Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Upthread somewhere a poster said the perp may be hiding in plain sight. Also reminded us that often the perp returns to the scene. I think about this...

...on the other hand, it does seem there was no one who had any reason to harm her. Yet it seems possible there may be a crime of opportunity which then would make it likely the perp would know she was alone, unless it was random on the streets while jogging.

As hard as we all try to put together the pieces, it's nearly impossible with the mixed communications and changing timelines.

View attachment 140223

“A rural Iowa co-op has offered a $1,000 reward for any information leading to the whereabouts of a 20-year-old student who has been missing for more than a week.

Mollie Tibbetts went out for a jog on July 18 and hasn't been seen since, sparking an extensive search in the town of Brooklyn, Iowa.”

Iowa co-op offers $1,000 reward for information about missing Mollie Tibbetts | Daily Mail Online

I can’t believe how high and dense the corn fields are.
dont forget the ponds too

Today, I’m still hopeful the FBI is onto someone and has said person zeroed in and on a 24hour surveillance watch. A part of me wants to believe really bad that Mollie just ran off on her own. This can’t be another case of another missing girl with no answers. No body, no suspect, no crime scene etc. this can be so frazzling.

@gregjrichards that photo really shows it to great effect...

I skimmed through that article, just to find the caption, but in the process saw that it still contains some of the inaccuracies that have been bothering us all for days now (it mentions running through the corn fields, which we know to be inaccurate from later reporting). :rolleyes:

Anyone pull up data on how many sex offenders in the area?

Yes I did. There are 3 in postcode 52211. I posted search results but believe it may have been deleted by mods . It was a couple of threads back. I will edit and post the link only this time and viewers can do their own search as it is easy.

Eta

http://www.iowasexoffender.com/search

Just go down to "Postal" and put in the zip code to search.

Last edited:
So now we know she was doing homework on her computer late that night after her jog. Were the dogs inside the house with her or in the basement?
Now I'm thinking someone either came to the house in the morning after she put the dogs in the basement to leave for work or they grabbed her after she left the home on her way to work. Do we know if there was any signs of a struggle? Any evidence someone else was in the home? How was she getting to work? Doesn't that seem like the biggest question and possible answer?

So now we know she was doing homework on her computer late that night after her jog. Were the dogs inside the house with her or in the basement?
Now I'm thinking someone either came to the house in the morning after she put the dogs in the basement to leave for work or they grabbed her after she left the home on her way to work. Do we know if there was any signs of a struggle? Any evidence someone else was in the home? How was she getting to work? Doesn't that seem like the biggest question and possible answer?

I’m still curious why her mother would never ask why she didn’t come to dinner ?! That beyond bothers me. I’m a grown woman with three kids and I still text my parents multiple times a day. They both would be blowing up my phone had I indicated I’d be by for dinner and never came. IMO

These questions have not been andwered

I’m still curious why her mother would never ask why she didn’t come to dinner ?! That beyond bothers me. I’m a grown woman with three kids and I still text my parents multiple times a day. They both would be blowing up my phone had I indicated I’d be by for dinner and never came. IMO
will if she only lived 2 minutes away she could just stop by anytime

Right? Something isn't right there. Or we don't know something. Now they're asking her mother is she (Mollie?) was in a home at 9:45 p.m. I'm perplexed.

Maybe she did. We don’t know everything. Also, all families don’t function the same. I rarely talked to my parents when I didn’t live there. When I was Home for break during college, I was constantly in and out and rarely told them where I was going or if I would be home. They wouldn’t call or text me constantly asking either. I guess I would be screwed if anything ever happened to me because they would just assume I was at a friends or my boyfriends.

will if she only lived 2 minutes away she could just stop by anytime

I guess it boils down to what’s routine for them! What my parents and I do are probably waaaayyy different than other families. My dad is in the same town as me and sometimes just drives by our house to check on things. Waves to the kids while they are out practice ball in the yard ... lol helicopter parent maybe ?!!

I guess it boils down to what’s routine for them! What my parents and I do are probably waaaayyy different than other families. My dad is in the same town as me and sometimes just drives by our house to check on things. Waves to the kids while they are out practice ball in the yard ... lol helicopter parent maybe ?!!
My brother lives a minute away and i drive by sometimes and if i stop over i dont text to tell them. Also we dont know, maybe some info is still be withheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NarratrixofNightmares