Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...so they have FitBit data, but no physical FitBit?

If that’s the case, then are we to assume that st some point the FitBit went dead? If so, why? Is that device buried somewhere???

Correct. They have data from the Fitbit. Exactly what data we do not know. I have not seen any reports or official releases stating they have the physical Fitbit.

A Fitbit can last for 5-7 days without being charged, and that depends on the model and amount of usage. So the Fitbit is likely dead at this point if it has not been re-charged since she disappeared. We don't know if the Fitbit is dead right now as that information has not been released. But if the Fitbit is dead, that doesn't necessarily mean it has been buried.

Was she seen on why 398?
The person they interviewed that witnessed her jogging - the story has been linked a few times over the last few pages - saw her go past his house. That would put her at the intersection of West Des Moines and 398 (Jackson St). You can only go north or south at the intersection - it is a T intersection. There is another news story from earlier, many days ago now, that mentions that she was seen jogging past a funeral home - there is one on Jackson Street south of West Des Moines.

Hello, first time poster. I've been keeping up with the case for the last few days here. Don't know why but this one has hit me harder than others I've come across. My heart has just been aching.

Everybody has contributed greatly. Obviously, there seems to be a lot of information withheld from the public, and for good reason. Makes it more confusing for us but I have faith they're doing their due diligence.

My gut is telling me she's alive. I know the odds aren't good but man, it's just a feeling I cannot deny. Praying so much for Mollie's family and friends for it to be true.

Think it's best for me to get some sleep now, I look forward to further updates/discussion on here in the days to come.

I'm very curious as to where the other neighbor's house is - the first one who sighted her. That would answer the question as to whether she was going straight to her mom's or actually out for a run (longer than a mile).

Hopefully the surveillance video shows the cars that followed her route shortly after her

Its kind of bizarre they keep mentioning the fitbit and SM data but haven't mentioned her cell pings. There was a big discussion last thread about whether the model fitbit she has even had GPS capability, and it would need to sync to her cell. She has an iPhone in one her IG pics so I think they're probably getting much more data from the cell.

Maybe trying to bait the perp into slipping up and making a mistake?

First, the article contains incorrect information such as "last seen around 5:30pm". The Sheriff's Office has a release they posted today on their FB page that states that Mollie was last seen between 7:30 and 8pm running. That is the correct last sighting.

Here is a map showing where she was staying - 622 West Des Moines St (boyfriend's brother's house) and the house she lives in with her mother and brothers.

Google Maps

The various LE agencies need to be better coordinated and have a single point of contact for the media. There is much unnecessary confusion about this case. Everybody wants Mollie found alive. It's a waste of precious resources when the reporters pick up gossip from social media and take it to LE.

afaik, nobody has been named a suspect and I doubt they will be until there is an arrest. Because she is commuting between two towns, anything is possible. It could be she was being stalked by one of the parents of the little ones at day camp. The camp was for children of employees. It's not a stretch to consider some of those employees might live in Brooklyn.

Hello, first time poster. I've been keeping up with the case for the last few days here. Don't know why but this one has hit me harder than others I've come across. My heart has just been aching.

Everybody has contributed greatly. Obviously, there seems to be a lot of information withheld from the public, and for good reason. Makes it more confusing for us but I have faith they're doing their due diligence.

My gut is telling me she's alive. I know the odds aren't good but man, it's just a feeling I cannot deny. Praying so much for Mollie's family and friends for it to be true.

Think it's best for me to get some sleep now, I look forward to further updates/discussion on here in the days to come.

Welcome to Websleuths El Mago. Thank you for joining us and for caring about Mollie.

How Investigators using digital footprint for clues:

Beginning at 0:25 of 1:17 youtube, good explanation by Univ Professor Doug Jacobson how investigators using fit-bit data and other media. (My repost for benefit of new member questions).

Last edited:
Early on I thought I read (I am sorry I can’t recall where) two items of interest:

-Two different people saw her jogging (they were in different locations) and both times she was jogging east

-that one of those people saw her jogging by a funeral home. There is a funeral home at 605 Jackson (which would suggest she headed south on Jackson).

Like this?

Attachments

• Mollie 5.jpg
    Mollie 5.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 65
The person they interviewed that witnessed her jogging - the story has been linked a few times over the last few pages - saw her go past his house. That would put her at the intersection of West Des Moines and 398 (Jackson St). You can only go north or south at the intersection - it is a T intersection. There is another news story from earlier, many days ago now, that mentions that she was seen jogging past a funeral home - there is one on Jackson Street south of West Des Moines.
The witness house is at the corner of Jackson and West Des Moines and it appears to have a window overlooking West Des Moines. The witness in the tv report said he didn't know if she turned north or south. If she was seen running past the funeral home on Jackson I wonder if she then turned left on West Pershing to loop back to the boyfriend's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1