Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I am wondering about this is that LE asked if Mollie was at mom’s house at 9:45. To me , it implies that the snap may have not been taken at the dog sit

The article (if we're talking about the same one) was worded strangely. It said, "She took a call from an agent who was trying to determine if Mollie was in a home at 9:45 p.m...”

A home, not necessarily HER home.

'She hated to be sad and hated others to be sad': Brotherly love for missing sister

One scenario with no car involved is that someone walked up to the bf's house where she was staying alone on foot, possibly from behind the house that is set up on a hill by itself so they wouldn't be seen, got in, subdued her, committed the crime(s), and carried her out behind the house far enough away to not be easily found. They could have also had an ATV parked behind the house and used that to take her away. This scenario would be possible at night or the next morning before she left for work, and would generally fit in with my overall gut feeling that someone local knew she was alone and laid in wait for the right moment to attack her.

This is a good theory, and for all we know she's in one of the cornfields a few mins away from the house and just hasn't been found. I don't think it's particularly likely because nobody has seen buzzards and they did drone flyovers on day 1 but still, the pics of the people trying to search even the edges of the cornfield show how daunting it is.

Per historic weather from the area on 7/19/18 there was rain (anywhere from light to heavy) all morning - per weatherontheground.com
Have we heard if her car keys are at home or gone? If gone-
I think there is a good chance Mollie started walking to her mom’s house early morning to pick up the car. She may have started during drizzle but if it started pouring and someone (acquaintance or stranger) pulled over to offer a lift she simply got in. I only mention bc I once made this HORRIBLE ERROR myself under similar circumstances- my car died, it was pouring and I got into a work van with strangers that pulled up. I KNOW BETTER, I’M SMART & WELL EDUCATED but when it started pouring I simply got in. Then I panicked realizing my mistake, prayed fervently and the TRUE good Samaritans who picked me up let me out right away when they saw my panic.
Maybe this happened to Mollie but the one who offered the ride wasn’t a good guy.
If her keys were still at home, I believe a criminal (stalker or mere opportunist) saw early morning lights on, knocked on door asking to use phone/bathroom due to car trouble (or such- common line of rapists) and she naively let them in & was quickly overpowered.
Praying this precious girl is somehow still alive.

And the fiancée?

If worse case scenario plays out, does LE need to find the body to make an arrest?

Don't know anything about the fiancé.

No, a body isn't needed for an arrest if there is enough circumstantial evidence, but it always helps. Finding her is important though for many reasons...not only for forensic value, but for her family.

Jeffrey Willis was just convicted for Jessica Heeringa's murder. Her body has never been found...but he already had another murder conviction. Her mom still thinks she's out there somewhere...so sad.

Last edited:
But anyone can contribute to it. I’d happy donate! Nobody is going to turn someone in over $2000.

Once again, this is another example of how "out of character" this investigation/ missing case is. I have donated to searches and rewards funds. Which by this time 10 days in would be skyrocketing, from the public and LE itself. Everything is odd. That's why I'm continuing to hold out hope she is alive! A very rare opinion for me.
But again, I did follow Ivy Merck's case and she came home safe after 21 days. After 21-day disappearance, Camden woman home with her parents

plus; I don't think reward amounts necessarily catch criminals but they do keep the victim and/or the crime in the news media headlines and at the front of peoples minds.

jmo

It seems to me LE is only giving us tidbits. Tidbits which give us very little direction. Which is driving me batchit crazy. Evident in my recent posts. I in all my time here have not seen such. Typically they give you something or nothing, but the something makes sense. I cant make sense of this. These tidbits make me think they are zeroed in on somebody. I hope.
It's frustrating for everyone that there are limited details from LE, but ultimately it will serve the purpose of finding Mollie for them to hold back on as many details as possible. There is definitely a strategy behind this investigation in terms of releases of information to the public; with 15 FBI agents, the state & local LE all working on this case, there has to be a reason why they're taking this approach.

This case and the lack of details given to the public by LE in the first few weeks of an investigation on a missing young woman reminds me of the Erin Corwin case. Her killer was known to her and it took them months to find her body, but they heroically did, and they had tons of evidence to convict him, arrested him the day they found her, convicted him, and he is in prison for life, and has confessed to killing her. LE was waiting to pop the guy until they had located her body, as this was the only hard evidence against him - link below to an article about it:
Marine Wife Erin Corwin's Lover Gets Life in Prison for Her Murder

And the fiancée?

If worse case scenario plays out, does LE need to find the body to make an arrest?

Hazarding a guess here, but I don't believe so. I think evidence that she was murdered would be enough.

I'm thinking of the Yingying Zhang case offhand. I'm sure there are other cases as well.

JMVHO

Dalton was working in Dubuque. His brothers were working in Ames. I believe you will find this in the news stories that also contained the interview with Dalton. Perhaps on Tuesd
<modsnip: snipped quote and response to it>
I think he only has one brother. I'm pretty sure it is talking about the brother and his fiancee being gone

BJ and his fiancee were out of town working
Mollie Tibbetts Boyfriend Dalton Jack: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com

DJ's brothers (plural) were in Ames
Family, boyfriend of Mollie Tibbetts clear up misinformation surrounding case

I imagine there isn't a lot of construction Brooklyn. If BJ worked out of town most weeks, that would be a known thing. If Dalton worked out of town most weeks THAT would also be a known thing.
I'm wondering if the fiancee normally went with her husband to work and if they each had a car.
If someone was watching Mollie this could have been a very well thought out plan that they were willing to wait to fall into place. All 3 roommates gone on the same night, no car at the house (meaning she didn't have a friend/brother with her). AND waiting till she was in bed? No glasses, contacts. Her having the phone could have been the snafu if she fell asleep holding it.

Believe it or not, some people do things because it's the right thing to do and not for a price.
And especially in Iowa

My FIL lives in Iowa and he's the last guy to do the right thing. So I guess I wouldn't know! However, if someone was going to do that in this case, wouldn't they have already? It's been a week and a half.

My thinking is that if they are going to turn someone they fear into police, they will want enough money to go into hiding.

Like the case of a neo nazi that is offering a $100k reward. They may not have said anything because they fear the guy, but with a sizable reward that can get them a fresh start, they might feel brave enough to do so.

It hasn't worked in a lot of cases to be sure. Just wish we would get a chance to find out in this case.

Believe it or not, some people do things because it's the right thing to do and not for a price.
And especially in Iowa

People who good, decent people and who know what happened... would have already told what they knew. That hasn’t happened which is why a reward is being used as a motivator. The people who know what happened probably AREN’T good people. Not sure what living in Iowa has to do with it. That is the truth regardless of where they live.

I'm super far behind, so excuse me if something new has surfaced about this. If she is like my sons, she has a spare pair of contacts. If she is like me, my vision is not so bad. I don't wear glasses nor contacts the majority of every day. I typically only wear my glasses to drive. Have we found out if she is near or far sighted yet? She may not need corrective lenses to work on the computer either. ( I don't- I am near sighted, and work on a computer 10 hrs a day).

If she still thought they may go to the fair, even with the weather, I would say contacts ( if needed) and some money thrown in a pocket. No one wants to lose/hold a wallet and glasses at the fair on the rides.

I am sitting on my hands at the moment as well.

The reason I am wondering about this is that LE asked if Mollie was at mom’s house at 9:45. To me , it implies that the snap may have not been taken at the dog sit

It sounds to me that LE is trying to find out where Mollie was when she was using her computer for homework late at night. Mollie's job has been described as an internship so she probably was getting college credit for it. If the last time she was on her computer is somehow tied to her job, I believe that would be LE's focus.

I think she could still be alive because maybe she just got overwhelmed with working, taking classes, juggling all the different relationships people have. Maybe she just needed a break. Best case scenario. Ultimately I’m not convinced of this and statistically I’m sure she probably is dead... but I want to hope not!

I understand, I want to hope not either. Just logistically it doesn't seem probable. Of course even the most orderly and dependable person can snap, but given the torrential thunderstorm and her lack of car seems unlikely she just took off for awhile :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15