Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the pings only tell you which tower she was nearest. They don't tell you exactly where she was obviously. If she was in her house, or outside her house or a mile away, all of these locations would ping the same, i.e., would ping the same tower.

Here's a very interesting article on the subject in relation to crime.

What Your Cell Phone Can’t Tell the Police

I used to love running in the dark. Until I joined Websleuths.

rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif

After reviewing most of the articles, social media, etc. my analysis is these are the two most probable scenerios:
1. Somebody local or she knew and trusted took her. To be random the window of opportunity seems to be too slim. She was a psych major maybe somebody she knew was having issues and needed a chat which led to an unexpected direction. Other possibilities as stated before is she had an admirer/stalker and knew she was alone in that house.

2. She became overwhelmed with life and wanted a break or adventure. I noticed her looks, demeanor, clothing, tone of postings started to change in the last year. Is she having relationship/friendship/family problems? Was she interested in someone else? Did something happen to her in past that started resurfacing? Close friends/family may know some of the answers to these questions. Maybe by not showing up to her mothers was the first sign of disconnecting from her life. Leaving her id behind is also symbolic if she doesn't want to be found or id'd she would leave it behind. As far as her glasses/contacts I noticed she wears different syles so she probably has muliple pairs and muliple pairs of contacts. Does ayone know exactly how may pairs she has? And have they all been accounted for? This scenerio would obviously leave better odds of finding her alive.

My thoughts and prayers are with her friends/family and hope she is found soon!

<modsnipped quoted post>

I think he may be referring to the fact that she had run on the team(s) in high school, and uses the past tense "she didn't have much talent" to explain why she didn't pursue running at University. IMO this also speaks towards her character, how despite not being super gifted with athleticism she always put her heart into a sport she loved. That's beautiful.
That being said, I don't think that the family knows anything more than we do, I do think as the days go on it is hard to remain positive about the status of a loved one.

Last edited by a moderator:
If she hadn't taken it off yet at night or had already put it on in the morning. That really seems to narrow it down to as she was getting ready for her shower or as she was getting ready for bed. One other possibility is that someone came by while she was doing her homework. She could have put the dogs downstairs because they were being pests when she was trying to concentrate, and took off her glasses (for what reason, I have no idea) before answering the door. Still needs some thinking, I guess.

Where were the dogs when family went to house? Shut in basement, in the house or in the yard? Has that been mentioned?

Last edited:
We seem to have got to the stage with this one of churning round and round in circles, still arguing over basic facts and getting no further forward, posting almost for the sake of posting. Unfortunately it happens with some cases.
I agree. I also wish people new to the thread would read at least a few of the articles linked on page 1...

The silence is deafening on this subject ... from everyone.
And it's so obviously significant, too, as she didn't have a car readily at her disposal and was expected at work the next morning. And especially so now that we know she was doing homework late in the evening.

One would expect her ride to work the next morning to have been identified by now unless it was significant to solving the case.

We seem to have got to the stage with this one of churning round and round in circles, still arguing over basic facts and getting no further forward, posting almost for the sake of posting. Unfortunately it happens with some cases.
Agree. I just can’t help, but wonder if we will ever find out what happened. There’s so many missing person’s cases still unsolved, from even years and years ago, where the person mysteriously vanished. I obviously hope this isn’t the case here. I hope we find out what happened, and hope it’s good news.

And it's so obviously significant, too, as she didn't have a car readily at her disposal and was expected at work the next morning. And especially so now that we know she was doing homework late in the evening.

One would expect her ride to work the next morning to have been identified by now unless it was significant to solving the case.

Indeed. They must be withholding for a good reason IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member