finding Mollie safe. Including strangers throughout North America and far beyond who shared hope and great caring.

May Mollie's loved ones hold each other tightly during this awful time.

I’m thinking things like what she was wearing, hair, phone, made it clear who it is.

Hmm. I would think they wouldn't definitively tell the parents without more. Like a tattoo. Or if she was carrying ID.

However, if someone told them where to look they might feel more positive about IDing her.

Totally agree with this. This seems to NOT fit with a drunk driver/ hit and run incident IMO. However-- just speculation-- if a guilty person was taken into custody, they might make up a story about a hit and run accident gone haywire in an (unlikely to be successful) attempt to avoid harsher punishment.

Really sad to read this morning's news. RIP Mollie and may the perp be found, to bring justice and to keep others safe.

also just looking at this reminds me immediately of Morgan Harrington for some reason. I probably looked at a google map of the location where she was found or something. but it was the first thing that came to mind.
Morgan was found by a farmer mending is fences. I still remember the camera's on the car carrying Morgan's parents to the site where her remains were found. It's a picture I can't get out of my head. RIP dear ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife