Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, this is another example of how "out of character" this investigation/ missing case is. I have donated to searches and rewards funds. Which by this time 10 days in would be skyrocketing, from the public and LE itself. Everything is odd. That's why I'm continuing to hold out hope she is alive! A very rare opinion for me.
But again, I did follow Ivy Merck's case and she came home safe after 21 days. After 21-day disappearance, Camden woman home with her parents

plus; I don't think reward amounts necessarily catch criminals but they do keep the victim and/or the crime in the news media headlines and at the front of peoples minds.

jmo
Hear, hear!

I find it so odd that some people don't always wear their glasses. I guess that is because it was constant headaches that caused me to find out I needed glasses.

I will get up during the night without putting them on. However, I put them on first thing when I get up for the day. After having worn them reading is blurry without them, so I noticed immediately I forgot to put them on.

I only take them off to shower and sleep. Often accidentally fall asleep in them too. I guess not everyone gets headaches from forgetting theirs.

Also my daughter and I each only have 2 pairs of glasses but there is no way we could be sure if either were missing. We aren't the most organized.... neither of us are sure where our second pair is at the moment.

This article says the selfie was likely from inside his residence, but there are no quotes, so it's unclear whether Dalton said that or the author presumed...UGH.

State and federal investigators join in search for Mollie Tibbetts

Jack, who said he was in Dubuque for work when Tibbetts went missing, told local news outlets the message he received was a selfie, and the image looked as if it was taken indoors, likely from inside his residence.

I think that is an embellishment by the reporter. Here's the direct quote from Dalton:
Jack said he received a Snapchat from Tibbetts that he opened around 10 p.m. He said it was just a photo with a caption that he can't remember but "it looks like she is inside a house."

I think “brots” and “brawts” sounds the same?

"Brots" makes the short o sound, like "Ah! I found it!" while "brawts" would sound like "Aww, isn't that sweet?" I was raised in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, the bratwurst capital of the world and home of Johnsonville Brats. The pronunciation of brats is with the short o sound, pronounced like Brot or BrAHt, which sound the same. Anyone wanting to hear the correct pronunciation, google a Johnsonville Brats commercial. When I moved south 15 years ago, hardly anyone knew what a brat was. Nowadays Johnsonville brats have more of a national presence.

I understand, I want to hope not either. Just logistically it doesn't seem probable. Of course even the most orderly and dependable person can snap, but given the torrential thunderstorm and her lack of car seems unlikely she just took off for awhile :(

ITA. What seems more probable to me is that someone dropped by and she left with them. Whether it be by force or choice is unknown.

I agree with Thursday morning while getting ready for work.

JMO
Im kind of leaning towards Thursday morning too.

Basing that off of the red shirt being missing and they seemed to confirm she had studied night before. And with dogs being put up Im leaning that she disappeared in the morning early.

If she had to be to work by 6:30 Im thinking she was up and leaving around 5:30 or 6:00 at the latest.

Im kind of wondering if she may have left with whatever ride came to get her.

As a beacon of hope, as i mentioned previously, i too hold on to the shard of a possibility Mollie went off.

Not entirely impossible.

In last few months alone, this type of event has occurred with several of our country's servicemen, that i know.

A sailor based in CT went missing for over a week with no activity reported on his accounts, resurfacing in another state.

A soldier of several years was gone for a week in NC and turned up.

A sailor thought possibly over board while deployed was found after extensive searches hiding below deck.

Sometimes life gets to people and they take a self imposed time out.

Yes, Mollie's life contains a lot going on - family, boyfriend, friends, school, work, activities, etc.

Perhaps a Pause button was tapped.

We await the Resume

Should Mollie or one connected read this,
Please tap Resume
Make a call

Cops search hog farm for missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts as officials rule out potential suspects

This link is in the sixth post of the first page of this thread. I don't understand why people want to jump into cases without reading a little background first.

I’ve been reading since the first thread. I don’t know why you have an issue with someone asking for a link, which is required when stating a fact here.

That link doesn’t say anything about the fiancée being cleared. It says BOYFRIEND and BROTHERS. So unless the brother is marrying one of the other brothers, the fiancé isn’t listed as cleared.

The fiance has been cleared.

<modsnip: rude>

Can you post a link so we can finally lay this to rest? I haven’t seen anything, but also haven’t had a chance to read everything.

Cops search hog farm for missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts as officials rule out potential suspects

This link is in the sixth post of the first page of this thread. I don't understand why people want to jump into cases without reading a little background first.

This only mentions the boyfriend and Mollie's brothers. It does not mention the boyfriend's brother's fiance'. I have never seen her cleared.

Not that I suspect her, I presume she was also out of town. I just haven't seen her publicly cleared. Likely because LE only feels the need to clear the men?

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds to me that LE is trying to find out where Mollie was when she was using her computer for homework late at night. Mollie's job has been described as an internship so she probably was getting college credit for it. If the last time she was on her computer is somehow tied to her job, I believe that would be LE's focus.

good thought- if she was only making notes for later, and/or that school requires data about the internship. My 3rd son is in the middle of his 4th intership right now- no " homework" or data needed.

I looked; UI has 4 types of internships- bottom of this page ------ Internships | Pomerantz Career Center

Last edited:
I don't remember seeing one. That would be helpful!
These are the locations I have on my map so far - if there are any others that can be substantiated with a link please reply with the link. TIA. Link to case map

Work location of housemates (Ames, IA)
Dogsitting location (W Des Moines St, Brooklyn, IA)
Company offering reward (W Des Moines St, Brooklyn, IA)
Work location of boyfriend (Dubuque, IA)
Mollie's college (Iowa City, IA)
Mollie's summer job (Grinnell, IA)
Hog farm searched (Guernsey, IA)

Some answers to Veracity’s questions.

1. Semi drivers are probably not going to be driving around streets with their semis. Nowadays, the trucks are outfitted with devices that track their every movement. Time is momey and their employers do not want them goofing around nor driving too long.

2. I posted the pic of the house from zillow. I forget the address but there is not a good place for anyone to stalk her. If you can scroll and get the address, you can look the house up on zillow. There is wven a house very very close to her next door. It looks like they have children.

3. A law has been passed so that LE has to get a warrant in order to get any info re cell phones. How long does that take? I do not know. Frustrating as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for the reply. My reasoning here is multifaceted. First, the way INTERSTATE 80 and Route 6 are located, as well as many roads in the midwest, there are ways to hop from one to another. When I travel to KC I purposefully avoid St Louis and take a route which zips through a tiny town running north and south and puts me on a route that only goes around the outer rim of St Louis. I see many truckers on my route doing the same thing. I figured they don't want to get stuck in ST Louis traffic either. Honestly though I don't know their motives.

PLUS some truckers have to make deliveries all over the place. And truckers may have family or friends along a route. And there are shops in small towns where some (me included) like to visit because the big cities are miseries to navigate and their price points are higher. So perhaps someone went into town to buy something,

And one more thing that crossed my mind. I was in OHIO visiting not long ago and the news ran a story about truck drivers who were operating vehicles while high on drugs. It mentioned how they go to KY to get their license and how they make drug buys along their routes. It was fascinating and frightening at the same time. They mentioned how truck stops may be safe during the day and some at night because of cameras but these druggy truckers just figured out places not far from the truck stops to get their fix. I have been on a heightened alert when I travel local routes since seeing that.

I have to scoot. Am way behind on the threads for Mollie. Will be back. Wish all a terrific night and I hope when I get back on this thing there is good news regarding Mollie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo