Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a difficult case with few leads perhaps because small towns such as this do not have the expertise . I’m not saying the LE force is bad just not experienced. Once LE realized that something was off much of the evidence in the home of it occurred there was either contaminated or destroyed by friends and family mulling around in the residence.
I have a feeling they might have a person in mind but keeping things hush to flush him out.

Right? Something isn't right there. Or we don't know something. Now they're asking her mother is she (Mollie?) was in a home at 9:45 p.m. I'm perplexed.
A few days after Mollie disappeared it was in MSM that her boyfriend said he got a snapchat photo from her he opened at 10 pm and it looked from the photo like she was inside. If as quoted above from MSM, the LE agent asked Mollie's mom if she knew whether Mollie was "in a house" at 9:45 pm (15 minutes earlier than the snapchat photo was opened), that makes sense IMO - LE was trying to see if family knew whether she had been inside that late in the evening, which would indicate she didn't go missing while on her jog around 7:45 pm.

It seems as if she went missing in the morning while getting ready for work. They can't find the red shirt she was suppose to wear to work that day.
---
Mollie is employed by a local daycare and was expected to participate in a field day to a local fair on Thursday. All had agreed to wear a red shirt on this outing. Upon a search of the home, her last known location, the red shirt was missing.

Mollie Tibbetts – Missing in Brooklyn Iowa – 7/18/18

Kind of like he Jennifer Kesse case...didn’t she also disappear in the morning while getting ready for the day?

The image from the Snapchat seems to be from "in a house." Doesn't seem that boyfriend recognized the space as the house they shared. It doesn't seem to be from her mom's house. So, was she in someone else's house that evening? There is no way anyone in her circle or town doesn't know she is missing....so you'd think that someone would say, "She was at my place." Or, "We were at a coffee shop together." Or something! It's strange, imo, that nobody recognizes the space or is saying anything.

Of course, the Snapchat image could be a red herring.

The other thing on my mind, like everyone else, is the morning ride to work. What if she arranged a morning ride, and the driver showed up early - she wasn't quite ready yet so the driver came into the house to wait. And things went bad. Just thinking aloud.

JMOpinion
I've long thought this was no stranger abduction. Also find it telling how it's been radio silence regarding how Mollie "typically" got to the Day Care job that she's held for several summers! All from a girl that reportedly liked, and was comfortable with routine. I'd also like to give a shout out to her family and the Brooklyn community for keeping silent on this morning "routine," and protecting the integrity of investigation and probably Mollie too. Do I want to know? Of course, but I'm not entitled to know anything and that's fine by me. Hope you're home soon Mollie, I really do. JMO.

A few days after Mollie disappeared it was in MSM that her boyfriend said he got a snapchat photo from her he opened at 10 pm and it looked from the photo like she was inside. If as quoted above from MSM, the LE agent asked Mollie's mom if she knew whether Mollie was "in a house" at 9:45 pm (15 minutes earlier than the snapchat photo was opened), that makes sense IMO - LE was trying to see if family knew whether she had been inside that late in the evening, which would indicate she didn't go missing while on her jog around 7:45 pm.[/QUOTE
Was her bed slept in? Was there forced entry to the house? Have police looked at the construction workers who work with boyfriend? See if any registered sex offenders live on the route she took her run on. Did house show signs of struggle?

Do I have an accent!?!? :eek::p To me brawts would be pronounced with an awww (as in Milwaukee - where I was born and raised) not an ahhhh like when you have a tongue depressor in your mouth!

I'm in NC now and on the rare occasion I hear a native pronounce it, sad to say it's usually brats (short a) like the unruly kid!:D:D:D

I think you definitely have an accent!! Trots is not pronounced "Traahhts", like you're saying "ahhh!" Are you from Boston?

Uncanny. And sad.

Yes. About an hour away.

For those who have watched investigations like this, how do they normally go at this point? Mollie’s mom had been quoted as saying one of the agents told her she’s never worked a case with so few leads. If indeed that is true, what should we except over the next few days/weeks? This investigation is taking huge resources. Can we interpret the longer they stay as an indication that they have more leads than we know and have evidence it is foul play? If they truly don’t have evidence of foul play will they start to pull out even if they suspect she didn’t run off or commit suicide? I would assume until it’s determined what happened that someone will be assigned to the case, but at what point do they say that without solid evidence of a crime they won’t have a full -on huge team of LE on site?

To me the use of resources indicates they have stuff to go on and have reason to be highly concerned. I get the sense they are investigating hard and smartly. The FBI took over a week in. And they know what they're doing.

No way to tell if they will be able to gather enough to arrest anyone or locate Mollie. But I do think they have a ton of stuff to go on.

Kind of like he Jennifer Kesse case...didn’t she also disappear in the morning while getting ready for the day?
That and the Tara Grinstead case came to mind, but I do think there are similarities with Jennifer Kesse's case. In Jennifer's case we really don't have a known crime scene and there are conflicting theories as to whether she was abducted in the morning or the night before. LE has mentioned a crime scene in Mollie's case and I don't believe there is a really good timeline.

I thought so but now I don't know if I have just read that because of the college. Would you drive 50 miles for a job or get a motel? See it seems like that may be the wrong City! Ugh
There are 2 different colleges you may be mixing up - U of Iowa in Iowa City which is ~50 miles from Brooklyn. Iowa State U in Ames which is ~80 miles from Brooklyn. Mollie went to U of I in Iowa City. I don't know of any connection to ISU in this case. But early on there were reports of a construction job in Ames.

It’s a difficult case with few leads perhaps because small towns such as this do not have the expertise . I’m not saying the LE force is bad just not experienced. Once LE realized that something was off much of the evidence in the home of it occurred there was either contaminated or destroyed by friends and family mulling around in the residence.
I have a feeling they might have a person in mind but keeping things hush to flush him out.

Thankfully the FBI has been handling this for awhile now.

That and the Tara Grinstead case came to mind, but I do think there are similarities with Jennifer Kesse's case. In Jennifer's case we really don't have a known crime scene and there are conflicting theories as to whether she was abducted in the morning or the night before. LE has mentioned a crime scene in Mollie's case and I don't believe there is a really good timeline.

Oh wow! I didn’t know a crime scene was mentioned in Mollie’s case. What did they find?

I do not have a blank wall. Aren’t walls different colors and materials?
I have plenty of blank walls in my house. And because of the lighting in some rooms, when I take pictures the walls look totally different colors. If you can’t see the furniture in the picture, you would never guess that is the room I was in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo