Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's still not certain it was Mollie. He's remembering a girl he saw and cross referencing it with what he knows about the descriptions of Mollie and what she was wearing/ doing. So the "this girl" is the girl he knows he saw. "The" black shorts are the shorts in the missing details. JMO.

I personally don't get anything creepy from him, but I don't think it's really useful either since it was already established she went toward town.

Thank you for the clarification on "the black shorts". It was one of the options i put forward, thanks again :)

Yes, sorry, Jackson! I'll edit.
I just reread both posts on Mollies page. BOTH say she was heading east. That means EAST past the funeral home. And it says a little after 5:30. That changes things up. Maybe there were 2 runs. Maybe Pershing and the funeral home were right after she got home ( but it would have to be more toward 6, she's have to let the dogs out when she got home from work)

So she could have done something like this if she took a run right after she got home.
potential_running_route.png

Note that this is 100% speculation, but it does take her east on W. Pershing and east past the funeral home (marked with the star) and it's a decent distance for a run. It also takes her to the south side of town where we've heard they've been searching. I don't know anything about these roads so I'm not sure they are likely choices for her or not and I have no idea if this would be a reasonable route given the terrain, locations, etc. Just theorizing.

The media started spinning Mollie’s story as soon as they heard the words “missing”, “avid jogger”, and saw photos of her. They wove the tale with misinformation and details that would grab headlines.

Initially all anyone knew for certain was that Mollie was dog sitting at her boyfriend’s home while he was out of town working. She is an avid runner. She often runs after it cools off, but before it gets dark. She texted with her mother around 7:30 p.m. Her boyfriend opened a Snapchat from her around 10 p.m. She didn’t answer texts or calls the following morning and her phone was off. She didn’t show up for work Thursday. Her wallet, laptop, and glasses were found in the house. Her phone and FitBit were gone.

Most everything else the first few days was anecdotal details or quotes from friends, family and locals that were extrapolated into a story about a pretty missing girl in a black jog bra who went missing while jogging in a corn field at 5:30 p.m.

We should know by now to only believe facts that are verified by LE or the immediate family (in most cases). It’s frustrating to still read articles with false information. I so wish they would at least correct the mistakes once they are revealed.

Don’t get me started on NG’s podcast last week. I stopped listening after the first 6 sentences.

Sorry for the mini rant. I fear the worst has happened to poor Mollie. This is one of the few times I hope I’m wrong.
I haven't caught up to current yet but this is worth repeating.

So she could have done something like this if she took a run right after she got home.
potential_running_route.png

Note that this is 100% speculation, but it does take her east on W. Pershing and east past the funeral home (marked with the star) and it's a decent distance for a run. It also takes her to the south side of town where we've heard they've been searching. I don't know anything about these roads so I'm not sure they are likely choices for her or not and I have no idea if this would be a reasonable route given the terrain, locations, etc. Just theorizing.
whats the distances of this because im guessing she was in pretty good shape and the run most likely took 12 to 15minutes

what if we are looking at this backwards. What if she got dropped off went running then let the dogs out after her run.

Or maybe there's an invisible fence (or a wire fence? hard to tell from the street view) and she let them out and they were out the whole run, then let back in when she got back.

so about 20 minutes max

I'd guess 25-30... hot out, after work, probably not racing.

also got to think she had a key to get in and out the house. Is it a spare key
What makes you think this? Everything I've seen people say suggests it's the type of place where doors were likely left unlocked.

Or maybe there's an invisible fence and she let them out and they were out the whole run, then let back in when she got back.

I'd guess 25... hot out, after work, probably not racing.

What makes you think this? Everything I've seen people say suggests it's the type of place where doors were likely left unlocked.
unlocked for 2 days while they were all gone.

The map with the *theoretical* run route I posted is based on the idea that she took a longer run a little after 5:30, then went back to the house and left again around 7:30 or 8:00 headed east on W. Des Moines, likely going towards her mom's house.

If she was abducted, I'm currently leaning towards someone seeing her on the earlier run and possibly following her home and then grabbing her between when she turned onto Jackson going north and her mom's house around 8pm or so.

Hi, this is my first time posting. I have 3 daughters, ages 18-22, and I constantly think about and pray for Mollie and her family, she has touched my heart. So, I can’t find where I read if the cell phone coverage is sketchy in this area she may have been waking/jogging the second time. If it did have cell phone service, I don’t understand how Mollie wouldn’t have somehow tried to call someone or have sent a quick text, even if someone quickly came upon her. In my experience, younger people can text and do all of that unbelievably fast, it’s secind nature to them She even could have used voice command. I apologize if this was already covered!

New here. Grew up on a farm in IA near a town with a population of 1400. Now have a 19 year old daughter abt to begin her sophomore yr of college, so this case is really gnawing away at me.

Don’t understand why the corn fields aren’t being searched. It’s about this time of year when hundreds of teens (or migrants) walk every single row to detassel anyway, right?

The map with the *theoretical* run route I posted is based on the idea that she took a longer run a little after 5:30, then went back to the house and left again around 7:30 or 8:00 headed east on W. Des Moines, likely going towards her mom's house.

If she was abducted, I'm currently leaning towards someone seeing her on the earlier run and possibly following her home and then grabbing her between when she turned onto Jackson going north and her mom's house around 8pm or so.

I think that is a likely possibility. When she didn't show did her mum text or phone her? Did her mum know she was alone at the house? (Sorry if this has already been explained)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee