Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a follower of Web Sleuths since Sydney Loofe went missing. When Mollie’s disappearance was first announced, I came straight to Web Sleuths with the hope of a better outcome. I have 2 young girls myself. My heart hurts. I am just devastated! Anxiously waiting for the press conference.

Dear LucyBaby,

Thank you for your post and I am very glad you are here with us.

My heart feels exactly the same way.

Do we know for sure yet how far the body was found from where she went missing?

Sorry, still catching up from the morning.

KCCI.com (Des Moines) has a live feed with a reporter who is between Guernsey and Deep River. They said around 5am the road was blocked off and there has been a police presence. They are speculating this could be where the body was found (however, it certainly could be searching for clues in a different area that they believe is linked or unrelated). But seems to make sense.

I went to the county page here is a list of community links from the page. This is just for reference...I’m not aware of where in the county she was found. RIP sweet Mollie. So many prayers for you and your loved ones today and always.

Edit... I can’t figure out how to make the picture bigger. Here’s the link to the page

Poweshiek County Iowa

Attachments

• 474DE1E7-2CD4-49B1-924E-4AE6B981B1B3.png
    474DE1E7-2CD4-49B1-924E-4AE6B981B1B3.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 72
So wei
I don't know but I have to say I got this overwhelming feeling last night that I should check on mollie's thread but I came here and there was nothing. Now this morning I log in and see this. Wasn't expecting it!

I had to take a break from this case but this morning I just had a weird feeling she was gone. Can’t explain it.

I just heard the news while at work. I prayed for this lovely girl and had her in my thoughts throughout these weeks.

This is truly a tragedy and a loss, mostly for her family, friends and community, but to all. May her passing not be in vain, and somehow inspire and save other lives (I believe it will) but I am heartbroken and disgusted, as I know many of you must be. As someone who tried to be hopeful and was drawn to this site because of Mollie, thinking in some way it would help, I have to just say that the willingness to share your intelligence, energy and caring hearts which I have witnessed here gives me a bit of solace and faith that there is still goodness while monsters roam. The moment I walked out my door early this morning, not yet knowing the news, a young woman in a ponytail jogged by and of course I thought of Mollie and I felt a terrible sadness… May all of your hearts be healed.

Why suicide? What over the last month would have ever led you to that conclusion?

Going by statistics those two conclusions are the most likely I guess. But then there was no publicly known indication of her having and form of depression or immediate issues. Location outside the house would seem unusual as well. Yes, there were hints at anxiety issues, long call with her dad, the field of study she picked. But that all doesn't really give a complete picture.
So I'm still guessing somebody close did this. And it may take a while to find out even IF law enforcement has a case against anyone.

Not likely that she went for a run and killed herself in such a secluded place that no one found her for this long.
There are a couple of creeks on the map LE provided. I think she was abducted and dumped in a creek. At least they have a body now. And a body usually means evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim