Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The midnight deadline would make a lot of sense. College students turn in everything online nowadays and if she was taking online classes a midnight deadline is typical.

The changing info is extremely odd. Either LE is at a bit of a loss, or they are deliberately withholding a lot and/or putting confusing info out there to disguise how far along they are.

I think the former scenario is more likely, but I pray for the latter.
I think LE just baited the perp. I think they know who they are looking at too. I also think this person was someone Mollie knew. I can't say who at this point without breaking TOS.

In addition to reports that her brother was last to see her (of friends/ family, not strangers who saw her running), and that she didn't turn up for dinner, her mom also is quoted as saying the messages about brats where the last time she spoke to her. That's a lot of different pieces all pointing towards her not going to dinner.

Last edited:
I'm new here. And probably not saying anything new but wanted to share my thoughts.

Until we got the info about doing HW late in the evening, I figured something happened to her on the way to Mom's for dinner. This would explain the car confusion. Maybe she was planning to walk there, get the car and drive home (I know her wallet was at home, but since it's only a 1 mile/2 min drive, maybe she thought nothing of not having it with her). Then when her brother saw the car was there the next morning, he texted about needing a ride, maybe figuring since she left the car, she got a ride with someone else.

But the HW thing throws me off. Of course, we don't know what "late in the evening is." And like someone else posited, "evening" could mean like 8:00 to some people, so did she do HW and then log off and go walk to her mom's and that theory is still solid? If nothing happened to her until overnight/morning hours at home, where was she walking to at 730 when the neighbor saw her if she never made it to mom's for dinner? Just going for another walk/run?

So now we know she was doing homework on her computer late that night after her jog. Were the dogs inside the house with her or in the basement?
Now I'm thinking someone either came to the house in the morning after she put the dogs in the basement to leave for work or they grabbed her after she left the home on her way to work. Do we know if there was any signs of a struggle? Any evidence someone else was in the home? How was she getting to work? Doesn't that seem like the biggest question and possible answer?

It's possible the dogs go to the basement at night. Our Beagle is crated at night, otherwise she goes on the carpet.
So far, there has been zero answers to the questions about any sign of a struggle, or any evidence of forced entry, etc. LE has kept VERY quiet about that, as have the family. Also zero answers so far on how she was expected to get to work the next day.

RSBM
Snipped - holding out on sharing that they knew she made it back could help the investigation in that people other than those who actually saw or interacted with her wouldn't know what happened after the run. It could help them isolate who interacted with her after the run without media reports clogging up who knows what and how they know it. Also, it could theoretically give a POI some sense of security.

I'd have no chance of remembering where I saw it but approx. 2 days ago I read somewhere that she arrived back home safely after her run but LE denied it.

I'm new here. And probably not saying anything new but wanted to share my thoughts.

Until we got the info about doing HW late in the evening, I figured something happened to her on the way to Mom's for dinner. This would explain the car confusion. Maybe she was planning to walk there, get the car and drive home (I know her wallet was at home, but since it's only a 1 mile/2 min drive, maybe she thought nothing of not having it with her). Then when her brother saw the car was there the next morning, he texted about needing a ride, maybe figuring since she left the car, she got a ride with someone else.

But the HW thing throws me off. Of course, we don't know what "late in the evening is." And like someone else posited, "evening" could mean like 8:00 to some people, so did she do HW and then log off and go walk to her mom's and that theory is still solid? If nothing happened to her until overnight/morning hours at home, where was she walking to at 730 when the neighbor saw her if she never made it to mom's for dinner? Just going for another walk/run?

Yes, I have gathered she would have walked there to get the car. And I agree, the late night homework is also what’s thrown me too.

Additionally on the glasses/contacts, I have monthly disposables and whenever I am going someplace even just for the weekend, I take another pair with me. Just in case something happens to one of my lenses. If she was going to be staying here as a dog sitter for a few days, I could see bringing a back-up pair. So it's possible she DID have lenses in. It's also possible her vision isn't so awful that she always has to have lenses or glasses on.

Yes, I have gathered she would have walked there to get the car. And I agree, the late night homework is also what’s thrown me too.
you think if she was walking to get the car she would have a set of keys. So if she went missing while jogging that would of been an item on her.

It's possible the dogs go to the basement at night. Our Beagle is crated at night, otherwise she goes on the carpet.
So far, there has been zero answers to the questions about any sign of a struggle, or any evidence of forced entry, etc. LE has kept VERY quiet about that, as have the family. Also zero answers so far on how she was expected to get to work the next day.
Bolding mine. Multiple quotes in the last 2-3 pages have indicated that there was no sign of a struggle.

Last edited:
Perhaps, if she WAS taken overnight/early in the AM, she ended up not going to her mom's for dinner/to get the car the night before because of doing said HW. Now, in this theory, I'm not sure what she was doing walking nonchalantly around 730 when the neighbor saw her. Perhaps doing just that? Going for a walk? Maybe taking a break from HW?

So she ends up not getting the car that night. A lot of people are asking what were her plans for a ride then. Maybe she planned to walk and get the car in the morning instead. Tired from HW, knows it's close by. Now I know people have said the weather was awful the next day but it's possible she didn't know it would be raining or pay any attention to the weather reports. So maybe she planned to wake up, get dressed for work, and then walk to her mom's to get the car. The sun would probably already be up by that time unless she was leaving at like 530. But then something happened to her at home before she could leave to get the car.

I hope we get some new updates on Monday- maybe even a better timeline. Just to patch up a few things. This my thing though: if LE wasn’t onto anyone... they would throw out the timeline due to wanting the public to possibly remember seeing her or triggering “ohh hey I did see mollie running by my house at such and such time.” Or “I was leaving to get a late dinner at 7:48 and saw her running toward the north”’or whatever it may be! They are on to someone. That’s the only thing that makes sense.

I saw that too. At this point I do think she went to her mothers. Maybe she didn't make it home from her mom's.

I've not quite managed to read everything, this case is surely fast moving, has it been confirmed that Mollie went to her Mom's? As far as I read I'd got the impression that she hadn't gone (but no reason stated why).

I have a theory but can't post it, a couple of aspects of this remind me of cases some years ago here in England. If I'm right sadly I don't think Mollie will be found alive

I've not quite managed to read everything, this case is surely fast moving, has it been confirmed that Mollie went to her Mom's? As far as I read I'd got the impression that she hadn't gone (but no reason stated why).

I have a theory but can't post it, a couple of aspects of this remind me of cases some years ago here in England. If I'm right sadly I don't think Mollie will be found alive
I know we were left with the impression Mollie never arrived at her mothers but I am no longer believing that. I think it somehow was inaccurate reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WomanKeepGoneAstray