Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I obviously don’t know the timing of how this went down, but if something were discovered last night, it wouldn’t be unusual for LE to wait until morning to actually recover the body. They’d secure the scene, and wait until all the necessary people were in place. You would always rather conduct the recovery in daylight, as you don’t want to miss anything.

It seems that is exactly what occurred. Road closures were initiated @ ~5:00am, which fits an earlier discovery and then some time pass to contact and allow for closure crews to arrive to the scene.

I imagine it takes several hours for investigators to document the scene before moving anything, including her body.

Yes, we would all think they would go over that area tooth and nail. Looking for the route the (presumably) killer brought the body in, if the crime was committed elsewhere and this is just a dumpsite, are there cigarette butts approaching the location, tire tracks, articles of clothing, trash...anything that might have been left there by the perpetrator.

Let's hope there is DNA!

From the map pinpointing the location, it appears that there are 2 houses in that immediate area and that the body was located between 2 private driveways adjacent to, and connected to, those houses. Hmmm. Is the perp a resident of one of those houses? IMHO, no random stranger happened upon that site to dump a body.
I haven't been able to see a map with a pinpointed location. I also don't have access to the news station's site bc of their noncompliance with European privacy laws. Where are they claiming to have found the body?

May also stop drones...

It's quite common. I remember working one crime scene where there were so many news choppers initially overhead we had to delay evidence collection as we were worried a couple of them were going to have a midair overhead (that happened in Phoenix in 2007 and it was a miracle no one on the ground was killed but it stuck in our minds).

Official ID hasn't been made, and the ME just got there so they don't have anything to compare to the dental records yet. At this point the identity is no more than strong speculation, but there had to be something with the body to give them reason to speculate.

Like a pink sports top and running shoe(s) on a 5'1" woman's body, and the right hair color? Sure it is a presumptive ID, not yet officialy confirmed by LE, but based on degree of decomposition could be spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08