Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The brother might not have been home when Mollie went there for dinner.

The brother "supposedly" was not home and DID have the car that evening of dinner. (that's why he dropped Mollie off at the BF house-so he could use the car-)
But, we don't know that the mom was home either. Perhaps the mother had errands or prior commitments and did not see Mollie at the home. Maybe Mollie was abducted from the mothers home while both the brother and mother were absent.
somewhat O/T
(I often make dinner and put it away for my family to be eaten at a later time in the evening. When my daughter comes home at 11pm every night she wants to know prior to leaving each day if I am making dinner and she eats after work. To me it sounds like dinner just meant there would be food available at the moms house)
jmo

Assuming a vehicle was involved, it would’ve been less likely to have been noticed by anyone under cover of night. What if Mollie had finished her homework, taken out her contacts to prepare for bed, then someone she knew/knew of knocked at the door? They would’ve needed a good reason for her to allow them to come inside, or to lure her outside, or they could’ve forced their way in (by pushing open the door when/if she opened it, not breaking it). Maybe they asked for help carrying something to or from the car, maybe a work or construction related item? “I’m sorry it’s so late...I’m leaving town on vacation/work/whatever & xyz person needed this tool/item returned before I left. I didn’t want to leave it in the driveway bc it’s expensive/could get ruined in the rain/etc.”
This would even explain the dogs, if she said hang on, let me put the dogs away so they don’t jump, etc.

idk. But it would stand to reason if she drove the car to her mom's after work they wouldn't have had the texting about dinner around 7:00 but I could be wrong.
would it not of been better to stay at her moms house after work go running, stop at the boyfriends house to let the dogs out and run back to the moms

The brother "supposedly" was not home and DID have the car that evening of dinner. (that's why he dropped Mollie off at the BF house-so he could use the car-)
But, we don't know that the mom was home either. Perhaps the mother had errands or prior commitments and did not see Mollie at the home. Maybe Mollie was abducted from the mothers home while both the brother and mother were absent.
somewhat O/T
(I often make dinner and put it away for my family to be eaten at a later time in the evening. When my daughter comes home at 11pm every night she wants to know prior to leaving each day if I am making dinner and she eats after work. To me it sounds like dinner just meant there would be food available at the moms house)
jmo
Except the mom said Mollie never made it over for dinner.

I think she headed out to her moms but not at dinner time since she was doing homework late into the night after the jog and after dinner time.

But if she did go to her mom's for dinner wouldn't that make the brother's statement of him being the last to see her at 5:30 inaccurate? She may have gone to her mom's for dinner but I don't think she actually made it. Otherwise they would have said that she ate dinner with the mom and they would have said what she was wearing when she left and what time

This! I keep trying to think of a reason why that time release would impede the investigation!
Following this thread closely but haven’t posted because don’t have much to add.. other than prayers and hope for her..and her family!
I'm wondering if she was doing her homework at her moms house and that is where she sent a pic to her bf from. He said the pic was from inside a house, didn't specify his house.

This could be very good news for the investigation. If Mollie was working in an LMS (learning management system) they will have access to very detailed info regarding what she was doing, and more importantly *where* she was doing it from, and *when* precisely she was doing it.

Don’t know if her summer classes were through U of Iowa, but if so, they use Canvas as their LMS: ICON | Information Technology Services

Source: work experience in in instructional technology (but primarily with Moodle, not Canvas)

Obnoxiously ;) quoting myself here with an o/t aside. If you or yours take online classes via an LMS, the folks with access to the back end can see everything you do (or don’t do). So “The dog ate my homework” won’t fly. :p

I think she headed out to her moms but not at dinner time since she was doing homework late into the night after the jog and after dinner time.

It would be very useful to know if Mollie texted her Mom late in the evening to say she still wanted the dinner but would be later than expected. IMO young people who use their phones a lot would send some kind of message before setting off, especially if it was later in the evening to check the Mom was still awake/that the food hadn't been eaten by someone else.

JMO she wouldn't have set off without a message first so I think she was taken from the house

SkipperKey3 -

Thats what I'm thinking too.

Your Moms got dinner on and shes only round the corner - and theres nobody else with you - you'd be feeling kinda lonely...I know what I'd do, get any stuff I'd need for the morning for work, have dinner at my Moms and also stay the night, then get a ride to work the next morning (with the brother).

That all seems perfectly rational. The neighbor says he saw her go - but she never came back. Theres no sign of a struggle at her house or a break in (so far as whats been reported).

On her journey to her Moms it seems something has happened...

Another question is - if she put the dogs in the basement for the night and had planned to stay the night at her Moms - then had to go to work early next morning - who was going to go in and check on the dogs in the morning while she was at work?

Is it possible she was not the one working on that computer? Is it conceivable someone else could do homework if she was logged in? How do they know it was her? Is there a library nearby she could have been working in?

Finding the dogs in the basement tells me she had left the house or just arrived home when the incident happened.

I'm wondering if she was doing her homework at her moms house and that is where she sent a pic to her bf from. He said the pic was from inside a house, didn't specify his house.

That would mean that her Mom has deliberately misled the investigation the start, JMO but I don't see an obvious reason for that, would you be able to explain your thoughts please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0