CANADA Canada - Ying (Anita) Mui, 56, Markham Ontario, 9 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are there any proofs of a connection between these ladies, or is it only speculations due to the fact that they are females, of Chinese origin, and about the same age?
Would you/your friend have made the same claims/speculations if they had been three blond, French-speaking women in their 50s?

I would. Wouldn't you?
And people are speculating. That's what we do here. They don't need to have proof of their speculations.

Last edited:
And how unusual that they don't know for sure if she went there... It must be empty otherwise at least the owners/occupants would know if she had been there. I don't know any female real estate agents who go to empty properties in rural areas by themselves.

it still happens, despite the danger

I wonder if medical centre buildings have security cameras? Assuming LE have printed car. Did she drive her car there or someone else? I wonder if there was an office suite for rent or store for sale in the strip plaza she had listed?

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I saw from the link posted above, Mui has something like $50 million in current listings she's selling. She's responsible to all those owners to sell those listings (and will net something like $2.5 million if she sells them all for their asking prices). Plus all the clients who she is helping to buy. So unlike some other well-known missing/ murdered female realtors, she's no newbie.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Given it's been one week with no sightings or word, the vacation theory is becoming more doubtful. If LE Media Officers don't work weekends, when would the public expect an update? Are journalists asking the correct questions? Have family started a search campaign?

Given it's been one week with no sightings or word, the vacation theory is becoming more doubtful. If LE Media Officers don't work weekends, when would the public expect an update? Are journalists asking the correct questions? Have family started a search campaign?
IMO, they're busy but not in a way that they will update the public. For example, poring over CCTV footage and cell tower pings to try to trace anyone associated with her last location, poring over her text messages/emails and phone numbers she'd contacted. Interviewing everyone who knew her. Or, perhaps, surveilling a suspect.
Extremely labour intensive, but not something to share with the public.

JMO

IMO, they're busy but not in a way that they will update the public. For example, poring over CCTV footage and cell tower pings to try to trace anyone associated with her last location, poring over her text messages/emails and phone numbers she'd contacted. Interviewing everyone who knew her. Or, perhaps, surveilling a suspect.
Extremely labour intensive, but not something to share with the public.

JMO
Yes, exactly. I'm not hearing of any searches etc being arranged by family or community. Surely her community would be out and about with flyers, searches etc. They say she was very involved with community and well respected, but now silence? The LE must know something more from family, state of mind, conversation of last call with son, threats???? I fully understand the lack of sharing evidence etc with public, but at the same time, delaying info delays people from coming forward with info, or looking for her etc. I think the reason her car was found in that spot (if she parked it there) says something, but what?

DBM - nevermind....eye yey yey.

ETA: Snipped...
...“She’s good at what she does,” said Eric Tang, who’s known Ms. Mui professionally for nearly 20 years. He said he spoke to her at the event for leading agents and praised her on a deal worth upward of $10-million.

“She did a nice big transaction – I congratulated her,” he said.

Last edited:
I haven't been able to keep up fully with this case and other similar cases, but I'm just going to say that there is a huge amount of money involved in real estate in Markham, Richmond Hill, etc. (i.e. northern GTA) Large amounts of money attract people with ill intentions. I'm not saying that Anita is involved with anything, but that doesn't mean that she couldn't be a victim of those criminal groups, or simply greedy people, that occupy this market.

I hope we hear some positive news soon!

(P.S. As an aside, I used to work in institutional investments. And any area of investments that involved large transactional payments, such as commercial real estate and mortgages, was ripe for con men and criminals. Of course there were many wonderful, honest people who worked in these industries, but there were also a number of people who weren't so ethical. This might not have anything to do with this case, but I just wanted to put my experience out there.)

Glad you addressed the elephant in the room. This geographic area has specific characteristics that differ from other towns, not specifically in type but in frequency. The financial approach of investigation can’t be ignored in this case.

I haven't been able to keep up fully with this case and other similar cases, but I'm just going to say that there is a huge amount of money involved in real estate in Markham, Richmond Hill, etc. (i.e. northern GTA) Large amounts of money attract people with ill intentions. I'm not saying that Anita is involved with anything, but that doesn't mean that she couldn't be a victim of those criminal groups, or simply greedy people, that occupy this market.

I hope we hear some positive news soon!

(P.S. As an aside, I used to work in institutional investments. And any area of investments that involved large transactional payments, such as commercial real estate and mortgages, was ripe for con men and criminals. Of course there were many wonderful, honest people who worked in these industries, but there were also a number of people who weren't so ethical. This might not have anything to do with this case, but I just wanted to put my experience out there.)
We can't forget Peggy Chan from last year
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/peggy-chan-arrest-mortgage-fraud-markham-1.6962776

Globe article is interesting with new facts related to her, it mentions four previous court cases.
I wonder if there is an element of jealousy or anger for her high sales, of the most recent of 10 million dollars. I would be looking into the facts related to that last huge sale.
Neighbours of that Vandorf Side road property of talking a bit. Empty for ten years is a long time. If it hasn't been maintained is it even rentable?Missing Markham realtor celebrated as a high-performing agent a day before her disappearance

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
womackian
Back