Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok TY. Is there a link and is there an indication whether they had been let out in the morning or not? Sorry but catching up over 400 posts of discussions I have not seen the link so far.

The dogs were in the basement, where they were kept when nobody was home.
Mollie Tibbetts searchers get Fitbit information

I've seen nothing about whether or not the dogs were let out in the morning.

Why would what time she was doing homework impede the investigation?

Snipped - holding out on sharing that they knew she made it back could help the investigation in that people other than those who actually saw or interacted with her wouldn't know what happened after the run. It could help them isolate who interacted with her after the run without media reports clogging up who knows what and how they know it. Also, it could theoretically give a POI some sense of security.

Oh - I saw that earlier & too wanted to ask.

An "agent" - Real Estate Agent?
Agree with @NervousNellie - DCI agent or FBI agent

As for the dogs, I don't think it's uncommon for people to keep their dogs kenneled/put up at night either, especially with labs!! I know labs chew everything so maybe the dogs are put up at night or maybe because it's a dog sitter and not the owners they are put up at night as well? We kenneled our labs till they were like 4-5 because that lab puppy years chewing phase just lasts forever! Also, if the weather was bad some dogs prefer to be in a "safe" place.. mine get very antsy with heavy rain/thunder/storms so I think there could be many reasons the dogs were in the basement for the night and maybe not that she left for work and had put them up already. That of course is a possibility too

Snipped - holding out on sharing that they knew she made it back could help the investigation in that people other than those who actually saw or interacted with her wouldn't know what happened after the run. It could help them isolate who interacted with her after the run without media reports clogging up who knows what and how they know it. Also, it could theoretically give a POI some sense of security.

Agree with @NervousNellie - DCI agent or FBI agent

Maybe while she was doing homework, she was interacting online with people

Just a couple of questions about the neighbors testimony....

Firstly I've no reason to doubt what he's saying...but he said she was walking not running...

So is it possible - she went for the run at 5-ish...then went home did some work on her laptop...and then started walking towards her Moms for dinner at about 7.30-ish...she may have taken the red t-shirt for work with her..

So did the neighbor say what time he saw her at? And did he say she was going in the direction of her Moms?

If she was going for dinner in her Moms this would explain the "nonchalant walk with not a care in the world..." ...because I'm still like that when I'm going for dinner in my Moms and Im well past 20...(well past)

If the neighbor is to believed - then we have to agree - if he says he saw her, he saw her....Id recognize any of my neighbors walking by in an instant...I think we all would...

The fact that there was no sign of a break in or struggle at her home...

And if we assess whats been going on in Iowa the last two weeks...its just like she vanished into thin air while out of her house...

I agree. I also wish people new to the thread would read at least a few of the articles linked on page 1...

I agree, and it happens a lot. The people on this forum are lovely but they're making life incredibly difficult for the moderators who have been more than lenient. 40 posts were removed in the most recent blitz!!! I've never seen that happen in one session before.

If people don't want to read the older threads that's one thing, but it's quite another to join the current one and start reading from the most recent post. It's rather like picking up a book and start reading from the last page.

I wonder now if it happened around 10 or so, since her bf opened the snap, but didn’t say anything back. Didn’t they say that’s when her phone stopped any communication? Most girls, including myself, would want a response from my bf before bed, and you can tell when the snap has been viewed. He never replied to it, so a lot of girls would say, “hello, going to say goodnight?”, or something like that.
Although, I guess she could have passed out herself while doing homework.

He’s not a super close neighbor, he's at the end of the street close to the larger north/south road. The way he talks about her, it seems he didn't know her to recognize it was her, he just made the connection after she came up missing. In the article, it says:

"I don't know which way she went after she either had to go north or south, because she didn't come back the same direction," said Thompson.

Source: Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

It seems that she was walking east on W. Des Moines Street and then turned either left or right on 398. Blue arrow would take her past his house, then if she turned left where the green arrow is pointing, that would take her in the direction of her mom's house.
walking.png
The article just says "Wednesday evening," no time given.

Very informative article and thankfully phone technology has come a long ways since that case. My question is, how often does LE use pings vs GPS? I can't think of many phones that don't have GPS which makes pinpointing precise locations much easier.
I'm pretty sure one's cellphone can identify much more when the FBI requests it. As we know, every keystroke on our computers whether or not it is a mobile device or gps or Fitbit etc leaves a digital footprint. That would also apply to any suspects they, federal authorities, request data on.

He’s not a super close neighbor, he's at the end of the street close to the larger north/south road. The way he talks about her, it seems he didn't know her to recognize it was her, he just made the connection after she came up missing. In the article, it says:

Source: Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

It seems that she was walking east on W. Des Moines Street and then turned either left or right on 398. Blue arrow would take her past his house, then if she turned left where the green arrow is pointing, that would take her in the direction of her mom's house.
View attachment 140222
The article just says "Wednesday evening," no time given.

Why would he know her. She does not live in the neighborhood and is gone to college.

It may be a small town, but that does not mean adults pay much attention to teens.

Why would he know her. She does not live in the neighborhood and is gone to college.

It may be a small town, but that does not mean adults pay much attention to teens.
I agree. I don't think there's any reason for him to know her and I think he's just matching his recollection with knowing she's missing from all the media and posters and whatnot.

I find that quite interesting.
I do too.

There has been so much discussion about the dogs...in the basement, not barking, barking, shirt, no shirt, etc. I'm quite sure that those involved in the investigation have gotten a direction as to what may have happened. IMO, it would be foolish of them to disclose what has been found. I feel they know, but just need to find Mollie for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadstrangepod