Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Just a tidbit here. A story posted yesterday stated Mollie hadthe made it home safely from her jog. Family and friends expand the search for Mollie Tibbetts Since I'd not seen that before I asked the reporter if it was confirmed. She said that story was 2 days ago and then it was confirmed but now it is NOT confirmed. Rolls eyes. I echo what many of you have stated here that it seems the journalists have been jumping the gun or something... I know it's a time crunch situation. But this is a big one to fumble. Sleuths keep sleuthing!
Although from her reply it seems like LE was the problem at least this time. She’s saying they confirmed it and then later said they could no longer confirm it.

Everyone seems very confused, which doesn’t give me a lot of confidence in the investigation.

This suggests the house-sitting property is "near" Brooklyn, so rural?

"The Poweshiek County Emergency Management Agency said Tibbetts was last seen around 5:30 p.m. near Brooklyn, Iowa, on July 18, wearing a black sports bra, gym shorts and running sneakers."

The hog farm searched was in Guernsey, about 8 miles from Brooklyn..."

Cops search hog farm for missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts as officials rule out potential suspects
First, the article contains incorrect information such as "last seen around 5:30pm". The Sheriff's Office has a release they posted today on their FB page that states that Mollie was last seen between 7:30 and 8pm running. That is the correct last sighting.

Here is a map showing where she was staying - 622 West Des Moines St (boyfriend's brother's house) and the house she lives in with her mother and brothers.

Google Maps

I grew up in a small town too, though not as small as Brooklyn. Very few of us (our parents) locked doors during the day, and we certainly didn't lock our cars -- this made me think about cameras. If folks in Brooklyn (most or some of them) did not lock their doors, why would they have cameras? Maybe some stores -- especially those non-locally owned/operated ones -- would probably have cameras, but I'm thinking most homeowners wouldn't and neither would those wonderful Mom & Pop stores.
I have had to tell myself numerous times that this is a small town. It's not like a lot of the cities we all live in, where now even private homes have cameras outside. Up to this point Brooklyn, Iowa sounds like it was an oasis. No locks on doors, neighbors knowing each other and looking out for each other. Not anyplace I've ever experienced.

Ok...so they have FitBit data, but no physical FitBit?

If that’s the case, then are we to assume that st some point the FitBit went dead? If so, why? Is that device buried somewhere???

As far as we know--that's what they have--Fitbit data but no actual Fitbit. By now its battery will probably have run down, but I think that there's a stopping point earlier--when her phone's battery ran down, or when her phone was disposed of.

My understanding is that they probably got Fitbit data through its synching with her phone. In this day and age, if someone abducted her, he would probably get rid of her phone quickly, as a danger to him. But it still might have captured the moments of the abduction--always assuming that there was one.

Where she was staying is part of the public post by the Sheriff's Office of their call logs. The call to report her missing is there and gives up the address. I don't think there is an issue with that since that is a law enforcement source. Where Mollie lived is also fair game because she is the victim and we can look into the victim - that she lived with her mother is not the same as sleuthing her mother. So, at least both of those addresses are fair game for mapping.

If 622 is the address where she was house sitting, this is the general area where she would have been seen jogging. There were witnesses who saw her jogging. Do we know where they were?

Attachments

• Mollie 4.jpg
    Mollie 4.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 36
Should be able to find out the location of the house from the video and google maps and place her at a spot to help figure out route. And it sounds like she was walking not running
It is at the corner of Jackson St and West Des Moines. Jackson Street shows as route 398 on Google Maps it is the first North-South road that goes through town headed east from where she was dog-sitting.

Where she was staying is part of the public post by the Sheriff's Office of their call logs. The call to report her missing is there and gives up the address. I don't think there is an issue with that since that is a law enforcement source. Where Mollie lived is also fair game because she is the victim and we can look into the victim - that she lived with her mother is not the same as sleuthing her mother. So, at least both of those addresses are fair game for mapping.
That's not known. None of that has been confirmed by DCI or the FBI.

They stated they know she went jogging between 7:30 - 7:45. They stated the boyfriend opened a snapchat at 10:00 pm.

It is unknown when it was sent per official reports. Although I'm pretty sure they know when.

Ames PD who is NOT investigating stated she went missing after the jog and after arriving home.

Wednesday 18-07-18

"7 p.m. - Mollie goes for a run around Brooklyn. Several witnesses told police that they saw Mollie running that evening. She is also recorded on video surveillance cameras."

What's the timeline of Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance?

So I initially was thinking a stranger followed her back to the house and waited until she was asleep and broke in to grab her. Then I got home and a delivery person pulled into my driveway and my dogs went ballistic. With two dogs in the house I don’t think anyone snuck in to grab her. My dogs have always been hyper alert. Does anyone have dogs that keep quiet? I would think she had warning unless the suspect is well known to the dogs. Since other people who live there have been cleared that leaves me with friends of the family, which I won’t sleuth. If that’s not the case that leaves me with her being nabbed walking to her moms or in the morning on the way to work. I think her phone records are telling investigators a lot, as long as the phone company is cooperating.
Well my dogs ONLY go ballistic if the doorbell rings. In real life or on the tv. But anyone can just walk in.

Official Press Release from today (NOTE: No evidence has been recovered to suggest she returned home from her jog and any reports claiming that are false. The Snapchat was opened at 10 pm not sent at 10 pm. No one knows the exact time it was sent. Poweshiek County Missing Person Update
BBM
Whoa. That's a bit of a leap.
The press release doesn't address anything after 7:30pm on July 18. For all we know, they have a boatload of evidence showing that she got back to the house, or they have none, but they haven't stated either way in any official press releases. It would be more fair to say that any reports that she returned home have not been confirmed or denied by the Iowa DCI press releases.

Oh, and law enforcement still can't make consistent statements. In the story interviewing the witness to her running we have ...
Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

"We're hoping that she's alive and still have hopes for that, and we're still trying to do everything we can to try to locate her," said Rahn.

This is the exact same person quoted as saying ...

Rahn said, while he believes while the disappearance is suspicious, she’s out there somewhere still alive.

In this story ... DCI: “We think she’s still alive,” not scaling back efforts to find Mollie Tibbetts

Can they at least speak consistently? It is bad enough the media has contradictory information flying all over the place. If ever a case needed a press conference to simply establish facts, it is this one. It is beyond ridiculous at this point. I don't know how they are getting any useful tips with all of the messed up info out there.

Official Press Release from today (NOTE: No evidence has been recovered to suggest she returned home from her jog and any reports claiming that are false. The Snapchat was opened at 10 pm not sent at 10 pm. No one knows the exact time it was sent. Poweshiek County Missing Person Update

Are we reading the same release? They dont say anything about what she did after her jog. They certainly don't say reports that she retuned home after are false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1